Will we see a more relaxed kent

I think we’ll play better at an empty Ibrox because we don’t need to deal with some idiots abusing our own players. Madness.

Kent's confidence is/was completely shot to pieces by people scapegoating him for the teams form.

It's not that he struggles under pressure, he performs best in big games. It's more that endless abuse was getting to him

Given he’s scored openers in pressure matches at Easter Road, Tynecastle the Piggery and Braga I think I’m quite entitled to declare that folk have developed some weird agenda about him.

But hey we learned with Barisic when he spent most of a season injured that folk are generally over simplistic in what they think they are looking at.

Shame that post and agreements declaring Barisic over after an Oxford friendly (9 months ago) has been chopped, as an example.

Not really. He’s one of the most gifted players in the side and one of the best on form. People were just agitated he seemed to shit himself with the rest and after January it got to a point where he struggled just to beat a man.

Hopefully he can overcome that. I’m glad he said what he said after Braga though. I’m sure he got some grief from the gaffer for it but it really confirmed what a lot of us suspected about that squad of players.

No pre season - Then gets injured - has to recover and then is expected to come in and be our saviour . was never going to happen like that .

Do you mean this as a criticism? Genuinely asking

It’s definitely not a criticism of Kent, I was glad he was up front and honest. A criticism of the squad? Absolutely, they don’t have the mentality to cope with the pressure of being expected to win domestically.

He is small, He has talent, He's sometime pretty brilliant, sometimes pretty good but often offers way below what we need in terms of assists, goals and influence. Sound familiar?

The only difference between him and Barry McKay in my opinion is that:
(a.) McKay never cost £7m
(b.) There's more fire in his belly.

In a football sense, I'm not saying he isn't an upgrade from McKay but i'm not sure in all honesty I can say I personally see a £7m upgrade.
Maybe he will kick on but we need more...
Much more!!

He is not good enough to be relied upon week in week out imo

Sadly I do think he is one that Gerrard will play when he is fit regardless of form

We need to have better alternatives when he is off his game

I feel like Kent is a great asset in OF and European games but for your bread and butter SPL games often goes missing. What we need is for no one to be guaranteed a place in the team, even if they did cost 7m

He does well in europe and in old firms so i dont understand what you mean.
Clubs will be unable to target him and put 3 men round him.
I know it's not what OP said. But I think the freedom we could get with Kent, Hagi and Aribo looking to run at defences and Morelos making space might make a big difference. If we can learn to interchange effectively.

Kent was basically our main attacking threat last season as in the creative spark and was under so so much pressure to perform and mostly had 2 men on him all time.
If we sign better attacking players who can all be a threat you would see Kent play better and with more freedom.
He is one of our best players no doubt

Clubs will be unable to target him and put 3 men round him.
I know it's not what OP said. But I think the freedom we could get with Kent, Hagi and Aribo looking to run at defences and Morelos making space might make a big difference. If we can learn to interchange effectively.
Cant disagree with that although i think we need a right winger

Back