Will there be a tribute tomorrow night?

Midfield General

APOLOGIES if there is a thread on this already.Has any form of tribute to Fernandos passing been arranged for tomorrow night.
I would hope the Club will give some direction here as it has the potential to turn into a shambles.
As reported elsewhere the Feynoord fans plan to sing YNWA as their tribute and I am concerned a lot of our fans will think this is a wind up.
Would it be possible for them to sing it before kick of and we follow that with a minutes applause?
to be honest i would happily sing it as well but I don't think a lot of our fans would.

Cant believe we had to ask UEFA permission if we could have a minutes silence i utterly despise UEFA its like its ma baw and you need to do what ah say

Common procedure otherwise it would be a free for all on things like this

same applies domestic as well

I understand people have deeply held views on this.I would consult his family to see what kind of tribute they think Fernando would have liked.Given the type of character he was I think he would like Ibrox to be rocking rather than mournful.

APOLOGIES if there is a thread on this already.Has any form of tribute to Fernandos passing been arranged for tomorrow night.
I would hope the Club will give some direction here as it has the potential to turn into a shambles.
As reported elsewhere the Feynoord fans plan to sing YNWA as their tribute and I am concerned a lot of our fans will think this is a wind up.
Would it be possible for them to sing it before kick of and we follow that with a minutes applause?
to be honest i would happily sing it as well but I don't think a lot of our fans would.
How appropriate that it's a Dutch team we're playing against. No doubt they'll obsreve it.

Can we not have a minutes silence at the start but also sing his name throughout the game? is that not allowed? his courage might give our players a second wind when they need it. He would have loved that

A minutes applause?
Rangers Football Club don't do this

Was listening to Alex rae tonight and watched interviews with barry ferguaon n kriss boyd and mols... fernando loved his fireworks... no pyro no party fernando.....
Please dont attack me people im trying to lighten the mood a bit by remembering FR funny stunts

I understand people have deeply held views on this.I would consult his family to see what kind of tribute they think Fernando would have liked.Given the type of character he was I think he would like Ibrox to be rocking rather than mournful.
This isnt meant to sound crass and forgive me if it does. We should not be consulting anyone. This is Rangers tribute to Fernando. Our tribute always has and hopefully always will be a minutes silence.

As ever, I imagine the family might be consulted and whatever they request should be done.

The timing of Fernandos passing couldn't have been any more poignant. On the same week we play a Dutch club in Europe one of our highly decorated Dutch Treble winning legends passes on to Blue Heaven. Our very own Blue Warrior, what a fight you put up to this most horrible of killers.

God Bless You Fernando.

Legends Are Immortal.

I am sure it was confirmed on the news last night it was a minute silence.

Would love to see everyone wearing orange tonight.

It's going to be emotional that's for sure.

Back