Will there be a decision this week?

How would that make us look.? We go on about their obsession with the title but we are threatening legal action as thousands are dying. F##k the title.
Im with you, I think. I hate that we always take the high road. Anywhere else in the world it would be recognized. I think if they give then the title we should put out a statement speaking to how disgusting it had been whilst people die there are those obsessed (including the SPFL) with a9 th title. Take it if it means that much. It means nothing from an integrity stand point but you gho and celebrate whilst those around you die

An injunction is the very definition, stop something happening, not sure if it can be used in league titles though :))

I know that, but as mentioned, could we actually do this to something that actually hasn’t happened.

Like the examples of footballers having affairs or politicians up to no good, they have already done the deed and apply for injunctions to stop it being reported.

The filth haven’t won the league and haven’t been awarded it either.

Notwithstanding the fact that you cannot petition for an injunction in Scots Law (the correct remedy is one of interdict), I very much doubt that such an application would meet the standards for urgent applications only at this time.

No.

But the decision is irrelevant - the poets get the league, or we play to a finish.

Either way, the 'decision' is definitely not worth stressing over.

It is, what it is.

No.

Uefa will not allow it.

They want the season completed.

When it becomes apparent that this is no longer viable or possible without disrupting next season - they will invite FA's to get together and declare this season null and void and divide all winnings equally or proportionately. With euro qualification based on last season. Teams currently still in either European tournament will not be required to go through qualification rounds.

Next season we will both be going for one in a row!
Best and most sensible outcome surely most of the FA's will see sense by that point and realise that trying to continue this season by that point will just snowball and create issues for the following season

Would imagine that the devision’s been made, wouldnt out it past them to be waiting for an opportune moment ( maybe a heavy news day ) to give CeItic an unearned League title and the potential millions that will go with it.

I'd refine it a bit more so that the prize money within each league is split equally amongst the teams in that specific league, not the entire 42 club structure. So Premiership money gets split 12 ways. Championship money gets split 10 ways etc.

There only is one league though, the Scottish Professional Football League. It consists of 42 teams.

The prize money (one pot) is split between those teams with the top club getting 13.4% and the bottom getting 0.18%.

This is different from the old structure which had two leagues. The SPL (12 teams) and the SFL (30 Teams).

If you want an even split across the league every club gets a share of £25m, or roughly £600,000.

I would be stunned if the club were considering such a move. Based on the current places it would mean losing about £1.8m. It would also mean the bottom club getting about £600k rather than about £45k. Why would Rangers want to spend good money on trying to make that happen.
Sorry but the club simply cannot afford such grandiose gestures at a time like this.

There only is one league though, the Scottish Professional Football League. It consists of 42 teams.

The prize money (one pot) is split between those teams with the top club getting 13.4% and the bottom getting 0.18%.

This is different from the old structure which had two leagues. The SPL (12 teams) and the SFL (30 Teams).

If you want an even split across the league every club gets a share of £25m, or roughly £600,000.

I know our league structure mate.:)

Even Dumbcaster could figure out we paid £x million to Premiership clubs last season so lets take that amount this season and divide it by 12, then move onto the Championship though. Its not rocket science. Yes, the clubs at the top of each division would suffer slightly and those at the bottom benefit slightly in all but the Premiership - where Rangers and the Dhims would take a big hit but everyone else would see a significant increase on what they would reasonably have expected.

Put it this way, getting that voted through would prove much easier than the contentious issue of titles, promotions and relegation. It would, of course, need at least 1 of the Old Firm to support it in order to get the 11-1 vote at Premiership level it would probably require.

Did you not read, the "honorable" paedo ridden club now wish to complete the season.

Yet another sweep sweep of pathetic actions by a club, and tim journos to boot, and they are now taking the moral high ground.

Out of all this we are the bad guys :))

Honestly wish every club (except Rangers) in this country dies and we can just leave.

Not at all fussed about how the league pans out as there are more important things to deal with.

