Will we see Morelos at Rangers next season?

Start of the year I thought it was a cert he'd move but I can't see a summer move for him. I would cash in, though.

If the Coronavirus takes a big toll on our transfer budget them it may be beneficial if we get a good offer of £20 million plus or around that figure it's probably better to get it in the door and reinvest it in 4-5 players that hopefully the scouts and DOF have looked at and watched in detail

I think he will have had his fill with the disgusting media coverage and referees here and I don't blame him. We will cash in.

I get the feeling he was off given his general demeanour but current events might have knocked that on its head.

I would like to see him stay for another year, our best player by a mile. Although finances will I guess dictate what happens.

Quite agree. I think the best way of overcoming teams who park the bus would be to play just the one Jack/Kamara type player with Hagi and Arfield who can push on a bit, then the harder games against them and other good teams play Hagi in the middle with Jack and Kamara either side of him. Can't really see a situation where we'd ever need three defensive/deep-lying type CMs.

Problem is we are trying the Liverpool model with the budget and players nowhere near what they have.

Something has to give because we have been massively found out recently.

If we reluctantly decide to keep the 4-3-3 he needs to rebuild the midfield and the forward line and it won't be cheap.

Ideally one holding midfielder, a box to box midfielder, with a playmaker plus two game changing forwards either side of the main striker.

The problem is going to be prospective buyers may not have the money to spend.
Unless a club like Chelsea cones in, I can’t see him going.

It's going to be a fascinating Summer and likely early Autumn. The market will be depressed and I can't see a large amount spent.

There should be bargains. Unfortunately it likely means we'll have to settle for a lower fee for Alfie.

It wouldn't be a surprise to see him remain at Ibrox.

We’ll be lucky to get 8-10 million for him now with everything that’s going on and I don’t think he wants to be here and I think the current management and coaches have had enough of trying to change his ways.

Hopefully not

Consistently failed to learn from mistakes and his half arsed attitude since January has been abysmal.

Time to get money for him and part ways

Personally I think he's finished with us for two reasons. The management look like they've had enough of him and the off field stuff/racism looked to have taken it's toll on him and his family.

I think if a reasonable/high enough offer comes in we will take it.

£15 million and he will be gone imo.

It's absolutely essential that we get a minimum of a 10% sell on clause.

If he goes to a mid-table EPL or La Liga side and then gets sold on to a top side in those leagues, you could be looking at £50 million+.

We need a slice of that.

For a number of reasons (the need for clubs to save rather than spend, global financial uncertainty, poor discipline, etc) I think we'll struggle to get top dollar for him. His value has decreased rather than increased. If the club were offered £10m for him, I reckon they'd take it.

Big job for the gaffer replacing him. We seen from January-March how bad we are when he doesn’t produce.

It's a tricky one. The next transfer window is not the time to cash in on him for obvious reasons - he had two months of the season to get himself in the shop window and that chance is gone.

Who is going to pay big money to take a punt on him after his last few months for us where he has been a liability most of the time??

Ideally we get him back fresh, hungry and in tip top shape and then we punt him 6 months down the line. On the other hand he could come back a mess physically and continue being the waster he appears to be content to be.

To be honest, based on the last few months who would take him (that meets anywhere near our valuation)
He’s far too Jekyll and Hyde for most big clubs. You’ll either get the sublime or the car crash. There’s no in between.

I posted a thread up here maybe 18-24 months ago.

“How’d you solve a problem like Morelos”
A fun play on words obviously
But the sentiment was right, he is a problem, because for all the good he gives, he brings just as much baggage. For many managers and big clubs it’s going to be a massive red flag. 2 seasons in a row now he has cost himself (and Rangers) a big move with his actions.

Back