Will Lee Wallace get a farewell from the club?

This topic will always split the fans.

Wallace was decent enough but wasn’t a great player. I personally don’t think he was such a great captain either.

He was absolutely committed when we went down the divisions, however he was very well paid for it.

All in all, I think Wallace got more from the club that the club got from him.

Nobody knows what happened behind the scenes that led to him (our captain!) taking the club to court. But the fact he hardly featured again speaks volumes.

Gerrard gave him his good-bye in a cameo at the end of last season.

The club will issue a brief statement when he eventually leaves. Something like “Lee has left the club after x years. We wish Lee all the best in the next chapter of his career”

There’s nothing split about the fans at all.

50k have him the ovation he deserved.

A handful of posters in the internet world like to stick the knife in, along with the mods and admins in this site who like to follow the boards lead and spread lies and rumours about the man

But hey, they’ve got their man of the year

There’s nothing split about the fans at all.

50k have him the ovation he deserved.

A handful of posters in the internet world like to stick the knife in, along with the mods and admins in this site who like to follow the boards lead and spread lies and rumours about the man

But hey, they’ve got their man of the year

Ye pays yer money... Lee got a good few MILLION pounds for mostly just playing in Scotland's Lower League Football.
So can we ALL now stop crying over him once and for all.
WHEN will any of us lot be earning so MUCH that after a few years we are multi-millionaires , c'mon, let's STOP crying for this player who is laughing ALL The Way To His Bank having earned such easy money eh ?
Get a grip those in our support who Cannot for some reason Seam To Grasp this fact eh ?

He did get a farewell but deserved more imo because the club treated him rather poorly after him having a go at Murray.

Wallace and Miller get totally vilified after this episode yet the instigator in chief Halliday struts about as if butterf wouldn’t melt in his mouth! Wallace was the Captain he had every right to be vocal!! Halliday has been at the centre of more shit than the whole squad combined in recent years and. nobody says anything!

He had a farewell to the fans. We applauded him. We still appreciate him. All the best Lee in your future endeavours.
You're welcome back anytime. :)
Most will agree with this and even Lee would know that a line is drawn.

Wallace and Miller get totally vilified after this episode yet the instigator in chief Halliday struts about as if butterf wouldn’t melt in his mouth! Wallace was the Captain he had every right to be vocal!! Halliday has been at the centre of more shit than the whole squad combined in recent years and. nobody says anything!
Away.

Can’t wait for Lee Wallace to be a thing of the past.

Seemed like a cracking big guy. Financially suited him to stay put at Rangers (nothing else).

History will remember him kindly. Some tweet, or lack of, from the club won’t change that.

Get over it.
Not sure it suited him financially to be honest. He was certainly on a good wage with us, especially down the leagues, but he could have easily picked up a contract in the English championship and got himself onto that lucrative merry go round. Perhaps occasionally we should give people the benefit of the doubt?

Ye pays yer money... Lee got a good few MILLION pounds for mostly just playing in Scotland's Lower League Football.
WHEN will any of us lot be earning so MUCH that after a few years we are multi-millionaires , c'mon, let's STOP crying for this player who is laughing ALL The Way To His Bank having earned such easy money eh ?
Get a grip those in our support who Cannot for some reason Seam To Grasp this fact eh ?

Car crash of a post to be honest. You can’t seem to grasp that his earnings are irrelevant here, particularly since he was contractually obliged to them and was paid those wages whilst turning up for training, staying fit and making himself available for selection.

Your rant about him being a millionaire and what regular folk earn just isn’t relevant to anything.

It's fairly obvious that things weren't sittingly nicely between Lee Wallace and Rangers however both parties need to be commended on their silence.

It's fairly obvious that things weren't sittingly nicely between Lee Wallace and Rangers however both parties need to be commended on their silence.
If Wallace and Miller were absolutely correct in everything that happened in the dressing room, the club were in a very awkward situation; in no walk of life can senior management take the side of the workforce over the middle management.

Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.

P.S. Is there any significance to the bits you are SHOUTING at?

Last edited:
Not sure it suited him financially to be honest. He was certainly on a good wage with us, especially down the leagues, but he could have easily picked up a contract in the English championship and got himself onto that lucrative merry go round. Perhaps occasionally we should give people the benefit of the doubt?

This is a bit of a myth. I’m all honesty, he wasn’t good enough to play in the English championship.

He had no loyalties to Rangers. Staying at Rangers got him a good wedge of money and the ability to keep his young family at home.

