Will we beat livi and Killie ?

Will we beat Livingston and Kilmarnock?

• Yes

Votes: 747 95.0%
  • No

Votes: 39 5.0%

• Total voters
Thankfully our coaches will be focusing on liege then Livi and judging what changes can potentially be made. Gerrard seems to like guys like Barker and Jones for away euro games and I’m sure Ryan Jack will start Thurs.

The Killie game will follow a big tie v Poznan but good results will generate even more confidence. On grass I’d fancy us against anyone - the real leveller are these shite plastic pitches which mean that there tends to be very few chances crested so will need to be clinical - step up Cedric?

If we do it’s a huge statement. We’d be a minimum of seven points ahead if we did. I’ll be honest, I’m not confident of us winning both games. We’ve been in this situation many times over the past three years.
Me too. We always throw advantage away soon after getting it. Hopefully this time we capitalise

I am really unsure. This is this teams time to shine. If it really is our time we need to go on an 11/12 game winning run and really ramp up pressure. It’s one game at a time though and Liege on Thursday will be difficult

Shouldn’t even be a question in the players minds. We simply have to take 6 points and capitalise on the advantage we have created for ourselves

Up to end of November

We play
Livingston Home
Kilmarnock Away
Hamilton Home
Aberdeen Home

They Play
Aberdeen Away
Motherwell Away
Hibs Away

12 points is a must to be a minimum of 7 points ahead as puts pressure on them for their 2 games in hand
We should be targeting 5 wins from our next 5.

Kilmarnock with the crap pitch is the one “banana skin” but we should still be too good.

Yes, the players etc need to play one game at a time. But as fans we have every right to expect and demand 5 wins. That may really turn the screw on the hordes of Mordor.

Can’t wrap my head around 28 folk saying ‘no’ to this. You can’t see us beating Livingston at home and a Kilmarnock side who’s season has been severely hampered already by Covid? Really!?

Can’t wrap my head around 28 folk saying ‘no’ to this. You can’t see us beating Livingston at home and a Kilmarnock side who’s season has been severely hampered already by Covid? Really!?
Declan, Shane, Jhoe, Paddy etc

That’s your 28 lurkers

We have to. No excuses now. It is all about belief. We need to show our talent and mental strength.
However, the management have to be clever as the Europa League ties will take their toll on some tired legs.
We will need to rotate the squad but it is much bigger this season.
Looking forward to putting the thugs to the sword!!

Livingston at home should be a straight forward 3 points.

we have consistently struggled at rugby park over last few years.

winning there will be be a huge statement of intent and i may just allow myself to start believing.

Looking at our next block of league fixtures we have winnable games but killie away on that pitch will be hard

Every game is a must win we have to pile on the pressure the tims are starting to crack if we can keep wining put them under serious pressure I see them crumbling

I think we’ll get 6 points but think both will be more difficult than yesterday! That’s not saying much, let me rephrase it.

An OF, followed by a European match then a ‘routine’ home match that everyone one expects us to win will likely be a struggle, it’ll be tough mentally for the players to not be affected by the drop in opponents and occasions.

Killie away is a tough fixture but if we’re at it we should win comfortable.

I agree it does feel different. The team looks physically stronger now to deal with the likes of the literal Rugby Park techniques of Kilmarnock and the likes. There will still be a loss here and there this season no doubt, but there is just something about this team now that gives me the fizz.

1 game at a time.

We know how Livi will play so that will be a brutal watch the longer it takes for us to score.

Killie away be a real test and will give us an idea of the squads mentality.

Of course any win in these next games will do me we need to go on a run of wins.

The Killie game is the biggest in our set of six before the next break.

Europe takes care of itself, A win loss and draw in the three would be fine.

Livi and Hamilton should be simple home wins.

The fact we play Kilmarnock while they are playing the semi final is massive. Add in that Killie have been in decent form, have already drawn with Celtic there and most importantly our horrendous recent record at Rugby Park then it's a huge game.

