Will Rangers respond to wee nickys plea?

Gazrfc

Noted how the club have just absolutley shunned her "plea" and continued to post about the team winning 55 - absolutley brilliant, the silence is golden.

However, will we respond to this? The club now have 3 options:

1 - Make a statement, heeding the advice and telling the fans to please stay home

2 - Make a statement, going against the advice and more or less refuse to do what she's asked us to do

3 - Continue to be silent on the matter

What do you all reckon the clubs next step will be on this?

Noted how the club have just absolutley shunned her "plea" and continued to post about the team winning 55 - absolutley brilliant, the silence is golden.

1 - Make a statement, heeding the advice and telling the fans to please stay home

2 - Make a statement, going against the advice and more or less refuse to do what she's asked us to do

Go with 3. Don't get involved.

For the sake of good PR I would have liked the club to have got ahead of this and reminded fans to observe the current COVID rules.

I wouldn’t have expected anyone at the club to have thought that would make a difference, but for the sake of appearances it might have been worth doing.

To reiterate I’m not having a go at the club or the people who were out celebrating, just think it might have been worth us “playing the game” for the sake of PR.

There’s nothing the club can do or say, it’s nothing to do them.

Plus, do people really think a statement/tweet from the club last night would’ve meant everyone would’ve gone ‘aw okay then’ and gone home?

Of course not.

For the sake of good PR I would have liked the club to have got ahead of this and reminded fans to observe the current COVID rules.

I wouldn’t have expected anyone at the club to have thought that would make a difference, but for the sake of appearances it might have been worth doing.

To reiterate I’m not having a go at the club or the people who were out celebrating, just think it might have been worth us “playing the game” for the sake of PR.
The club already did, they asked for a doorstep celebration.

I see UEFA have responded to the scot govs comments by basically saying we dont give a f**k lol they are commited to host the games in the 12 countries

It was only on Twitter, not an official request. So just ignore and continue to be smug.

No doubt the press will be contacting the club 300 times for comment and Gerrard will get asked several times about it at his presser for Thursdays game so will have to say something, but it can be the usual wishy washy response, ie treat them with utter contempt while still appearing to remain professional.

I was tempted to start a similar thread but was worried about the backlash. Good on you for not giving a toss!

I think we should say something, especially about us getting tweeted directly from her. I didn't see her tweeting Celtic or St. Johnstone directly to do something about their fans. And for fairness, I will actually separate BLM & Indy gatherings because they're not football related.

She set the precedent with all other gatherings that have happened. People will have seen that the threats are empty and the police will not do anything. If I was 10 years younger, I would've been there. There was nothing to deter anyone. It's her own fault for failing to do anything about the previous incidents.

Edit: And there's nothing the club could've done anyway. So, not worthwhile even contacting Rangers.

Gerrard said prior to Saturday, that while he understood the feelings of the fans, they should refrain from gathering.

What else is he supposed to do?

Like everything else in this cesspit, where is the consistency in reporting or commenting on the weekend's events with previous gatherings? That's the bigger issue and concern.

Personally, for what it's worth, I wouldn't condone the gatherings. However, if I was 19/20 yrs old, I'd be right in the middle of them.

I would say be silent ...just like the Scottish Government are on the CSA scandal at the piggery

Consult the SFA handbook regarding the first ministers Covid breach statement and follow past protocol.

Treat her with the same contempt she treats us
Said as much to my wee maw. She couldn't understand why nippy was so raging, I said "thousands of people all over Scotland partying flying union flags, making worldwide news. That's her absolute worst nightmare."

Wait til we win the Europa league, the bears will bring the whole of Glasgow to a standstill, not just George square

We were playing a recording over the tannoy at the stadium telling fans to go home. We did what the supreme leader asked.

When our media team can locate the thread, we will follow the lead of Celtic in response to her tweet about their fans gathering in numbers!

tenor.gif

^^ Should be the appropriate response to the rancid little boot.

Which of the SNP's 'double standard' are the club to adhere to?

That said, I hope all those who drive at the club do have insurance.
Sometimes you really have to ignore the Scottish government's mixed messages. ;)

With pretty much any negative press nowadays the best approach is to just say nothing, feeding the longevity of the story by reacting to it is what they want.

The public and the media move on to the next person or organisation they want to smear very quickly and it's forgotten about.

Back