As I mentioned, history will be kind to Lee Wallace. He’ll go down as someone who ‘stayed for the fight’. That’ll be his legacy. He leaves zero legacy on the pitch.

Aye right 'Northampton_Loyalist', it has taken for mr wallace to have become a FREE player....... and WHO got him, nuff said really tbh eh ?
Wallace stayed with us as he had no HEART to go Make it as a footballer, a LB, as if as he couldn't even tackle, this is as to why the likes of other not so great players were then in front of he in the queue ?
All wallace did was steal a Great Wage in them lower leagues here in Scotland whilst Making 'Himself' a Millionaire what, twice or three times over, you tell me.
Yet all us fans are out there early morning grafting to earn a wage for our family, make this Make sense eh ?
Is this just the kiddies in our Great Support who all now luv lee wallace, stayed WITH THE CLUB AFTER GOING UNDER, AYE, HE MORE TOOK the easy route TO EARNING LOADSA Dosh more like.

C'mon fellow bears, wake-up and smell the coffee for goodness sake eh ?

Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.

P.S. Is there any significance to the bits you are SHOUTING at?

It is more a point of 'showing' rather than 'shouting at', though I do Know where you are Coming from
Next step, Higher English perhaps ?

As for YOU....'Such is your venom you could be mistaken for speaking of the Celtc captain.'
WHAT Planet are you on at all ?

He was our captain, he deserved better.

If he did stand up to that lily livered, knicker wetting apologist then he should be applauded not vilified. What a gutless team we turned out back then.

He was our Captain in diddy leagues where HE Looked decent if not Good, Premier league, all Lee DID AGAINST THEM was stand like 15 yards away from that wee tit forrest of the filth and LET Him do as he pleased, even Halliday stopped such a thing and MADE that mentally challenged look like a fool.

Aye right 'Northampton_Loyalist', it has taken for mr wallace to have become a FREE player....... and WHO got him, nuff said really tbh eh ?
Wallace stayed with us as he had no HEART to go Make it as a footballer, a LB, as if as he couldn't even tackle, this is as to why the likes of other not so great players were then in front of he in the queue ?
All wallace did was steal a Great Wage in them lower leagues here in Scotland whilst Making 'Himself' a Millionaire what, twice or three times over, you tell me.
Yet all us fans are out there early morning grafting to earn a wage for our family, make this Make sense eh ?
Is this just the kiddies in our Great Support who all now luv lee wallace, stayed WITH THE CLUB AFTER GOING UNDER, AYE, HE MORE TOOK the easy route TO EARNING LOADSA Dosh more like.

C'mon fellow bears, wake-up and smell the coffee for goodness sake eh ?

Seems like post 2012, players were damned no matter whether they left or TUPEd over. If it was the former, them they were denounced as selfish mercenaries; and if it was the later, then they lacked ambition and only stayed to bleed the club dry. Little wonder that players tend to look after themselves, with so many fans like you around talking utter tripe like the above.

Yes, okay, Lee was a World Beater.

I more agree with the

'This is a bit of a myth. I’m all honesty, he wasn’t good enough to play in the English championship.

He had no loyalties to Rangers. Staying at Rangers got him a good wedge of money and the ability to keep his young family at home.

As I mentioned, history will be kind to Lee Wallace. He’ll go down as someone who ‘stayed for the fight’. That’ll be his legacy. He leaves zero legacy on the pitch. '

(I never said this)

Seems like post 2012, players were damned no matter whether they left or TUPEd over. If it was the former, them they were denounced as selfish mercenaries; and if it was the later, then they lacked ambition and only stayed to bleed the club dry. Little wonder that players tend to look after themselves, with so many fans like you around talking utter tripe like the above.

Each to their own eh ?

Northampton_Loyalist said:
This is a bit of a myth. I’m all honesty, he wasn’t good enough to play in the English championship.

As I mentioned, history will be kind to Lee Wallace. He’ll go down as someone who ‘stayed for the fight’. That’ll be his legacy. He leaves zero legacy on the pitch.

I never said THIS, I was far more kind, so WHY ATTACK me then ?
(get a grip)

Car crash of a post to be honest. You can’t seem to grasp that his earnings are irrelevant here, particularly since he was contractually obliged to them and was paid those wages whilst turning up for training, staying fit and making himself available for selection.

Your rant about him being a millionaire and what regular folk earn just isn’t relevant to anything.

I am not ever 'ranting'

I don’t favour testimonials for any player other than those ill or injured. We cannot be used as a whip round envelope for well paid individuals imho. Those days should be gone,

He had his farewell.

