Will there be a change of venue for the Scottish Cup tie v Annan Athletic?

Only possibility could be safety concerns with the large travelling support, there will be fans trying to get in with no ticket or fake tickets going about like there was at Fraserburgh a few seasons back
Behave, there won’t be any safety concerns with fans trying to break in

Real men want cup games to go ahead at their original grounds. Well established fact.

Change your avatar. You using it is an insult.
What are you going on about you loonball?
It's a perfectly logical question. Games have been moved in the past due to the access or safety of the host ground. I've not said anything about hoping it does or doesn't get moved. Keith opted to move a match to Aberdeen I remember.

It's a great day for the club and a great day for the town. Lots of local businesses benefit ,pubs,bakers,chippies,bookies etc with unprecedented footfall. If it were to be relocated to say Palmerston in Dumfries,then all that trade would go there. If the match is one of the Live ties broadcast then Annan will be financially sorted for a good while. I was at the last game,think it was January 2013 ,and the town was bouncing. The ground itself is way too flat. For any decent view you've either got to be right at the front of the standing zones or in the stand.

Understand why the rule is in place, and im all for the romance of the cup, but it would have been some boost to Annan if they'd taken that to Killie or somewhere and got half the gate of 15,000 paying 30 odd quid a pop plus tv money. Actually surprised that rule is in place cos the smaller clubs lose out on serious money when they get the lucky draw and the bigger club would probably rather go to a better ground ( although maybe rugby park is a poor example given the pitch).

Wonder what the difference will be between what Stirling Albion got for playing us at Ibrox compared to Annan playing us at Galabank

What are you going on about you loonball?
It's a perfectly logical question. Games have been moved in the past due to the access or safety of the host ground. I've not said anything about hoping it does or doesn't get moved. Keith opted to move a match to Aberdeen I remember.
ICT at tannadice as well.

I think it’s the integrity of the competition to play ties as drawn, changing it for money just renders the game something of a fake.

Ultimately if a club is incapable of handling a tie then they probably shouldn’t be involved from the beginning.

Their 'stadium' only holds 2,500.
It would surely make sense to move to a bigger ground?
This doesn't seem to happen anymore in the cup.
20+ years ago you'd never get us palying at Annan or Hearrs at Auchinleck in the cup, would always be switched ti make them more money.

We play Dortmund away on Thursday 17th so you’d like to think we’ll avoid the Monday game. Ideally Saturday if not then Sunday.

Premier Sports have the first 2 picks and then BBC get 2, is that correct ?

PS will take our game and them, hopefully we don't get the Sunday afternoon slot.

Premier Sports have the first 2 picks and then BBC get 2, is that correct ?

PS will take our game and them, hopefully we don't get the Sunday afternoon slot.
Yes Premier Sports have 1st 2 picks and it us and their games that are selected unless both meet

BBC also have 2 games

All for the romance of the cup but not when it gets played on a shitty plastic surface.
Get it moved.

Back