Will Lee Wallace get a farewell from the club?

Eckhailitchenko

I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly

He said goodbye, we said goodbye, get over it.

Unicorn

Wages always seem to get brought up in relation to a player someone doesn’t like or rate.

Every player we’ve had in the professional era - and especially since Souness - has been very well paid. Does that diminish all their accomplishments and all their positive contributions too?

Wallace stayed when others deserted us, trying to bend the narrative or make snide comments about money doesn’t change that.

weebudsbud

How can you say that when we have no idea what happened in the dressing room that day or what followed?

He took the club to court, would you expect a farewell from your employer if you took legal action against them?
There are posters on here who claim to know the full story but won`t spill.
As I`ve always sat on the fence as IDK what happened, I`ve never had an opinion.

But..........the fact no-one will spill tells me Wallace was a naughty boy and probably best left to get on with his career.

Necro

Lewis MacLeod was the only bright spot.

Wallace looked as if he was running through treacle for 18 months of the lower leagues. McKay was parped out on loan for two seasons.
McKay looked like a genuine superstar under Warburton in the championship tbf.

I still don't think he should have been let go, we'd have been a better team this year with him on the right

Sebo1872

Half the people on here slating him were probably the same people saying a year or 2 ago that he was Scotland's best left back.

Imo he was found out when we got back in to the SPL but he carried himself well and seemed genuinely honoured to be captain of our club.

I certainly wish him no ill will but certainly not a legend by any means.

The Moon on Mars is Blue

Really could only make a proper assessment if you knew what happened with Murray. Given that Dave King at the following AGM suggested Murty would be his man of the season I think it was unlikely that the board would be giving him a fond farewell.

SDF

McKay looked like a genuine superstar under Warburton in the championship tbf.

I still don't think he should have been let go, we'd have been a better team this year with him on the right
Agreed but I don't class the Warburton year alongwith the McCoist/McDowall dogshit years.

Both McKay and Wallace were excellent that season. Wallace hasn't kicked a ball since in terms of form or fitness.

JW1988

Not sure what your point is, but I didn’t see Lee play 20 odd games for us last season. Did you?
My point, this suspect paid while injured thing has been flung about quite a lot at Wallace, yet GvB is still adored despite spending his last season on the treatment table taking a more than Handsome wage.

BobbyShearer55-65

Some people are thankful that he stayed with the club, but don't see it as grounds for hero-worship. It's amazing how some others have now turned that opinion into a 'hatred' for the guy. As far as I've read, no-one 'hates' him. They simply don't believe his actions were tantamount to heroism - and when you couple that with the facts that he took the club to court, turned out to be a very average player and his Rangers career has been less than distinguished to say the least, they don't look upon him with any great adulation.

bear wi nae hair

Some people are thankful that he stayed with the club, but don't see it as grounds for hero-worship. It's amazing how some others have now turned that opinion into a 'hatred' for the guy. As far as I've read, no-one 'hates' him. They simply don't believe his actions were tantamount to heroism - and when you couple that with the facts that he took the club to court, turned out to be a very average player and his Rangers career has been less than distinguished to say the least, they don't look upon him with any great adulation.
The irony in this post is laughable.

No one is asking for a hero’s send off. A few lines from the Club is all that’s being asked for.

Bada-Bing

I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly
Lee got a standing ovation in his last appearance. Surely that’s enough.

Bada-Bing

I don’t think there is a dislike towards him. Just a differing of opinion which is obvious when there are so many people on the forum.

LW was loyal but just my opionion, that was all he was. He was a decent LB at best and he stuck around to see out his contract when it was obvious he had no chance of getting a game.

Yes he deserved his wage but I just don’t get the high regard just because he stuck around.