You’d think he was a treble winning captain the way some people go on about him.

No, but the sacrifice he made in his personal and professional life should never be forgotten. Granted it did suit him at the time to stay when others didn't, but nonetheless he deserves a token of gratitude from the fans and more importantly, the club

I with most here these players are paid vast amounts "just to kick a ball" as my wife keeps saying giving them more is a no from me, Christ one week's amount these players make would change my life

with QPR announcing him tomorrow, I'd expect a tribute on the official site tonight or tomorrow at the very least

The treatment of Wallace was a blot on the copybook of the current Cheif Exec for me, massively.

Miller also, but Wallace more so.

He got his farewell though from the people that matter, which in turn will be what matters to him.

IIRC his appeal was only against the punishment rather than the outcome itself.

Employment laws are funny things, however making a dressing room dust up into an HR complaint in footballing terms is pretty much unheard of however it possibly signifies the time we are in.

Instead of acting like a man, a manager which he was, Murty went squealing to his pal and raised an HR complaint, then played someone a few days later who everyone knew had been leaking team to information to "show who was boss", then a mere few days later sent out a team to get beat, and no one will convince me otherwise, with the words of "I only stand on the sidelines" before a 5-0 hiding at Parkhead, which could have been double figures.

Probably a fitting end to the banter years.

Imagine having fans who want more of a farewell than what he’s already received when he contributed nothing to the team in the SPL over his time at the club. Will leave with a division 3, division 2, Championship and Petrofac Cup to his name. Some honours list.

Also heads off with a bottled Scottish Cup final defeat, multiple pumping’s off the bheasts, a Petrofac Cup final defeat and the grand total of %^*& all contributed in the SPL since we’ve come back up. Oh, and a loss to Progres Niederkorn in Europe.

Still, let’s give him a heroes send off :))
not looking to get massively involved in this debate , i like him as a guy , average player , wish him the best etc
on your point tho you missed after progres , worst defeat in our history , an 18 year old kid with only 15 senior games was left to do the post match

Employment laws are funny things, however making a dressing room dust up into an HR complaint in footballing terms is pretty much unheard of however it possibly signifies the time we are in.

Instead of acting like a man, a manager which he was, Murty went squealing to his pal and raised an HR complaint, then played someone a few days later who everyone knew had been leaking team to information to "show who was boss", then a mere few days later sent out a team to get beat, and no one will convince me otherwise, with the words of "I only stand on the sidelines" before a 5-0 hiding at Parkhead, which could have been double figures.

Probably a fitting end to the banter years.

It was appealed to the SPFL as their rules only allow a player to be fined two weeks wages and we fined both four.

It was appealed to the SPFL as their rules only allow a player to be fined two weeks wages and we fined both four.

Sorry I should have made my point clearer instead of ranting!

I meant they didn't appeal the reasoning of the punishment because Employement rules were on Rangers side, from what I can see anyway so I may well be wrong

I meant they didn't appeal the reasoning of the punishment because Employement rules were on Rangers side, from what I can see anyway so I may well be wrong

So if it was on Rangers' side, I'm not quite sure what it is Murty's done wrong in this scenario.

I can't guess at exactly what really happened here - whether the player or the club are fully to blame or if there are degrees of guilt - mitigating circumstances on either or both sides or if this has just been blown out of all proportion

One thing for absolutely sure is that it's done player or club no favours - & if truth be told both have suffered negativity that would appear to be unecessary whatever it was that occurred

I sincereley hope it wasn't just a case of petty handbags, bruised egos or rigidity to rules despite practicalities - because this shows us in bad light whether we like it or not

Alternatively if this really was a serious & significant incident then we should have thrown the book at the culprits

Instead we've got silence & secrecy that's allowed the whole episode to fester

So if it was on Rangers' side, I'm not quite sure what it is Murty's done wrong in this scenario.

Football isn't like a normal employment situation.

Fights, Arguments, Shouting and Swearing, misconduct in an HR sense will happen in every dressing room up and down Britain.

Imagine for one Second Walter Smith went to Martin Bain with an HR complaint because of a dressing room dust-up after a hiding in an Old Firm game if it wasn't us I would have been pissing myself at the manager and executive.

Imagine Numan went with one because Ian Ferguson went tonto when we got beat 6-2.

It was a disgrace.

Does he want one?.

I'd imagine he just wants karma dealt against the paedo harbourers who tried to ruin his reputation!.

Back