There are only 2 teams who can win the league so the season should be cancelled and the league should be shared.

Even Dumbcaster could figure out we paid £x million to Premiership clubs last season so lets take that amount this season and divide it by 12, then move onto the Championship though. Its not rocket science. Yes, the clubs at the top of each division would suffer slightly and those at the bottom benefit slightly in all but the Premiership - where Rangers and the Dhims would take a big hit but everyone else would see a significant increase on what they would reasonably have expected.

Put it this way, getting that voted through would prove much easier than the contentious issue of titles, promotions and relegation. It would, of course, need at least 1 of the Old Firm to support it in order to get the 11-1 vote at Premiership level it would probably require.

I'm sorry but that position is untenable. There is one pot of money and if it is to be split evenly then it is to be split evenly.

With regards voting it through, it's one league so 42 votes, not 12.

All 30 teams below the Premiership would be better off with the even split, every one of them. So why would they agree.

No.

But the decision is irrelevant - the poets get the league, or we play to a finish.

Either way, the 'decision' is definitely not worth stressing over.

It is, what it is.

If we manage to play to a finish and they win the league then fair enough but if we can't play to a finish I don't see why we should just accept that they 'get the league'?

What if this happened in Jan when we were behind only because we've played a game less, would we accept them just getting the league?

I'm sorry but that position is untenable. There is one pot of money and if it is to be split evenly then it is to be split evenly.

With regards voting it through, it's one league so 42 votes, not 12.

All 30 teams below the Premiership would be better off with the even split, every one of them. So why would they agree.

Have your read the SPFL Articles of Association? I assume this would require passing as a Qualified Resolution. Such a Resolution requires 90% approval from Premiership clubs (11-1), 75% approval from Championship clubs (8-2) and 75% approval from the combined League 1 and League 2 clubs (15-5).

I think you are taking the 'one league' thing too literally. They are all far from equal. As the voting rules show.

Way to settle it should be an old firm game with the classic next goal is the winner. We should bring the ball though cos if we don't play we'll we can just say its dinner time

Have your read the SPFL Articles of Association? I assume this would require passing as a Qualified Resolution. Such a Resolution requires 90% approval from Premiership clubs (11-1), 75% approval from Championship clubs (8-2) and 75% approval from the combined League 1 and League 2 clubs (15-5).

I think you are taking the 'one league' thing too literally. They are all far from equal. As the voting rules show.

If you look at how the prize money is split it is not done by division, then position within that division. Which is what you are suggesting. It is done as a percentage of the pot, based on the clubs position within the 42.

From the SFA

"The £25 million league prize money is distributed according to the percentages set out below and is based on overall league standing at the end of the season. "

If you look at how the prize money is split it is not done by division, then position within that division. Which is what you are suggesting. It is done as a percentage of the pot, based on the clubs position within the 42.

From the SFA

"The £25 million league prize money is distributed according to the percentages set out below and is based on overall league standing at the end of the season. "

Yup, I know how the prize money is currently distributed. It doesn't mean that's how it HAS to be distributed. That's the whole point.

Taking what I've suggested, and bearing in mind the voting rules/percentages. The lower league clubs would have the option of voting for a formula that would see the majority of the teams in each of the lower leagues benefit. Some, at the top, would lose out by small amounts. Alternatively, they could propose splitting £25m or so equally between 42 clubs. They'd get huge sums of money over what they usually get - but such a proposal would be scuppered by the voting in the Premier League, because every club in the Premier League would take a hit. It would never go through because of the 90% rule. So, they would have a choice - vote for something that sees 80%+ of you get more money or vote for something that's never going to happen. Not really a choice, is it? The clubs hardest hit would be us and them.

No decision can be made until the original dates of the final games in league and cup have been and gone, without any resolution in either competition. Any conjecture beforehand is howling at the moon. They can discuss a number of scenarios in the meantime, however if UEFA have made it clear that 'null and void' is currently not an option and all leagues should be played to completion to qualify for Europe, then that leaves very little wiggle-room. This season will be played to a conclusion, and when that is done plans for the next two or three seasons can be scheduled.

