Will we go after a keeper in January?

No its not. We have 5 games and then we can determine whether the season is done or not at 2.30pm on 2nd January.

We play Thursday, they go to Pittodrie on Saturday. Win, take it to 6 and it’s over to them a few days later.

We really need maximum points up to the Old Firm, then beat them. That’s a maximum of 6 points in it.

McGregor and McLaughlin aren’t good enough but I don’t understand the clamour on here for McCrorie to get the gloves. Other than him doing OK in an old firm game (his performance seems to get better with time) I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that he’s good enough.

The very fact that he can’t displace the aforementioned two and lost his place in the team in his most recent loan spell at Livi would suggest that we might be hoping for something which isn’t actually there.

For me a good goalkeeper is an absolute priority for our squad.

Rochet has played at AZ Alkmaar then Sivasspor then moved back to National in Uruguay. We should be all over him. Exactly the type of keeper we should be looking at.

McGregor and McLaughlin aren’t good enough but I don’t understand the clamour on here for McCrorie to get the gloves. Other than him doing OK in an old firm game (his performance seems to get better with time) I haven’t seen any evidence to suggest that he’s good enough.

The very fact that he can’t displace the aforementioned two and lost his place in the team in his most recent loan spell at Livi would suggest that we might be hoping for something which isn’t actually there.

None of them are good enough.

Wilson and GvB have completely mismanaged the squad. The bigger issue is the fact we haven’t got the money to sign anyone.

I think retaining McLaughlin forced out hand somewhat with McGregor. We gave him a new deal in January this year. Had we waited until summer we would likely have let him and McGregor go and signed a new keeper.

Just my opinion but we can't have 2 keepers taking up the non nation / club trained spots in the squad. Not averse to Liam Kelly coming in as a no2 as he is a club trained player.

We absolutely need to buy a new no1 in summer at the latest.

Kelly has no interest in being a number 2 though so he won't come back to us. He's nowhere near good enough to be a number 1 for us either so think the chat round him will disappear.

We are fine with what we've got for now it's not a massive priority but come the summer it is and that's when it should be addressed.

Rochet the Uruguay keeper is a shout and would probably get him for circa £4m. Any keeper we sign will be around that price.

Why would we pay £4m for a goalkeeper that will be 30 in March? Doesn't really fit into what the club are trying to do transfer wise.

Why would we pay £4m for a goalkeeper that will be 30 in March? Doesn't really fit into what the club are trying to do transfer wise.
He’s 29. He could be our goalkeeper for the next ten years. It would be a sound investment at that price. He’s a great keeper.

As much as I don’t think either should be our number 1 we can probably get by for the rest of the season now.

We have other positions which are much higher priority imo.

I really hope we are all over him. He’s replaced Muslera who himself is a top keeper. And at 29 he’s in his prime.
Agreed and he’s 6ft 2 Uruguay international

For £4 million a total bargain but we will probably be scrimping around looking for a Bosnian.

If we want to replace mcgregor properly we need to spend. He’s played on one year too long but the guy was an incredible keeper for us. Almost irreplaceable actually.

As much as I don’t think either should be our number 1 we can probably get by for the rest of the season now.

We have other positions which are much higher priority imo.
We are conceding too many goal. That’s really down to our keeper. It’s definitely a priority probably our biggest one.

If Wilson was up to the job of DOF then identifying and running the rule over a potential number one keeper would be top of his in-tray. However, the reality will be that we will struggle on with MacGregor until the summer. If the status quo is to last till next summer then I would prefer to have McCrorie in goal and MacGregor as back up option.

Agreed and he’s 6ft 2 Uruguay international

For £4 million a total bargain but we will probably be scrimping around looking for a Bosnian.

If we want to replace mcgregor properly we need to spend. He’s played on one year too long but the guy was an incredible keeper for us. Almost irreplaceable actually.
Has he played well this season for Nacional?

We play Thursday, they go to Pittodrie on Saturday. Win, take it to 6 and it’s over to them a few days later.

We really need maximum points up to the Old Firm, then beat them. That’s a maximum of 6 points in it.
Theyll go to Pittodrie and Easter Road, and will win them both. Just like they did, Tynecastle and Livi.

He'll have another 4 years at the top level, thats a good age for a keeper.

He might well do and your right it's a good age for a keeper but it's the sort of signing you try pick up on a free. Certainly wouldn't be paying £4m for a keeper that has never been a nailed number 1 until he moved back to Uruguay. If we are paying that money for a keeper then you want someone about 24 or 25 that you know you can sell on for good money after 2 or 3 seasons.

Our goalkeeping situation is just a single example of the terrible mismanagement of the squad.

Give McCrorie a new contract, but then also give McGregor a new contract. All whilst hanging on to McLaughlin. Then start with McLaughlin, replace with McGregor and thus freeze out the only keeper with a potential long term future?

We should look to punt McLaughlin, hand the gloves to McCrorie to see if he’s up to the job and have McGregor as backup until the end of the season. Then we can look to see where we are.

Well we know Mcgregor and Mclaughlin arent good enough anymore, only one way to find out if Mcrorie is the answer.

“Give McCrorie the gloves” based on what? The fact he’s been at us for years? No manager has fancied him so that says it all to me. Back up goalkeeper at best.

Definitely a position that needs addressing in the summer, shagger will retire a legend, McLaughlin isn’t good enough so money needing spent there

I think we will.

GK is a position I take particular interest in.

Mcgregor has been a legend, a genius, crucial in getting us 55 , to two European finals and many other victories and trophies.

However he’s 41 in a couple of months. He stayed on in the summer at the request of the club. I think he may retire in January and if we can find a club for McLaughlin he will be away as well.

Whether it’s January or the summer I think a new number 1 will be brought in. I don’t think Mcrorie is going to be long term our number 1.

PS I predicted exactly what would happen this season with McLaughlin collapsing and McGregor coming back in, so I’d advise paying attention to what I say on this.
Ok boss

We need a complete clear out if the keepers. McCrorie if he was seen as a real first choice would have been picked by now. We need a first class keeper and a good back up no later than this summer.

Back