Will Thursday be affected

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it'll help.
Huge amount of previous pressure blown off over the weekend.
Can play the rest of the season with relative ease.
Hope the players go out and express themselves!

They have 4 days of training and recovery. It will have a small negligible affect at best. If the game was Tuesday it would probably be a different story.

Gerrard to follow up dial a booze with a fresh shipment of they Liverpool performance enhancing drugs to get everyone sobered and back up to speed .

Not a negative thread or that I think the players had every right to celebrate 55 this weekend. It’s been a 10 year journey but just wondering if people think it could have any effect on our prep for Thursday . Apologies if there’s already been a thread.

my personal thoughts is I hope not but I don’t think it’s something that can just be dismissed

Aerobic and anaerobic fitness won't be affected by a couple of days off at this stage of the season.

They'll refuel and get the nutrition and hydration levels spot on over the next couple of days.

They'll be good to go.

Last edited by a moderator:
They won't have been rallying the booze, I think it just looks worse than it is.

Coupled with what I imagine wi be a footballers pretty low tolerance for reaching steaming stage then all in I would expect them all to be ok.

Time will tell, but right now if you tell me that we don't turn up on Thursday im going to find it hard to be raging at that.

As someone else said tho, if Gerrard has given them some leeway and some players took it too far then I am fairly certain the gaffer won't carry passengers on Thursday.

You're kidding. With the league won we can go further in Europe and there's a lot of money and coefficient points at stake. Let's do something extraordinary.
Tongue in cheek pal.
Just feel after winning 55 nothing really matters at the moment!

I fully expect us to get cuffed 2/3-0 on Thursday. How many times do you see newly crowned champions’ performance dip the game after they wrap up the title?

I also do not give a %^*&. 55 was absolutely pivotal this year and anything else was a bonus. The boys have fully earned the right to have a party over the weekend and anyone who disputes that is a clown.

I suspect some heavy duty sweat sessions will have been taking place at the Training Centre this morning to 'cleanse the system' and then they can get down to the tactical stuff tomorrow. Base fitness levels shouldn't be an issue at this stage of the season.
The fact that MU has liked :cool: this has put my mind at ease.

I’ve absolutely no idea and at this stage, couldn’t care less :)) I hope we win and go as far as we can in the EL but no result on Thursday night will change the fact we’ve done what we set out to this season and that was always my one and only goal. If we get pumped in this tie and go out in the last 16 I’ll certainly not be losing any sleep over it!

I have no idea if it will or won’t and don’t think anyone can say at this juncture definitively how it will affect us, but I’ll be honest and say if you offered me the chance to be in a position where we can either go from level footing or one behind next week I’d probably take it now all things considered.

That’s maybe just me fearing the worst in fairness but factoring in 2 days on the bevvy and the emotional high we’ll be coming down from, think most would probably take that if you offered them it right now. We’ll be firing on all cylinders by next Thursday, this Thursday I’m not so sure about :D

They are not robots, they simply had to be allowed to blow off some steam after the physical and emotional commitment they have made to this seasons main goal of winning the title.

They did it! So they had a couple of days to celebrate, further bond and yeah, get pissed with their team mates and management. Fantastic!

Going to go a bit against the grain here and say in the videos i saw a few of them looked totally rubber, well mullered :D but so what?

At their age, and in their physical condition, today might have been a bit fuzzy to start with but a good hard phys session, along with proper food and fluids and they will be fit and ready to go again both physically and mentally.

Love the idea of them playing without fear, the pressure having been removed and they enter the European arena free to play at their very best safe in the knowledge that the main criteria for success this year has been met.

They are now playing for the cherry.

Also, we cannot underestimate what this weekend has done for team spirit and morale.

These guys are now immortalised and will be a 'band of brothers' from here on in. If (and it's a big if - which I wouldn't expect), they were not prepared to run through brick walls for each other up till now they will surely do so from here on in.

These kind of weekends mould Champions. They will be fine. And even if not, I would have swapped it all for this team to win 55 they way they have. This has a far greater lasting impact for our Club.

55 and Counting.
Agree 100%, and yes physically it might have some effect, but they will be up for it.

I remember the stories of Gazza having a few whiskys before games. It could produce a positive effect, guys have let the hair down, tasted success and now thirsty for more!

Do you honestly think the mentality built in to the players will disappear because of a league title?

The result on Thursday will be dictated by the quality on the field not a few bottles of Becks on a Sunday afternoon.

I think the only one that looked to be really struggling was McGregor. Booze and age don't mix well. The rest should be young a fit enough to recover instantly as they are all top grade athletes.

Elite athletes by today will be ready to go again. Form wise in Europe we've achieved everything else now is a bonus. This will be a massive area again so on Thursday night it will be back to business. Let's go.

Smith’s first team would have won next to zilch if this was going to cause a problem.
In Scotland it was fine because all the other teams were on the piss as well, but see the European results during that period when our (beloved) boozebags came up against athletes.
Anyway, fair play, this season has been an absolute dream at home and in Europe so anything else we do from here on is a bonus.

The first and last ten minutes will tell us everything - they should be buzzing and hopefully they carry that into the game with a flying start, but we’ll see if anybody is cramping-up in the last ten minutes, although wasting a little time won’t necessarily hurt us. I reckon we’ll be fine

They deserved a wee party after what we and they have been through. Back to work and they will be fine. Being emotionally drained is perhaps the only issue but I'm sure they will re-focus and go again..

Keep believing.

6-EDDFDEC-9101-4-B51-838-F-26-CD97-EE69-DA.jpg

I’m sure we will be fine. Infact with how the whole sport science stuff is I wouldn’t be surprised if it was all planned out exactly so players are ready for Thursday.

I have so much belief in that we do as a club. Everything is planned out exactly.

Any ill effects from the celebrations will be out of their system after their first training session and it’ll be back to business as usual to prepare for Thursday. I can only see the weekend being a boost for the players, they’ll be buzzing. With the league done they’ll know they can chuck everything at the Europa and will be desperate to go further.

They are elite athletes probably been off the booze all season a few bevvies saturday and Sunday wont have an effect.

As for the high. They have just witnessed what winning the league is like they will be hungry for more.

We are 2/1 to win on thursday I'm all over that

They are finely tuned athletes, rest and rehydrate Monday, good to go again by Tuesday.

I can't wait for Thursday - absolutely no distractions for the next 10 days other than the Europa.

Get fired right into them.

As I said in other post. Most drink was spilled or shook out.

They didn't have 20 beers each or do vodka shots off a naked Gerrard.

A few beers, and emotion, while not having bodies that drink like us on here made them seem more drunk.

In my opinion.
You been having weird dreams :)

Unfortunately I think it will have an impact. Recovery would have been Monday, light training Tuesday, travel/training on Wed, match prep Thursday.

My only hope is that we are that well drilled that match prep is understood and agreed weeks in advance. Salvia aren’t mugs, and like ourselves have been fantastic defensively, we are so close, we can’t get complacent.

55 and stopping 9.75iar was the main objective.
Done
Anything else is candy.

Tinpot mentality.

The 55 is done and over - to be honest we skooshed it as we should of last season - we need a better challenge that only Europe can bring now.

Forget about the remaining OF games - next 2 Thursdays are the best of the rest of the season for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back