I know that, but as mentioned, could we actually do this to something that actually hasn’t happened.

Like the examples of footballers having affairs or politicians up to no good, they have already done the deed and apply for injunctions to stop it being reported.

The filth haven’t won the league and haven’t been awarded it either.
The injuction isn’t on the deed though, it’s on the reporting which might not happen anyway, I guess.

I would imagine the club(s) have a rough idea what is happening either way.

Yup, I know how the prize money is currently distributed. It doesn't mean that's how it HAS to be distributed. That's the whole point.

Taking what I've suggested, and bearing in mind the voting rules/percentages. The lower league clubs would have the option of voting for a formula that would see the majority of the teams in each of the lower leagues benefit. Some, at the top, would lose out by small amounts. Alternatively, they could propose splitting £25m or so equally between 42 clubs. They'd get huge sums of money over what they usually get - but such a proposal would be scuppered by the voting in the Premier League, because every club in the Premier League would take a hit. It would never go through because of the 90% rule. So, they would have a choice - vote for something that sees 80%+ of you get more money or vote for something that's never going to happen. Not really a choice, is it?

I disagree.

There is a system in place and that should not be arbitrarily change during the season. If it is, the only acceptable change would be to say that the league was not completed and the money is split between everyone in it.

Personally I think the only way to do it is by current positions.

I'm not sure how the 80%+ getting more money works. That sounds wrong intuitively but I have't actually worked it out. It would really depend on how the split had been worked out and the differential between the positions.

Aren't the courts closed anyway?
This is the type of action that could easily be dealt with by electronic filing of documents and any hearing by video link.
The civil courts have a lot of proceedings like that already to take submissions from people outside of the territory.

I disagree.

There is a system in place and that should not be arbitrarily change during the season. If it is, the only acceptable change would be to say that the league was not completed and the money is split between everyone in it.

Personally I think the only way to do it is by current positions.

I'm not sure how the 80%+ getting more money works. That sounds wrong intuitively but I have't actually worked it out. It would really depend on how the split had been worked out and the differential between the positions.

Apologies - I over-egged massively when I looked closer at the numbers. I'm ashamed.:oops:

This is from a wee while ago but you get the drift. Across all 4 divisions what I've proposed (split within leagues) would see 16 clubs (4 Prem, 4 Champ, 3 Lge 1 and 5 Lge 2) lose and 26 benefit. Nowhere near as conclusive as I suggested. The biggest losers, by a significant margin, would be top 3 in the Premier League - where the Dhims would lose circa £1.5m, ourselves circa £600k and Motherwell £300k. The 'losers' elsewhere are significantly lower sums.

Splitting it 42 ways would see 13 clubs lose and 29 gain, so slightly better. However the losses - to every one of the Premier League clubs would be massive. For the Dhims circa £2.75m, for us almost £2m and even for Hearts at the bottom more than £600k. Based on those old figures that is. It quite simply wouldn't get voted through.

Notwithstanding the fact that you cannot petition for an injunction in Scots Law (the correct remedy is one of interdict), I very much doubt that such an application would meet the standards for urgent applications only at this time.
It would be urgent because the injustice would be immediate.

You’ve got to have some understanding of how the shame operate, you need to know how to deal with them and to avoid getting shafted you MUST be prepared to act when the situation demands it. If they are given a title they didn’t win mathematically I expect to see a major reaction from our club and support and if we don’t oppose it vigorously, it’s time to Jack it all in and accept defeat.

I don't think the SPFL can say anything until the League programme officially ends on May 17th. They can issue an statement claiming an extension to the season, but clubs are not legally obligated to play or compete.

No.

Uefa will not allow it.

They want the season completed.

