Will we beat Ross County & Hibs?

Hopefully, although I suspect Hibs will be the tougher of the two. We need to come out strong and not give the opponents a goal start!

I'm confident we will beat Ross County, they seem to have had a bit of a lift from the new manager... But it's still ROSS COUNTY 3-0 Rangers.
Hibs lost 3-0 at home to livi recently. They were also fortunate to get a draw against a god awful celtic team... We are better than all of them.
0-2 Rangers.

enjoy the celebrations troops B-D

When we drew with Livi we bounced back with a 2-0 win over Killie and a 2-0 win over Accies. When we drew with Hibs we bounced back with a 4-0 win in Holland over Willen II and then a 5-1 win at Motherwell. When we lost to St Mirren we bounced back with a 3-1 win over Motherwell and a 3-0 win over St Johnstone.

We will be fine.

What do we reckon?

I'm confident we'll beat County, although I think we'll need to work for it with them doing well under Hughes.. won't be a walk over.

Hibs at Easter Rd is going to be tough, definitely not a game we can afford another slow start.. heres hoping Ryan Jack's fit and ready to go.
You should change the heading to ,We will beat Ross County & Hibs

Yes by starting in the games better if we have all our players back for easter road we can do it

Saturday can't come quick enough.

I want Fir Park out the system and back to winning ways.

Midweek at Easter Rd will be tough though.. in my opinion if we win both of these we'll break even the most optimistic of mentally challengeds.

Ross County we will win.. nice early goal with 15-20mins to settle everyone and 2up by HT and we are flying to a comfortable win.

Hibs will be tough but with them having a semi final I think a lot of the players will be worried about injuries/sending offs and may just think twice about tackles etc.

Ohhh what wouldn't I give for another Kent & Aribo goal within first 10mins and Porteous sent off again
The semi final is this saturday, so we play them after that. Should be a good thing in a way, as they should be emptying the tank to reach a final.

We're here to win the League. We'll take each game one at a time and win them both.
Cant see any other way of looking at it from here.
I'll deal with any other outcome as it comes.

Had a quick look at the Ross County highlights from the weekend and Aberdeen defended abysmally. Wouldn't like to think we'd allow them such opportunities but we can't be complacent.

They're fighting for their lives and will be encouraged under Yogi. Won't be easy but we've got to get on the front foot from the off and be ruthless in front of goal.

I’d take 4pts but to be honest we need 6pts, as soon as this league is wrapped up the better.

4 wins in 11 games suggests we can and should take the win v Hibs.

I’d take 4pts but to be honest we need 6pts, as soon as this league is wrapped up the better.

4 wins in 11 games suggests we can and should take the win v Hibs.
We will find out if the players want this league tittle as much as the manager does over the coarse of the next two games

Both big games. Hopefully RC will try and play, they'll be bouyant after skelping the sheep, potentially could be a good game. I think the Hibs game will take care of itself. Hopefully Jack can get some time against County and be fit for Hibs.

Yes, we know the prize is within our grasp, maintain the focus and lets wrap this title up asap
What do we reckon?

I'm confident we'll beat County, although I think we'll need to work for it with them doing well under Hughes.. won't be a walk over.

Hibs at Easter Rd is going to be tough, definitely not a game we can afford another slow start.. heres hoping Ryan Jack's fit and ready to go.

I've always thought that January would be a telling month.

The Motherwell result was disappointing but it did match the tramps result.

On paper Ross Co should be the easiest fixture of the month but we most definitely shouldn't treat it as such. They've picked up a bit.

I'm looking for two more wins but if we come out with 4 points then it will have been a good enough month given our fixtures. We will be in a decent position.

I would fully expect a relatively rested side to get past Ross County.

If we dropped points against Hibs, it wouldn't be that unexpected but I feel like we've actually got a decent record there over the past few years unless the evidence proves me wrong.

I fully expect Livingston to get a draw or win tomorrow for what that's worth too.

We should win our home games as that’s what champions do.

key for me is not loosing to Hibs because then it’s one of the tougher games left out the road where they could make up maximum points

I'm more worried about the County game than Hibs for some reason! I think if we can get back to winning ways right away we will then go on to beat Hibs.

