Will Cedric Itten be the main striker next season?

The big mans attitude is terrific, it really is.

He must be frustrated with his lack of game time but every time he gets a chance he comes on and knocks his pan in, has a smile on his face and you see how much it means to him every time he scores.

I really hope the big man makes it for us and goes on to become a big player for us.

I'd have no issues starting him instead of Morelos.
I feel the same. I love wee Alfredo but he's now not consistent enough to be our main striker, and if he's wanting to prove himself elsewhere his drive might not be 100% fighting for our cause.

Itten has a chance to stake a claim but I think if Morelos does leave we’d sign a replacement so he’ll still have a similar level of competition with Roofe & a new guy.

I think the ship has sailed in terms of getting really big money for Morelos unless he goes on a great run. No one who has watched him over the past year will be parting with over £10m in the current climate. That is probably a stretch.

He’s winning me over, I was one of the people who thought he looked a bit of a dumpling in his sub appearances early on. I think there’s a player there now though, I’ll be interested as to how we use him next season.

Good good good close personal freund of yours Alex Ferguson told you that didnt he?

Like a moth to a flame these threads are for you to spout your nonsense. Probably raging when he scored as well
No was pleased for him he is definitely improving but has a bit to go to win me over

That was a dig at Gee above who called it that Itten was a shite signing and Shankland would score 3 times the goal he would.

Itten - 4 goals in 286 minutes.
Morelos - 6 goals in 1.361 minutes.
Shankland - 4 goals in 1396 minutes.

His strike rate is pretty decent and with more of a run in the team he'd only improve.

Last edited:
Given Morelos will likely leave and Roofe can play across the front line and offer a goal threat from wide do we see Itten taking the lead strikers role or will someone come in to put Itten on the bench again I think Itten has shown that with a run of games he could score a barrel load of goals
I like itten but he seems to be more of a situation striker for us. Does his style fit in with the way we start most games? So I am unsure if he will ever be the main striker, more just one for certain situatuions. I think he is a good player though

I like itten but he seems to be more of a situation striker for us. Does his style fit in with the way we start most games? So I am unsure if he will ever be the main striker, more just one for certain situatuions. I think he is a good player though
His hold up play is good and can bring the flair players into the game and he can finish well with his head and feet suitable as any other good striker imo

Reactions: fmp
Given Morelos inconsistency this season I would be starting him more often. I love Morelos but goalscoring wise he has been completely off it, he at times has looked up for games and played really well but that has been a lot less than the games were he has looked disinterested, looking low on confidence, his shooting is even more erratic.

I genuinely would drop him just now for Itten for the next 2 games see what Itten can offer. I think the big man is actually a more composed finisher than Morelos from what I have seen, is better in the air, good hold up play. I think a 2 game lay off with Itten hopefully banging in a few goals will be the kick up the arse Morelos needs to understand that despite interest he still needs to play well to keep people interested.

Given Morelos will likely leave and Roofe can play across the front line and offer a goal threat from wide do we see Itten taking the lead strikers role or will someone come in to put Itten on the bench again I think Itten has shown that with a run of games he could score a barrel load of goals
Its promising that itten is waiting to be a first team regular. Hes going to be some player

How often do we hear comments about foreign players not being suitable for the physicality of the SPL ?
Well I've got no worries on that score with our Cedric
Neither do I have any worries about him hiding or not putting in a shift.
It's often said players take a while to fit in to the team - he seems settled to me so far

That leaves his technical skills, abilities & attitude
Well I'd argue all the signs are there that he's not short of these qualities either

I'm confident he's got a very good chance of becoming a mainstay in our forward line for a long time to come

I hope he continues the way he's doing so far - because he's impressed me in a relatively short period of time

That was a dig at Gee above who called it that Itten was a shite signing and Shankland would score 3 times the goal he would.

His strike rate is pretty decent and with more of a run in the team he'd only improve.
Not sure how anyone was supposed to get that but, agreed, Shankland would be a pish signing.

I think he will be excellent for us, his touch is brilliant and he has a great attitude and generally a strong all round game.

An excellent signing for me and looking forward to seeing more of him.

I believe the big man can be our main striker for years. He deserves a few games back to back. He’s showed good professionalism being in & out of the team & is often asked to play of the right.

I don’t see many weaknesses in his game & @ 22/23 yrs old we definitely have a player on our hands. It’s great we didn’t need him to play week in week out under huge pressure as he finds his feet at a new Club.

Entirely up to Cedric Itten.;)

Definitely a decent player there.

Would like to see him bulk up a wee bit during the off season, as long as it’s not a detriment to his mobility.

Not a knock on the lad, just a sad inditement on the hammer throwing league he’s playing in.

There's a good chance he will be! With it being Defoes last season and the possibility of Morelos leaving we'll bring in other options!

Like the way Itten's being managed, has abit about him! Going forward he'll be a massive player for us

Good thing is we've still not seen the best of Itten.

Whether or not he's our main striker next season , I have no idea,

Ive a strange feeling all three strikers will still be at Ibrox at the start of next season.

Unless Alfie goes on a rampage from now until the end of season.

I wouldnt begrudge Itten a start against Ross County, but I think he's doing better as a sub right now. I think we can ease him in gently.

Morelos averaging over 6 goals every couple of minutes and yet you wanted him dropped

I think it’s very much determined on his performances in this second half of the season. I like him but when he was given his chance from the start against St Boo, he failed to shine. That being said, I don’t hold that performance against him as nerves etc. are a natural thing.

I’ve been crying out for us to sign a battering ram of a striker for days like Sunday and although I don’t think he’s it at the moment, he’s someone who could bulk up or compliment someone who is.

He is the future, him and Roofe will be our main front players next season. He is young and has been given a season to adapt, expect a much more confident player next year. But we will have to bring in another forward, JD and Alfie will be doing something different. JD is a coach in the making and we should give him a platform to develop this.

Back