When it becomes apparent that this is no longer viable or possible without disrupting next season - they will invite FA's to get together and declare this season null and void and divide all winnings equally or proportionately. With euro qualification based on last season. Teams currently still in either European tournament will not be required to go through qualification rounds.

Next season we will both be going for one in a row!
This is one of the more reasonable prospective scenarios.
The issue with those involved in the decision making is that they start with their preferred option and work backwards.
The major issue with this is that no one will define a point on time when it becomes impossible to avoid seriously impacting the next season. All measures should be taken to avoid 2 disrupted seasons.
IMO(which is no more valid than any other eejit on here) they should define a deadline that allows the next season to take place as normal. If this current season cannot be completed by then, a null and void (is there another realistic decision)should be implemented. The next season then can commence as soon as safely possible, and measures taken to ensure that it is completed fully on time.

This is a terrible and tragic time for most countries in the world, the behaviour of football's authorities is obscene, but hardly unexpected
Football is intent on taking all decisions to minimise any adverse financial consequences for themselves. They do not have the least concern for the social impact it has on players and society at large. I sincerely hope they are held to account for their shameful behaviour, in due course.

. I sincerely hope they are held to account for their shameful behaviour, in due course.

Completely agree. We need to ensure that the crass mercenary behaviour of the authorities is highlighted. Name and shame each individual or and association.

ET5-Qi-7-Xs-Akg-TCT.jpg

'President Aleksander Ceferin has warned the SPFL that Uefa don't want to discover through the media that Celtic have been declared champions. ' SUN

I think that particular boat has sailed.

Was it common knowledge that there was going to be a vote on Friday?

As I posted there were a few cel’ic twitter accounts confident Friday would be significant.

They obviously won’t be given the title on Friday but they’re confident it’s going to go their way, it’s a complete stitch up.

I’ve seen a few cel’ic twitter accounts saying they’ll be ‘crowned’ champions on Friday.

Does anyone know if there’s any truth in that? Also if true does anyone know what Rangers plan to do about it, and how serious we are when we talk about legal action?

First off let me state a certain amount of sympathy for the authorities as this is a shitshow that isn’t (for once) their doing but in no way can you just award based on places as they are.

There are too many games left to play, our form in 2020 shows how quickly things can change. What would happen if they were 1 point ahead but we had a game in hand, who wins it there?!

It has to be declared null and void as no one has won it, I’d be honest and say that’d be harsh on them but nothing is won until it’s mathematically impossible for a team to be caught.

I’ve seen a few cel’ic twitter accounts saying they’ll be ‘crowned’ champions on Friday.

Does anyone know if there’s any truth in that? Also if true does anyone know what Rangers plan to do about it, and how serious we are when we talk about legal action?

First off let me state a certain amount of sympathy for the authorities as this is a shitshow that isn’t (for once) their doing but in no way can you just award based on places as they are.

There are too many games left to play, our form in 2020 shows how quickly things can change. What would happen if they were 1 point ahead but we had a game in hand, who wins it there?!

It has to be declared null and void as no one has won it, I’d be honest and say that’d be harsh on them but nothing is won until it’s mathematically impossible for a team to be caught.
not from me

spineless corrupt bigoted bastards

Sorry to bump my own thread but this has really been bugging me, cel'ic twitter accounts on the 6th of April saying 'keep calm celts, we'll be champions on Friday', obviously that didn't happen but it's looking like it might happen soon.

There is no danger that this was just a punt, they obviously had inside information. Who would guess they'd have a meeting/vote arranged for Easter Friday? Cel'ic have had the inside track on this because they have initiated it.

I'm old school when it comes to the league, everything comes 2nd to it. In 2008 I didn't get behind the UEFA run until Novo's pen went in because it'd hinder out league chances but in this case I think regime change is probably more important than if they get the league or not.

What happens if the scum are given the league this season,and the league starts up as normal and there is another lockdown?
Say in September and 4/5 games have been played and someone like Motherwell are top of the table. Would that mean Motherwell would be crowned champions?

Back