Will there be a FF App

Basically the same forum but just better formatted than opening it on safari would be fine to be honest...

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between having an App and just adding the icon to your homescreen?

It doesn't need its own app but could be added to existing forum apps already out there.

There's a good few football forums already compatible.

Wot would you like on it?
Previous and future Fixtures, historical league positional data, internal player award winners by year, a store section so we can buy and sell rangers related items, a massive gallery of our very best accomplishments as a club and as fans to date, goal of the week, a this date in history section, a podcast section with a FF podcast and other rangers fan podcasts, bluenose bars listings.

Historical game highlights.

Basically a one stop shop for the bears.

That for starters.

Excuse my ignorance but what's the difference between having an App and just adding the icon to your homescreen?

Not much really as far I'd be aware. I do the same and have done it with other things such as skybet as the app always requires location settings to be turned on whereas the icon to home screen doesn't.

An app would be excellent Mark, the points by CupidStunt are a blueprint

Could be an opportunity for all sorts of contributors to have blogs with the app, match reports from fan perspective, interactive games perhaps with a fantasy team type game. Possibilities are endless mate.

Could be an opportunity for all sorts of contributors to have blogs with the app, match reports from fan perspective, interactive games perhaps with a fantasy team type game. Possibilities are endless mate.

I'd deffo be up for contributing.

Match reports from a fans perspective?
You haven't thought this through have you?:eek:
Check out the match threads!!

Match reports from a fans perspective?
You haven't thought this through have you?:eek:
Check out the match threads!!
No mate, post match analysis, not infighting and off the cuff comments

There's mileage in an app IMO

An app would be ideal, just access to the forum through it, simple enough that allows us to read and post as normal and access messages. Id definitely download and use it

An app would be good. Although easy access to FF on smartphone the app as per CupidStunts suggestions would be welcomed

I agree with this ... makes no difference
They're two different things.

There's very little value in putting this forum in an app wrapper and publishing it.

There's quite a lot of value in creating a new app with tons of `rangers related content in it :)

They're two different things.

There's very little value in putting this forum in an app wrapper and publishing it.

There's quite a lot of value in creating a new app with tons of `rangers related content in it :)
Ok mate ... got you now

If possible, a selection of themes would probably go a long way to making the mobile experience better (and also make it less obvious that I'm on FF while at work).

Still with that said, it's currently much faster and not overrun with ads which was my main gripe with the last platform so I see it as an improvement so far.

I wouldn't really need an app to be honest, FF is pretty much the only thing on my browser anyway so as soon as I click it FF pops up

was thinking about this last night and wondered myself, an app for FF would be cool, would happily pay a few quid for it

Back