Again just my opinion but hero or legendary status is based on what is done on the park and LW is certainly no Arthur Numan or Sasa Papac. Two recent legends who played the same position.
Stuart Munro was better than any of them.

clash city rocker

My point, this suspect paid while injured thing has been flung about quite a lot at Wallace, yet GvB is still adored despite spending his last season on the treatment table taking a more than Handsome wage.
20 games approx played doesn’t equate to a season on the treatment table. If you want to draw comparisons, GVB probably isn’t the best one you could use.

Wade Wilson

This topic will always split the fans.

Wallace was decent enough but wasn’t a great player. I personally don’t think he was such a great captain either.

He was absolutely committed when we went down the divisions, however he was very well paid for it.

All in all, I think Wallace got more from the club that the club got from him.

Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes that led to him (our captain!) taking the club to court. But the fact he hardly featured again speaks volumes.

Gerrard gave him his good-bye in a cameo at the end of last season.

The club will issue a brief statement when he eventually leaves. Something like “Lee has left the club after x years. We wish Lee all the best in the next chapter of his career”
There’s nothing split about the fans at all.

50k have him the ovation he deserved.

A handful of posters in the internet world like to stick the knife in, along with the mods and admins in this site who like to follow the boards lead and spread lies and rumours about the man

But hey, they’ve got their man of the year

Blue horizon

There’s nothing split about the fans at all.

50k have him the ovation he deserved.

A handful of posters in the internet world like to stick the knife in, along with the mods and admins in this site who like to follow the boards lead and spread lies and rumours about the man

But hey, they’ve got their man of the year
Ye pays yer money... Lee got a good few MILLION pounds for mostly just playing in Scotland's Lower League Football.
So can we ALL now stop crying over him once and for all.
WHEN will any of us lot be earning so MUCH that after a few years we are multi-millionaires , c'mon, let's STOP crying for this player who is laughing ALL The Way To His Bank having earned such easy money eh ?
Get a grip those in our support who Cannot for some reason Seam To Grasp this fact eh ?

Jjbscotty

He did get a farewell but deserved more imo because the club treated him rather poorly after him having a go at Murray.

TheLeatherKagool

Wallace and Miller get totally vilified after this episode yet the instigator in chief Halliday struts about as if butterf wouldn’t melt in his mouth! Wallace was the Captain he had every right to be vocal!! Halliday has been at the centre of more shit than the whole squad combined in recent years and. nobody says anything!

Slybacon

He had a farewell to the fans. We applauded him. We still appreciate him. All the best Lee in your future endeavours.
You're welcome back anytime. :)
Most will agree with this and even Lee would know that a line is drawn.

Slybacon

Wallace and Miller get totally vilified after this episode yet the instigator in chief Halliday struts about as if butterf wouldn’t melt in his mouth! Wallace was the Captain he had every right to be vocal!! Halliday has been at the centre of more shit than the whole squad combined in recent years and. nobody says anything!
Away.

Northampton_Loyalist

Can’t wait for Lee Wallace to be a thing of the past.

Seemed like a cracking big guy. Financially suited him to stay put at Rangers (nothing else).

History will remember him kindly. Some tweet, or lack of, from the club won’t change that.

Get over it.
Not sure it suited him financially to be honest. He was certainly on a good wage with us, especially down the leagues, but he could have easily picked up a contract in the English championship and got himself onto that lucrative merry go round. Perhaps occasionally we should give people the benefit of the doubt?

Danger Zone

Just the tip...
Ye pays yer money... Lee got a good few MILLION pounds for mostly just playing in Scotland's Lower League Football.
WHEN will any of us lot be earning so MUCH that after a few years we are multi-millionaires , c'mon, let's STOP crying for this player who is laughing ALL The Way To His Bank having earned such easy money eh ?
Get a grip those in our support who Cannot for some reason Seam To Grasp this fact eh ?
Car crash of a post to be honest. You can’t seem to grasp that his earnings are irrelevant here, particularly since he was contractually obliged to them and was paid those wages whilst turning up for training, staying fit and making himself available for selection.

Your rant about him being a millionaire and what regular folk earn just isn’t relevant to anything.

sonowilliam

It's fairly obvious that things weren't sittingly nicely between Lee Wallace and Rangers however both parties need to be commended on their silence.

