Will Livi play differently in the cup?

SpainLoyal4567

It's a one of game and a chance to get to Hampden, can you see Livi attacking us more than normal and do you think it will be an open game?

Nope.

It will be pretty much two banks of 5 and every attempt to make the game as scrappy as possible.

Most teams in Scotland don’t know how to play any other way against us.

They will look at set pieces again as its their best chance of scoring. Long High Balls up to striker to battle for. My concern is can Helander and Goldson deal with it as ball over the top we have no pace at the back.

There is not a chance they will change their style. They will be hoping for a break away goal or penalties which they are probably practicing right now

Saw some of their game against Dolly of HeeberyGeebery Telly the other night and they were the better football team ??

Obviously they change tactics for against us and play for scraps until behind by 2

Wonder sometimes if these teams would be better off just having a go at playing normally, especially at home. Sadly seems to be a "modern" thing as years gone by away games to the likes of Love Street, Tannadice etc were good games with end to end action and dare i say it "excitement"

Football coaching itself to death

They can't play differently, they are cut from the same cloth as Aberdeen , just a slightly diluted version.

They would put a cover on the park to avoid the surface being slick if it rains if they could, they want this being a tight match on a very dry AstroTurf pitch, 4-5-1 formation.

Wednesday won't be pretty, just win Gers.

No. That style of play will be even more effective with their pitch. We'll need to be extremely patient and much more switched on defensively than we were last weekend.

There's no replay at Ibrox up for grabs so they'll be just as defensive as they normally are. Absolutely no reason for them to open up at all, when they can sit in and try for ET and hope we tire, then penalties is a 50/50 shot for them which is better than open play.

So yes, they'll play differently. Even more defensive!

It’s the pitch that’s the issue. I’d hope Gerrard doesn’t make a ton of changes but I think we will see 3 or 4. I just want it done and dusted. Give me a win in any manner.

Scottish teams are so park-the-bus that even going 1-0 down won't cause them to begin to come out. They're literally content to keep sitting in at 1-0 and only start vaguely crossing the halfway line a bit after the 80th minute. You need 2 to open them up, as we saw yesterday.

They will play their hearts out against us again but realistically they should be beaten by 3 at least.
I hope

They will look at set pieces again as its their best chance of scoring. Long High Balls up to striker to battle for. My concern is can Helander and Goldson deal with it as ball over the top we have no pace at the back.

Think Edmundson might play against Livingston for some minutes plus his pace.

They might play on the 18yd line instead of the 6yd line.

The might just tackle with both feet rather than both feet and an elbow.

Other than that, I don’t see many significant changes for their approach.

That big striker or theirs gave our defence a hard time at Ibrox in the last game.

Yep, everyone behind the ball, waste time at set pieces, stay down after the slightest knock, collapse at minimal contact.

They will park the bus as they are entitled to do. We have just got to break it down what would nice to see is us go high tempo from the start. Too many games where its second half before we do anything and that puts too much pressure on us ,and me watching it .

Back