Will Lee Wallace get a farewell from the club?

Tav’s been bent over in the heaviest OF pumpings we’ve ever taken (that includes throwing in the towel and giving in at the piggery) and also won %^*& all with the club. I’m guessing you feel similarly about him?

Unless he wins some silverware before he leaves then he’ll also deserve to be waved off at Ibrox in his last game as his farewell too, yes. I’m not going to laud anyone who has delivered a grand total of 0 major trophies to the club as a hero who deserves a heroes send off.

Ah yes. Lee Wallace was excellent throughout all of that but the other 10 were shite. I forgot...

Him and Barrie Mckay were pretty much the only bright spot of the lower leagues

But yes blame Lee Wallace for Rob Kieran and Tavs errors in a cup final. Can't be arse going through any of the rest of it

I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards the guy

Could easily turn this around and say do not understand the love in for him.

Personally I don't have any like or dislike for him - just indifference. Rumours of feigning injury, whatever happened at Hampden and taking the club to court shifted him from decent bloke to an irrelevance for me.

Like I said, deserves credit for staying with us and by all accounts been excellent off the pitch re charity work etc but I think we're more than even with him.

I genuinely do not understand the dislike towards the guy

I don’t think there is a dislike towards him. Just a differing of opinion which is obvious when there are so many people on the forum.

LW was loyal but just my opionion, that was all he was. He was a decent LB at best and he stuck around to see out his contract when it was obvious he had no chance of getting a game.

Yes he deserved his wage but I just don’t get the high regard just because he stuck around.

Again just my opinion but hero or legendary status is based on what is done on the park and LW is certainly no Arthur Numan or Sasa Papac. Two recent legends who played the same position.

Him and Barrie Mckay were pretty much the only bright spot of the lower leagues

But yes blame Lee Wallace for Rob Kieran and Tavs errors in a cup final. Can't be arse going through any of the rest of it

Lewis MacLeod was the only bright spot.

Wallace looked as if he was running through treacle for 18 months of the lower leagues. McKay was parped out on loan for two seasons.

I don’t think there is a dislike towards him. Just a differing of opinion which is obvious when there are so many people on the forum.

LW was loyal but just my opionion, that was all he was. He was a decent LB at best and he stuck around to see out his contract when it was obvious he had no chance of getting a game.

Yes he deserved his wage but I just don’t get the high regard just because he stuck around.

Again just my opinion but hero or legendary status is based on what is done on the park and LW is certainly no Arthur Numan or Sasa Papac. Two recent legends who played the same position.

Mind Arthur wouldn't take a reduced contract to play on when we were trying to make cuts as a club?

And yes I fully expect this to be blamed on Bain from some

Can’t wait for Lee Wallace to be a thing of the past.

Seemed like a cracking big guy. Financially suited him to stay put at Rangers (nothing else).

History will remember him kindly. Some tweet, or lack of, from the club won’t change that.

Get over it.

Mind Arthur wouldn't take a reduced contract to play on when we were trying to make cuts as a club?

And yes I fully expect this to be blamed on Bain from some

Show me anyone in any walk of life that would happily take a wage cut?

Would you work for less than what you are worth or what you could earn at another company?

I actually think he was a good left back over a good number of years. I also have no problem with him opting to stick around and he paid what he was entitled to - he had no moral or other obligation to end his contract early etc. Similarly I have no problem with him getting his 5 minute cameo and send off towards the end of the season - he stuck with us and I think his heart was in the right place throughout. That said, I absolutely do have an issue with how he and Miller apparently behaved before (not after) the Old Firm semi final last season. I am not going to set out what I believe happened, save to say that I have a heck of a lot more sympathy with Murty (who, to be clear, I don’t rate as a manager but I at least admire for his integrity etc) than I do for Wallace and Miller over that particular Old Firm debacle. Things are rarely as black and white as many on here see them.

Imagine having fans who want more of a farewell than what he’s already received when he contributed nothing to the team in the SPL over his time at the club. Will leave with a division 3, division 2, Championship and Petrofac Cup to his name. Some honours list.

Also heads off with a bottled Scottish Cup final defeat, multiple pumping’s off the bheasts, a Petrofac Cup final defeat and the grand total of %^*& all contributed in the SPL since we’ve come back up. Oh, and a loss to Progres Niederkorn in Europe.

Still, let’s give him a heroes send off :))

Did Lee shag your burd?

This topic will always split the fans.

Wallace was decent enough but wasn’t a great player. I personally don’t think he was such a great captain either.

He was absolutely committed when we went down the divisions, however he was very well paid for it.

All in all, I think Wallace got more from the club that the club got from him.

Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes that led to him (our captain!) taking the club to court. But the fact he hardly featured again speaks volumes.

Gerrard gave him his good-bye in a cameo at the end of last season.

The club will issue a brief statement when he eventually leaves. Something like “Lee has left the club after x years. We wish Lee all the best in the next chapter of his career”

He's had his farewell to the support and I would imagine that he will get a mention when his contract fully expires. The day he took the club on and it garnered public attention he was finished imo. Remember that there was an internal enquiry, which we were not privvy to. That said, I don't wish him any ill.

Given to him by Steven Gerrard.

Meanwhile on social media we get from the club let's give Matt Polstar a happy birthday.
You understand it's not Dave King dishing out the Happy Birthdays on instagram and twitter?
The point remains, for the social media team, picking a side, and siding with a player who took the club to court is hardly good for job progression in any job.

