Will punishments for Dubai be settled before they ban our players?

The Gooner

I know our players deserve what’s coming to them but surely the Dubai debacle has to see some punishments dished out first.

Lack of Dubai investigation makes it very hard for them to pursue the 5 in my opinion. They had pictures of their Captain and Manager in clear breach of social distancing rules and the communal area aspect of the rules for the teams. That’s without looking at any other breaches - Duffy on the plane, the COVID outbreak etc

I’m surprised nothing else has happened with our players, Jones and Edmondson were charged immediately

They have no intention of investigating Dubai
SFA hedging their bets in case the Scottish cup is restarted in order to maximise our suspensions with European and domestic fixtures piling up?

The SFA broke their own protocols by allowing a close contact of a positive case to officiate last week when they should have been forced to isolate. Who are they to now punish anyone when the club has no fault? Their punishments should not stand now. If they try to ban any of our players the club should fight it all the way.

Hypocrisy and double standards, the SFA way.

I take it our players are currently self isolating? As far as I am aware they haven't been charged so would be available after isolation period? Which would be tomorrow?

only 49 mentally challengeds went and possibly anyone of them should face punishment however where's the sheep and hibs in this?

If 7+ game bans had been handed out after the incident to those who broke protocols there's a chance hibs/sheep could challenge for 2nd, why dont they seem to care?

Internal punishment. SPFL won’t want to touch it with a barge pole as it will drag up the Dubai questions again.

It is what happened when they got there that matters. They are guilty of multiple breaches in Dubai. The photos and videos prove it.

Problem for us is the press. They set the agenda and have diverted attention away from Dubai by emphasising they were given permission. No mention of the breaches.

Now for Rangers. Headlines and calls for sanctions. Maybe even mention a "red card" for Scottish football.

Problem for us is the press. They set the agenda and have diverted attention away from Dubai by emphasising they were given permission. No mention of the breaches.

Now for Rangers. Headlines and calls for sanctions. Maybe even mention a "red card" for Scottish football.
There won’t be any red card for football.
Scotland are due to play England FFS.
SNP stopping that? NOPE

Also who is investigating the SFA after the ref was allowed to officiate at weekend after his colleague tested positive last Wednesday for Covid yet he still took charge of Hibs v Hamilton

That’s unreal

I wish Rangers would tell the SFA to phuck off

Who is taking the hit at the SFA ?

The linesman ?

Head of referees ?

Maxwell?

This is their 3rd or 4th high profile breach

Also multiple breaches in Dubai whic has been ignored

Farce as usual from SFA.

I think the SFA dohave a clue what to do. When the news of the 5 first broke I'm sure I recall some suggestion that we were in discussions with the SFA & government about it. I'm hoping in discussions with the SFA we just dropped the Dubai bomb.
Maybe wishful thinking but it does seem quite an inordinate time for no comment to come from the SFA.
The fact that they've also now messed up puts them in an even trickier position.

TLB’s “ it was incredible that we only got 2 positive cases “ should have done for them.

I’m cool with Rangers accepting reasonable sanctions, however, IF we don’t publicly address the glaring double standards, we become part of the problem

Their get out will be they had permission to go. Nothing will happen to them.
They were allowed to go.
However, no one said as soon as you land in Dubai life turns back to normal and you can get down to the bar as if the virus has been left behind.
However, that is just what they did, and guess what?
Yes, that's right they had players go down with Covid.

Until the SFA punish these Filth players involved they are stymied from punishing others.
Our club knows this and will be waiting with lawyers briefed and ready to pounce.

That said, the club will deliver its own punishment because we were the potential victims in this breech.

They were allowed to go.
However, no one said as soon as you land in Dubai life turns back to normal and you can get down to the bar as if the virus has been left behind.
However, that is just what they did, and guess what?
Yes, that's right they had players go down with Covid.

Until the SFA punish these Filth players involved they are stymied from punishing others.
Our club knows this and will be waiting with lawyers briefed and ready to pounce.

That said, the club will deliver its own punishment because we were the potential victims in this breech.

It’s like getting done for drunk driving and using having a valid driving driving licence in mitigation

I am starting to think they will do nothing about the Hyndland 5. Mainly because the have done nothing about the Dubai Disgrace. It is 11 or 12 days since the incident, surely they would have issued the notice of complaint by now? Even by the standards of the SFA it beggars belief that 5 players would be punished for meeting each other in private while half a team can drink pool-side or in a public bar and go unpunished.

TLB’s “ it was incredible that we only got 2 positive cases “ should have done for them.

I’m cool with Rangers accepting reasonable sanctions, however, IF we don’t publicly address the glaring double standards, we become part of the problem
We released a statement on Jones and Edmundsons suspensions saying we accept them and acknowledge this is the standard.

Only it isn't the standard as the filth have shown yet again.
I'm fine with Rangers disciplining the players concerned.
As far as the SFA go, they should face no further punishment.

Lack of Dubai investigation makes it very hard for them to pursue the 5 in my opinion. They had pictures of their Captain and Manager in clear breach of social distancing rules and the communal area aspect of the rules for the teams. That’s without looking at any other breaches - Duffy on the plane, the COVID outbreak etc
I was thinking the exact same, maybe what’s holding up the Rangers 5 punishment is that Rangers won’t except it unless there’s punishment for Dubai

I take it that Hibs TV/ Hibs have been sanctioned for Irvine Welsh’s abhorrent comments about Alfie? I must have missed it, just checking....

only 49 mentally challengeds went and possibly anyone of them should face punishment however where's the sheep and hibs in this?

If 7+ game bans had been handed out after the incident to those who broke protocols there's a chance hibs/sheep could challenge for 2nd, why dont they seem to care?
Indeed.

It's quite amazing that neither of those two clubs (especially imo Hibs) have tried to push the SFA into dishing out at least 7 game bans.

If a significant number of CFC players were banned for that stretch then the run-in for the second spot could be helluva close.

That neither Hibs nor Aberdeen have any inclination to use existing deeds and punishments as a measure of what should be getting done, not only for fairness but certainly for the benefit of their own clubs, is astounding.

Then again, neither club has in the recent past really been at the forefront of standing up against CFC and their pals at the SFA & SPFL.

You'd think that their fans though would be voicing concerns.
I think it's fair to state that if it had been CFC in that situation (a fairly close third, with good money as a reward for second place), they'd already have a team of lawyers and a pack of jhournos on the case.

They sent a linesman out to work who should have been isolating. They apologised and it’s done with.

They’d have a fucking cheek to dish out severe punishments to our players.

I take it our players are currently self isolating? As far as I am aware they haven't been charged so would be available after isolation period? Which would be tomorrow?
They've not had full training. Only Patterson for me has a chance to redeem himself... the rest will be off I think

I know our players deserve what’s coming to them but surely the Dubai debacle has to see some punishments dished out first.
They absolutely don't deserve what's coming to them. The punishment had been deliberately held back as to not incorporate the only ge where they were missing anyway due to isolating. Also whatever is coming to them will be made up on a whim.

Back