We will and we have to, otherwise what was the point in embarrassing the tims in their own midden. The games v them I think we won't have too much difficulty, it's the consistency v the rest, and I think we've got it sorted it out this season. Yeah we've has 2 blips but I can't see us having many more or collapsing after Christmas. Not only have the starting 11 improved and got a mental toughness, we can see the squad is the best in the league and I believe Gerrard and his team have improved/got wiser and more experienced as well

We will steamroll livi.

Killie is massive, their game is postponed that weekend due to Scottish cup a real chance to open up more of a gap heaping more pressure on.

Killie game is massive
SG and the coaching team need to be drilling in to these players how important these games are. Treat them like EL games, "leave it all out on the park" etc

That Livi team is muck, still a frustration we dropped points there.

Watched the highlights from the game at the weekend there as it's both teams we face next. Quality was poor, especially from Livingston. McCrorie flapped a cross which led to a goal as well and palmed a shot right into their striker for the 1st. Not seen much of them but hope that was a one-off for him and their 2nd keeper is stinking.

We should be beating both teams. But our record at Killie is Played 4, Won 1, Drawn 1 and Lost 2.

It will be another improvement if we can win there both times this season. The league will be won on our record against the other lot. Confident we'll do the business. Plenty of head to heads we can improve.

We need to get the front 3 scoring (whoever they are,) or we will come up short again somewhere.

Two seasons on the trot we've collapsed at Rugby Park. Third time around we cannot let it happen.

Until then let's get a positive result in Belgium then take care of Livingston and Lech Poznan. A lot can happen before we go to Kilmarnock.

The day we fear going to Rugby park to play Kilmarnock , even on that pishy surface , is the day we should chuck it

0-3 The teddy bears
Have you not noticed our record against them on that plastic pitch?

They’ve also performed well against the mhanks on that pitch too.

Underestimating them and being over complacent is absolutely the worst way we can approach this game.

I think we will. In previous seasons, we have generally had either International or the mid season break to disrupt momentum after a big result & I think that will be the difference this time around.

Livi at home should be no question - easy win.

Killie on that disgrace of a pitch is a different matter - that lot have already dropped points there, and when Killie have actually been able to play they've been in decent form. Would be a real statement that we're not going to fall away this year if we came out with 2 wins and they fall even further behind

Plastic parks are always a bit of a leveller, but we have far better players than Kilmarnock and that should see us prevail.
I've no concerns whatsoever about us beating Livi.

Agreed, the combination of EL football and plastic pitches is indeed a leveller however I’d favour our chances of winning the combination of games we have as opposed to the combination celtc have.

we've take 29 from 33, I don’t see them taking the same points after getting pumped in France and Italy.

We show up well against the better teams because they come to play. The one thing we need to show consistency in is how to cope with those lesser teams who sit back and seek to frustrate Rangers. If we can do this, I think you'd have to be confident about our chances of winning the league.

Yes but not expecting a big scoreline. We are playing on Thursday first which will take a lot of energy/focus. We'll have a europa league come down. 1-0 in both games

Five potential subs desperate to come on and stake their claim if we’re struggling - that’s the difference. Having said that I’d rather be three up at HT and cruising!

I agree with you. It feels like we have options across the team and on the bench now that can change games. If Alfie, Kent, Arfield, Tav, and Barker can’t open them up, then Big Joe, Hagi, Itten, JJ, Defoe, Roofe might, and all have different ways of doing it. That is now the difference, so the key is, can we keep the black door shut so we only need to get lucky once?

Up to end of November

We play
Livingston Home
Kilmarnock Away
Hamilton Home
Aberdeen Home

They Play
Aberdeen Away
Motherwell Away
Hibs Away

12 points is a must to be a minimum of 7 points ahead as puts pressure on them for their 2 games in hand
Imagine three draws for the scum

that would be glorious

if they continue their slump it could be 2 defeats which is just as good

Given yesterday’s success and riding on that wave of positivity , can we be confident of sox points from our next two games ? It would be disastrous to win at the piggery and then quickly drop points .

We have struggled somewhat against both sides recently especially Kilmarnock where we lost last season .

For me we CAN do it , make no mistake the scum are watching and waiting for us to fall flat on our faces .

Poll to follow
If we do that's when I will start telling people I think we will win the league.

Back