Will we see Morelos at Rangers next season?

Coza

Has covid 19 derailed his obvious summer departure and we could have the boy back for another year?

I, like everyone else, was certain he would go this summer and after his latest antics was starting to be glad to see the back of him but I do nownwinder if the summer transfer market will be very slow and we will have him for 6 months or more now.

Personally I think he's finished with us for two reasons. The management look like they've had enough of him and the off field stuff/racism looked to have taken it's toll on him and his family.

I think if a reasonable/high enough offer comes in we will take it.

£15 million and he will be gone imo.

Last edited:
If your correct in your assumption ( which I think you might be ) I personally don’t think it’ll be anywhere near £15m.
Unless he stays and gets back to the form we know he’s capable of I can’t see anyone paying that much.
I hope I’m wrong.

I hope not. Too much happens around him, both on and off the park. It's not all his fault, I know but there are too many distractions. Take the money and move on.

Honestly think its time for him to move on. Sadly we wont get anywhere near what we would have in Jaunary when his stock was though the roof, but thats the risk you take.

Think hes done at rangers.so hello be off.but with all this going on .I also dont thinkthete will be as much transfer activity as usual in the summer

I think so given the way he has played since coming back and the way the season looks to have finished

Alfredo on fire top of his game a few bids would have came in... with the recent stuff going on and being of the boil i can see a low ball offer's coming in... I wouldn't let him go for less than 10mill hoping we can get more obviously...

Genuinely can’t see anyone wanting him, especially not at the money we were talking about.

Forms went off a cliff, personal problems, questionable attitude and that’s before you factor in the chaos this virus has caused.

I think theres more to come from Morelos goal wise but i think he is done with Scotland especially the mhedia. They have achieved their goal in chasing the man out the country. Total wankers.

Are many clubs going to be able to pay what we want/need once this is over?

And how many of the clubs who are capable are going to gamble their cash on him?

I can see us being stuck with him.

Probably never to be seen again, we made it plain to anyone interested in the jan window that he wasnt for sale at almost any price, in hindsight if we knew that his form would go and then this virus coming we would have hit the jackpot if we had sold, but then again ironically everyone would have said we had flung the league away by selling Morelos?

I think he'll still be here, mainly due to the window likely being closed before we kick another ball and no team knowing where they stand. Also, the amount of money in football is likely to have taken a huge dip due to this situation and teams will no longer pay the the earlier valuation for our players that they may have before.

Are many clubs going to be able to pay what we want/need once this is over?

And how many of the clubs who are capable are going to gamble their cash on him?

I can see us being stuck with him.
Hardly stuck with him

Big Morelos fan, our best player by a country mile. Most consistent and has dug us out the shite time and time again.

However, pandemic or not, I'm not so sure he would be sold this summer.

I don't see any one paying the money we value him at. So, we either take a hit or he stays. That was before a pandemic so his value is going to have dropped further - like a lot of transfer fees world wide.

Before the season was put on hold I felt that it was best for both Morelos and Rangers if we went our separate ways in the summer.

The lad and his family need a move away from the hatred of Scottish football. It's poison and will only get worse. An utter disgrace the way he has been treated both on and off the park.

We as a team are too reliant on Morelos and that's simply got to change. We carry on with the same set up when he's out the team and it doesn't work.

We go on about how good a support we are and one of OUR players needs that support now......what is our response .....sell him.
Has he let the team down .....yes, admittedly. But so have others and in bigger games..
Has he carried us in many a game .....yes
Is he a young man in a foreign country where he is constantly made out to be the villain....yes

I am going against the grain here.
Keep him.
Hope you silence a few critics with your goals Alfie and I hope you stay to become a legend.

Will be best for both parties to sell him, it fits our business model to buy cheap and sell for profit. Post winter break, it looks like he wants to be elsewhere. It's his replacement that worries me more...

I don’t think there was anything “obvious” about a summer departure to be honest.

I don’t think anyone will pay the sort of money I think we’d be looking for (which I think would be circa £20m)

So I think he’ll still be here next season.

Sadly we won't ever see Alfie in a Rangers shirt again.

Shame his time with us fizzled out in those last few games, he could have gone on to greatness.

He will be off in the next few months.

He has flashes of what he can do, he to me will only emerge into the player we unfortunately need now when he leaves Scotland for a more sane league, he has been painted a monster panto style by the creeps from the east and the media, it's all we will continue to see, it's what has really disheartened him and you don't need a lot of intelligence to see that.

Morelos has one very irritating diving side to his game that is probably brought on because of the way the knuckle dragging opposing players play against him thinking it's a scrap. I personally think he's had enough of his villain status and wants out a diddy league, and because he is young he's not too wise yet against the snakes that play him to get sent off at all still, and that is why i think management has had enough, he leaves bonny Scotland and he gets a proper career to me. having typed all that and he stays another two years and scores doubles and hatricks v them and we beat them every fixture, well it's all good. Tried to make this a small post, but really hard regarding Morelos.

Think it would be best for both parties if he moved on but his recent conduct will not have enhanced his reputation to transfer value.

Don't think there will be anyone bidding enough for him

Regardless of his form, he still has his transfer value

As mentioned the problem will be how,if and when football gets back to some sort of normality-if that happens then I could see Morelos and Tav both going tbh.
And despite all the good they have done for us,and there's been an awful lot of that in their time with us- I think it would be best from them and us if they moved on.they have stagnated badly this season as it's gone on,and I think their heads have gone.
Fwiw I think moves to say,the likes of Leeds for Tav and Palace for Morelos could reignite them as players back to what they are capable of,while we get a couple of decent fees in to help us rebuild.

I think twenty million for both is a realistic target that could be utilised positively to make us stronger as a team overall.

Afraid to say that I disagree with many other posters and think we could do with keeping him.

Yes he can blow hot and cold but let's be honest on form he can be a real goal threat and a menace to opposition defences - he just needs to find that form again.

If he starts next season well and is amongst the goals then let's face it, we'll all be waxing lyrical about him again and identifying him as the key man to take us to 55.

I think we have a lot of problems but chief amongst them are midfielders with zero goal threat and defenders prone to calamitous mistakes. I think a striker who can get 20+ goals on a bad year can expect to be cut some slack.

Problem is the two main attackers behind Morelos just don't create or score enough goals it needs be looked at likewise do we really need 3 similar midfielders who don't do enough going forward.

Yes , Each year I’ve expected him to be here and this summer is no different. However there does become a point we can no longer sell him as ‘potential’ . I would keep either way and expect him to be here

Back