Will we ever see a female football manager?

Surely Phil Neville and the woman's team manage that? Don't think you'd need to be a member of Mensa to figure a work around for it.

They said during the England v Japan game that being a male he wasn’t allowed in the women’s changing room and he only got a few minutes with them at half time.

Tbh I think Shelly Kerr is a shocking manager. That Scotland team have some good players and she done absolutely nothing with them against a young/inexperienced Japan team & a chucked a 3 goal lead against poor Argentina team.

Seen she was nominated for Scottish Writer's Association manager of the year, but on the basis of her World Cup performance she is no better than a McGhee or a Stubbs.
Kerr is a coach rather than a manager and from what I gather is a very good one. However I was disappointed in her point blank refusal to acknowledge any criticism in her tactics for the first two games.

It's on the list to get wrecked by the 'progressive' types.
Exactly, they’re now demanding equality of outcome (ie same prize money as men, play alongside men, female managers in male football etc), despite the fact the equality of opportunity (to impress as much as our game) has so far been a total abject and embarrassing failure.

Exactly, they’re now demanding equality of outcome (ie same prize money as men, play alongside men, female managers in male football etc), despite the fact the equality of opportunity (to impress as much as our game) has so far been a total abject and embarrassing failure.
It has polluted our Education System also. Every eejit gets a medal in Sports Day etc.

Hope there isn't a war in the next 20 years cos we are fucked.

Equality of opportunity should go without saying.

Equality of outcome is a dangerous path our ever increasing hand wringing society is already heading down.

Would be a few complications with it but I’m sure it won’t be long until we see a female manager employed in the Uk. I’d guess it’d most likely be a lower league English team looking for some publicity but could be successful in the future? Would certainly be strange!

The current Scottish Woman’s coach was the manager of Stirling university when they first went into lowland league so already been done!

Noticed on the pro license thread there was a couple of women who had qualified. There's no real reason why we shouldn't have seen a top flight female football manager by now, so why haven't we?
Why because not enough believe they’ll be offered a job.

But I think in the next 5 years there’ll be a female gaffer in at least the Championship.

My boss is a female, what’s the difference? There’s male managers in the female game!

No doubt some ‘progressive’ Hipster club will appoint a woman at some point.

Guaranteed within 5-10 years there will be mandatory requirement to interview at least 1 woman for an open vacancy.

A lot of shite

Oh, yesssss!

cherie-lunghi-the-actress-mirrorpix-B4FXXY.jpg
Trust you to have a pic to hand :D

It'll almost certainly happen but it wont end well. A football dressing room full of men is just not an environment a woman could cope in, lead and gain the relevant respect imo.

It'll take generations to change the mindset.

Anybody who's played football will know what I am getting at.

I’m now 25 years in my working life, never had a woman as my manager, had so many relationships on the way up but doubt l will that many on my way down..

Why wouldn't we? I don't actually think women competing with me in the physical element of football will happen any time soon. However, there is nothing to stop a woman being just as good as a guy at managing a team. Women can learn the game inside out just as well as a man. They can come up with the tactics etc. just as much as a man. I know loads of ladies who know more about football than most guys.

Is the women’s goal frame any smaller than the men’s?
Think it’s fair to say most female goalies ain’t Gona be 6ft

Noticed on the pro license thread there was a couple of women who had qualified. There's no real reason why we shouldn't have seen a top flight female football manager by now, so why haven't we?

we haven't even seen a shite flight female manager

they wouldn't be aggressive enough and would never be taken seriously

Define aggressive.

the fergie hair dryer/jim mclean /souness

it would be laughed at IMO

that isn't to say a female manager couldn't win with a different style, but there is no evidence of this

is the current women's team manager the best female manager there is?

What happens when the players start shagging her or she starts shagging them? That’s a serious question.

Neither Klopp or Guardiola are dishing out the hairdryer treatment. Mourinho hasn't been a decent manager for quite some time.

aye right

lets move on to achievements in the game "show me your medals"

where are women going to earn the respect?

by getting in at the bottom and working their way up, its their only option

positive discrimination?

no one will respect that

Eh......No!

We wont no but we will 100% see them in our league and I also believe the EPL. People these days have a hardon for inclusivity and gender equality. Some epl club will do it in a desperate attempt to be the center of attention for the worlds media. It will also fail massively.

TLB is a manager (no laughing at the back) and a fanny, so we're almost there it seems!

Seriously, why not?

At elite level I don’t think the women will have the acquired knowledge or experience to command the respect required from club directors or players!

Possibly at lower league level if some clubs want to push the envelope in the name of equality, but I definitely don’t think they will be there on merit, purely to tick the equality box.

We wont no but we will 100% see them in our league and I also believe the EPL. People these days have a hardon for inclusivity and gender equality. Some epl club will do it in a desperate attempt to be the center of attention for the worlds media. It will also fail massively.

I disagree wholeheartedly......maybe junior level or lower leagues but not in ours or the English top tier. I do completely agree with you regarding the equality and PR box ticking though.

I am absolutely sure there will be. Best person for the job regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, etc, will become for more prevalent.

Of course there will be. Somewhere. They'll survive based on their results like anyone else.

At Rangers? Who knows.

And you know what? Who cares. If a manager took the reigns at Rangers and won us a treble, I couldn't care less what gender they were.

I hope not.

It’s a totally different sport, it’s like asking if we’ll see a basketball head coach in charge of a football team.

Well my captain once called me a stupid Scots lady's front bottom

Back