Northampton_Loyalist

It's fairly obvious that things weren't sittingly nicely between Lee Wallace and Rangers however both parties need to be commended on their silence.
If Wallace and Miller were absolutely correct in everything that happened in the dressing room, the club were in a very awkward situation; in no walk of life can senior management take the side of the workforce over the middle management.

Shengus Malengus

Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.

P.S. Is there any significance to the bits you are SHOUTING at?

Last edited:

Bothwell Street Bear

Not sure it suited him financially to be honest. He was certainly on a good wage with us, especially down the leagues, but he could have easily picked up a contract in the English championship and got himself onto that lucrative merry go round. Perhaps occasionally we should give people the benefit of the doubt?
This is a bit of a myth. I’m all honesty, he wasn’t good enough to play in the English championship.

He had no loyalties to Rangers. Staying at Rangers got him a good wedge of money and the ability to keep his young family at home.

As I mentioned, history will be kind to Lee Wallace. He’ll go down as someone who ‘stayed for the fight’. That’ll be his legacy. He leaves zero legacy on the pitch.

Blue horizon

Aye right 'Northampton_Loyalist', it has taken for mr wallace to have become a FREE player....... and WHO got him, nuff said really tbh eh ?
Wallace stayed with us as he had no HEART to go Make it as a footballer, a LB, as if as he couldn't even tackle, this is as to why the likes of other not so great players were then in front of he in the queue ?
All wallace did was steal a Great Wage in them lower leagues here in Scotland whilst Making 'Himself' a Millionaire what, twice or three times over, you tell me.
Yet all us fans are out there early morning grafting to earn a wage for our family, make this Make sense eh ?
Is this just the kiddies in our Great Support who all now luv lee wallace, stayed WITH THE CLUB AFTER GOING UNDER, AYE, HE MORE TOOK the easy route TO EARNING LOADSA Dosh more like.

C'mon fellow bears, wake-up and smell the coffee for goodness sake eh ?

Blue horizon

Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.

P.S. Is there any significance to the bits you are SHOUTING at?
It is more a point of 'showing' rather than 'shouting at', though I do Know where you are Coming from
Next step, Higher English perhaps ?

As for YOU....'Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.'
WHAT Planet are you on at all ?

Blue horizon

He was our captain, he deserved better.

If he did stand up to that lily livered, knicker wetting apologist then he should be applauded not vilified. What a gutless team we turned out back then.
He was our Captain in diddy leagues where HE Looked decent if not Good, Premier league, all Lee DID AGAINST THEM was stand like 15 yards away from that wee tit forrest of the filth and LET Him do as he pleased, even Halliday stopped such a thing and MADE that tarrier look like a fool.

subversive_bear

Aye right 'Northampton_Loyalist', it has taken for mr wallace to have become a FREE player....... and WHO got him, nuff said really tbh eh ?
Wallace stayed with us as he had no HEART to go Make it as a footballer, a LB, as if as he couldn't even tackle, this is as to why the likes of other not so great players were then in front of he in the queue ?
All wallace did was steal a Great Wage in them lower leagues here in Scotland whilst Making 'Himself' a Millionaire what, twice or three times over, you tell me.
Yet all us fans are out there early morning grafting to earn a wage for our family, make this Make sense eh ?
Is this just the kiddies in our Great Support who all now luv lee wallace, stayed WITH THE CLUB AFTER GOING UNDER, AYE, HE MORE TOOK the easy route TO EARNING LOADSA Dosh more like.

C'mon fellow bears, wake-up and smell the coffee for goodness sake eh ?
Seems like post 2012, players were damned no matter whether they left or TUPEd over. If it was the former, them they were denounced as selfish mercenaries; and if it was the later, then they lacked ambition and only stayed to bleed the club dry. Little wonder that players tend to look after themselves, with so many fans like you around talking utter tripe like the above.