Will Gerrard get an apology from the linesman?

archimedes

After Beaton's apology against Aberdeen for his clear mistake, will we get an apology from today's linesman for his clear mistake?
If not, why not?
If so, 2 apologies for mistakes in 2 huge games.
Says it all about the officiating in this country.

After Beaton's apology against Aberdeen for his clear mistake, will we get an apology from today's linesman for his clear mistake?
If not, why not?

Sorry, but what's the point you're making here?

No one takes any kind of solace from these apologies in any case.

It's time to stop this shit we just accept it and that's it?
Something needs to be done 3 players all in front of the Rangers players, if it was to win a race and that was the finishing line what would the decision have been?
Its disgusting, in my opinion it's corruption, in general terms it's either gross negligence or cheating as it's the easier decision of two outcomes repercussion wise, to punish us rather than them.
It cost us the cup with no repercussions.
What the f*ck is going to stop this blatant advantage to the benefit of one team who are then allowed to clean everything up?

Last edited:
Sorry, but what's the point you're making here?

No one takes any kind of solace from these apologies in any case.
Correct. It’s a meaningless gesture from an incompetent prick. If he wants something to do, go look in a mirror and apologise to himself for being either a failure at his job or a coward, or both.
He can ram it, and I don’t care who he supports.

Pointless

Why’s it pointless?? I spend every penny I earn following this club and we put up with shyt every game. We’ve been cheated out a penalty on Wednesday and out a cup tonight. How can you say thst is pointless? The club do nothing to question this or call it out, its hurting the fans more than anything. Disgrace to just accept it and brand it as pointless.

The apology will be along the lines of, sorry you hun bstrd choccy ar la and fck the queen, written neatly on SFA note paper.

Maybe once he sobers up from celebrating. However, any apology would mean nothing and any official offering an apology to Rangers should be told to %^*& right off. Rangers need to make the SFA and their officials squirm here. Getting a decision wrong that affects a game every so often is going to happen - getting several in the one game a week after making another ridiculous decision to cost us a game is just not acceptable.

Call them out, keep highlighting it the same wae every other team up and down the country seems to
Fergie did it at United, Rodgers up here crying for 'player protection' and 'consistency'.
Gerrard does it but this needs to be backed up by everyone at the club!

It’s beyond the realms of probability now that so many decisions go against us.

Which one ?

The one who looking across a straight line couldn’t see three static players offside.

Or

The one looking along a painted white line that couldn’t see two feet that were supposed to be there weren’t ?

Why’s it pointless?? I spend every penny I earn following this club and we put up with shyt every game. We’ve been cheated out a penalty on Wednesday and out a cup tonight. How can you say thst is pointless? The club do nothing to question this or call it out, its hurting the fans more than anything. Disgrace to just accept it and brand it as pointless.
Spot on . Great post

If not, why not?
The 2 linesman should it not be , that photo of the other linesman at the penalty what was the point of him standing there and what exactly was he looking at

Both linsmen can shove any apologies up their corrupt arses - as can Collum.
We lost due to a number of factors but the main ones were undoubtedly -
A The referee refusing at least one (arguably two) stonewall penalties.
B Two linemen who were either corrupt or too terrified of a media witchhunt to apply the rules of the game fairly
C A talentless thug called Cosgrove who was allowed to kick the best midfielder in Scotland out of the game - four days before it was played. And he got off Scot free.
D Brown (sorry, Broony - must use his pet name) being allowed to kick and shove all he wanted without censure.
E Morelos having a nightmare.
Only one of those reasons can be laid at our door. I wish people would see that instead of the usual 'can't blame the officials, we threw it away' pish.

On 'Broony' in one 2 minute spell, he viciously kicked Morelos near the touchline - no free kick given. A minute later he fouled Morelos inside the box - nothing given. Then the second ugliest guy on the pitch gets booked for a soft foul on the wing. So an Irish Catholic (Hayes) gets booked for a nothing foul but a Scottish Protestant ('Broony') gets away with two bad fouls - all inside two minutes. Collum must be done for racism. Now I know where the word Scotfree (or Scottfree) comes from. Maybe the Chuckies will whinge about that.

Apology means feck all. The only outcome suitable is that official being permanently demoted to lower level football & our management should be demanding this. Whether we should have scored more or not is irrelevant & a debate which deflects from the offside & penalty disgrace.
Thought it was impossible to feel any worse than I did when got home until saw the still of that clown looking along line. Unforgivable.
Only when folk are held accountable will change happen.

It's pointless because it will be seen, or at least reported, as sour grapes after a loss. The Super Rangers lyric "They all hate us" wasn't included for nothing.

Back