We’ll labour past Ross County and then scud Hibs.

That’s my prediction.
County is the more difficult game, in the last four games they have beaten Aberdeen and Hibs, drew with StJohnstone, and lost to an in form Livingstone, they are a much improved side.

So long as the players give their all and work hard for each other, don't see any problems taking the 3 points, then onto next game.

County is the more difficult game, in the last four games they have beaten Aberdeen and Hibs, drew with StJohnstone, and lost to an in form Livingstone, they are a much improved side.

Yip, they thrashed the sheep whereas we only won 2-1 and could’ve blown it. Then we follow that up with a poor draw at Motherwell. We are getting loads of the ball but are doing nothing much with it and County and the hivs will be up for this so we need to be too.

I'm confident we will win both. Granted, our performances need to improve but we've seen a good response to our previous poor results and I expect the same this time round.

I would certainly feel better if we did. Now is not the time to drop silly points and in my view we have used up our quota for january. Another slip from us will give them hope and doubts will creep in about bottle again.
Hopefully sunday was a wake up call and we kick on and go on another good run.

Last edited:
Yip, they thrashed the sheep whereas we only won 2-1 and could’ve blown it. Then we follow that up with a poor draw at Motherwell. We are getting loads of the ball but are doing nothing much with it and County and the hivs will be up for this so we need to be too.
I listened to some of that game and for long spells thought it was only a matter of time until the Sheep equalised. It was a very flattering scoreline. I think County scored with 4 out of their 5 efforts on goal or something ridiculous.

Every game from now until (hopefully) the title is secured will be difficult. Every team raises there game against us and probably Celtic. The difference is, other teams don't fear Celtic, and it's doubtful the level of confidence and application over there. We are two defeats away from teams thinning we are floundering.

Yes, there may be occasions where we leather a team, but, we need to be on our toes every time. If somehow Motherwell had scored a second before halftime at the weekend, we were in trouble. We must start better, and if we get our noses in front, put games out of sight.

Jack and Roofe back soon. Arfield maybe for the run in. And no COVID problems, we should be fine.

I think that we can win both but the players need to get it in their heads that these opposition teams want to win and derail our potential league victory. They will be hard games but winnable imo.

I don’t like 1-0’s they give me the fear.
Agree ,when you get to my age & have a heart condition, it's fvckin torture.
I thought as you get older you mellow a little ?
Bad news for the young team team it's worse.
I even had a wee look at the rotten mobs games recently & I get so nervous & shaky waiting on the final whistle.
Bag o nerves loyal

Saturday will be tough, hopefully start the way we finished at Motherwell.
Unlike most I think the scum will beat Lvingstone, hope to be wrong.

Agree ,when you get to my age & have a heart condition, it's fvckin torture.
I thought as you get older you mellow a little ?
Bad news for the young team team it's worse.
I even had a wee look at the rotten mobs games recently & I get so nervous & shaky waiting on the final whistle.
Bag o nerves loyal
Yep I’m totally the same. I even started to shaking watching livi holding for a 0-0.
I really f uckin detest the rhats. I was depressed we dropped 2 points against Motherwell.
I just want us to go out and destroy every cnt

Our recent slip had no consequences. We need to boost on from that and I have no doubt we will. Getting Roofe back is key for me. His movement and ability to finish with both foot and head have been a real miss. Jack too. If we take 6 pts it will be a boost to finish the month with same or greater points gap. It will be interesting to see how they respond to the carry on this week.

Ross County and Hibs set the tone for the rest of the season for me. Win both and we have a good chance of winning the title at or soon after the next old firm game. Drop points and it gives them encouragement and raises questions over our form. Massive games. Unbelievable pressure on that lot now though. Every game is walking a tightrope for them.

What do we reckon?

In a word. YES

We need to up our game for both as both teams will 100% be up for it.

Yogi & Jack are both good managers, RC has a new manager bounce and Hibs have signed some really decent players the past week.

Back