Will we make another signing?

Giovanni Van Henry

Does anyone think our business is finished in the transfer window? Theres been no rumours of any players since we've signed barker and I was wondering if anyone has any info or heard any rumours lately?

I think we will go with what we have at LB
Flano is good enough for the majority of games.
Unless someone good becomes available, or we can punt Barisic

Kent I don’t think is done, but who knows

I think we will go for another striker. hard to say what kind of quality with the two we have though.

I still think Sturridge is a possibility especially if we make the EL group stages.

Still wouldn’t be surprised to get Kent.

There are also a few strong hints that at least one more is in the pipeline. Gerrard himself has suggested it. And our scouts are still being noticed at games around Europe. Now I guess the latter is literally their job but it does feel like we are still looking.

Even accepting that the Aribo deal is a lot more than the advertised transfer fee, our outlay this summer has not been great. We need to get back on a more even keel financially and this may be part of it but it does feel like there should be some money to spend.

Other factors may also be involved. If we got a couple of million for Barisic or (somehow) for Grezda then you’d think it could be reinvested. As could projected earnings if we make it through to the Europa league.

I think at least one more will come in other than Kent. In that Kent will come if he can or not if Liverpool refuse but that doesn’t change the one (other) addition. However the nature of that addition may be dependent on us getting some bonus cash either from Europa or from the sale of a surplus player.

I’d love to see Kent back but I don’t think it will happen. Will be like wladamir Weiss again

If we get Kent then that's a lot of players for the same position(s)
Kent
Barker
Ojo
Arfield
Stewart
Murphy and grezda still on the books too.

Depends on UEL qualification and if we can shift Barisic I think. If we get UEL I can Kent joining on a loan to buy and if we sell Barisic a left back coming in.

Come on King get the cheque book out and deliver us 55 this season, that mob are there for the taking

Read there we've been linked with a rb called di placeido been capped once for argentina and supposedly would only cost 1m as he's in the final year of his contract

I think we will go for another striker. hard to say what kind of quality with the two we have though.

I still think Sturridge is a possibility especially if we make the EL group stages.

Sturridge isn't a possibility mate.

We play with one striker and we've got the best 2 in the country fighting for that position.

We won't be signing a high profile striker to join the queue behind Fredo and Defoe, particularly one that Gerrard has openly questioned his attitude in the past.

Left Back is definitely an option, if we can move Barisic on and who knows after that?

Possibly Kent, if we can move on Grezda, Dodoo, Dorrans, Holt and release some wages?
Especially if we make the group stages.

Still wouldn’t be surprised to get Kent.

There are also a few strong hints that at least one more is in the pipeline. Gerrard himself has suggested it. And our scouts are still being noticed at games around Europe. Now I guess the latter is literally their job but it does feel like we are still looking.

Even accepting that the Aribo deal is a lot more than the advertised transfer fee, our outlay this summer has not been great. We need to get back on a more even keel financially and this may be part of it but it does feel like there should be some money to spend.

Other factors may also be involved. If we got a couple of million for Barisic or (somehow) for Grezda then you’d think it could be reinvested. As could projected earnings if we make it through to the Europa league.

I think at least one more will come in other than Kent. In that Kent will come if he can or not if Liverpool refuse but that doesn’t change the one (other) addition. However the nature of that addition may be dependent on us getting some bonus cash either from Europa or from the sale of a surplus player.
I can see us getting a left back in and a project striker someone young with potential like morelos was. I don't think we'll get Kent this window but I can see it happening in January once we've had a run in Europe that would be a statement January signing especially if were in a good position by then

If we can move Borna on I think we’ll get a new LB.
I still think there is a chance of Kent,possibly last day or two of the window IF Stevie G pops the question again?

I think Gaffer has his eyes on a replacement LB

Barisic just doesn’t seem to have the fight or desire and Ive been patient with Barisic but I do think it’s time we tried to move him on and recoup our outlay on him

Gaffer talked about another back up 3rd choice striker so that must be on the radar

It’s time to turn the screw.

We have a very good chance of winning the league this season – let’s go all out and ensure we do just that...
I can imagine King having said this to himself at about 9:45 last night.

If we can get some cash in for Barišić then there will definitely be a new left back on the radar. Halliday and Flanagan are more than good enough between them but I would like someone to be who Borna was supposed to be - a first choice stable left back.

But also, maybe there is the final piece of the jigsaw that King has been holding back financially waiting to see how Europe was going, but now they are out of the CL maybe he is ready to turn the screw earlier!

Back