I'm grateful to Lee Wallace and like the guy, but if I was an employee, I wouldn't be looking to get in the middle of a board v employee dispute, especially not going against the board.

**Edit, the board might just have overlooked it, as they are probably busy on more important things, and they might not even care too much if at all, if the social media team put up a big thank you to LW.
But if it's your job, you probably just take the safe option. Or most folk do anyway.

Last edited:
I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly

Wallace had his farewell against Aberdeen I’d expect a comment from the social media team when his contract expires. As for Kenny Miller he can go %^*& himself, he’s nothing but a badge thumping mercenary.

Tav’s been bent over in the heaviest OF pumpings we’ve ever taken (that includes throwing in the towel and giving in at the piggery) and also won %^*& all with the club. I’m guessing you feel similarly about him?

No because Tav is a decent footballer.

No because Tav is a decent footballer.

He ticks all the same boxes Liviloyal used to deride Wallace and he was as bad as anyone in those OF thrashings, he also managed to make Anthony Stokes look like Maradona in a cup final.

Wallace was a decent footballer too at one point, the treatments he’s now getting from some is poor. As someone else alluded to, it’s quite a contrast to the “hero, stayed for the fight” mantra that was the norm 7 or so years ago.

Maybe one day, with any luck, a certain section of fans will realise their dream of seeing top players play for Rangers for free, where they’ll stay and give 100% until they lose form and the support decide collectively that they can leave. Only then can a player be free from their criticisms and obtain true legendary status. Although knowing these guys they’d probably still find something to have a go at.

I was hoping if his contract expired on the 1st of June then he would have maybe got something.

Could it possibly be his contract is up on 1st of July and he will get one then?

There was not a single word of Kenny Miller leaving from the club, which was poor.

For a club captain and servant for a long time to leave without as much as a mention on the website would be massively disappointing from the club.

The board have done magnificently since taking over but the Miller and Wallace episode has been handled terribly

He said goodbye, we said goodbye, get over it.

Wages always seem to get brought up in relation to a player someone doesn’t like or rate.

Every player we’ve had in the professional era - and especially since Souness - has been very well paid. Does that diminish all their accomplishments and all their positive contributions too?

Wallace stayed when others deserted us, trying to bend the narrative or make snide comments about money doesn’t change that.

How can you say that when we have no idea what happened in the dressing room that day or what followed?

He took the club to court, would you expect a farewell from your employer if you took legal action against them?
There are posters on here who claim to know the full story but won`t spill.
As I`ve always sat on the fence as IDK what happened, I`ve never had an opinion.

But..........the fact no-one will spill tells me Wallace was a naughty boy and probably best left to get on with his career.

Lewis MacLeod was the only bright spot.

Wallace looked as if he was running through treacle for 18 months of the lower leagues. McKay was parped out on loan for two seasons.
McKay looked like a genuine superstar under Warburton in the championship tbf.

I still don't think he should have been let go, we'd have been a better team this year with him on the right

Half the people on here slating him were probably the same people saying a year or 2 ago that he was Scotland's best left back.

Imo he was found out when we got back in to the SPL but he carried himself well and seemed genuinely honoured to be captain of our club.

I certainly wish him no ill will but certainly not a legend by any means.

Really could only make a proper assessment if you knew what happened with Murray. Given that Dave King at the following AGM suggested Murty would be his man of the season I think it was unlikely that the board would be giving him a fond farewell.

McKay looked like a genuine superstar under Warburton in the championship tbf.

I still don't think he should have been let go, we'd have been a better team this year with him on the right

Agreed but I don't class the Warburton year alongwith the McCoist/McDowall dogshit years.

Both McKay and Wallace were excellent that season. Wallace hasn't kicked a ball since in terms of form or fitness.

Not sure what your point is, but I didn’t see Lee play 20 odd games for us last season. Did you?
My point, this suspect paid while injured thing has been flung about quite a lot at Wallace, yet GvB is still adored despite spending his last season on the treatment table taking a more than Handsome wage.

Some people are thankful that he stayed with the club, but don't see it as grounds for hero-worship. It's amazing how some others have now turned that opinion into a 'hatred' for the guy. As far as I've read, no-one 'hates' him. They simply don't believe his actions were tantamount to heroism - and when you couple that with the facts that he took the club to court, turned out to be a very average player and his Rangers career has been less than distinguished to say the least, they don't look upon him with any great adulation.

Some people are thankful that he stayed with the club, but don't see it as grounds for hero-worship. It's amazing how some others have now turned that opinion into a 'hatred' for the guy. As far as I've read, no-one 'hates' him. They simply don't believe his actions were tantamount to heroism - and when you couple that with the facts that he took the club to court, turned out to be a very average player and his Rangers career has been less than distinguished to say the least, they don't look upon him with any great adulation.

The irony in this post is laughable.

No one is asking for a hero’s send off. A few lines from the Club is all that’s being asked for.

Lee got a standing ovation in his last appearance. Surely that’s enough.

Stuart Munro was better than any of them.

My point, this suspect paid while injured thing has been flung about quite a lot at Wallace, yet GvB is still adored despite spending his last season on the treatment table taking a more than Handsome wage.
20 games approx played doesn’t equate to a season on the treatment table. If you want to draw comparisons, GVB probably isn’t the best one you could use.

Back