Will we sign Chris brunt

I highly doubt it, far too old and not the standard we need. Unless he is deemed good enough to be bornas back up, he can sure cross a ball though.

That’s what I was thinking decent lef
I highly doubt it, far too old and not the standard we need. Unless he is deemed good enough to bornas back up cause he can sure cross a ball.
Thats what I was thinking good left back cover and has a great delivery

Thoughts , he is leaving West Brom and I think he would be worth a punt decent player

giphy.gif

Once bitten (in our case a lot more than the once), twice shy.
Far too old.

We need players with sell on value, not to come here to run down their career. Staunch or not.

Far too old.

We need players with sell on value, not to come here to run down their career. Staunch or not.
Just as a left back cover in that area wasn’t the greatest to be fair Andy Halliday has a big heart but wasn’t really that great in that position

Far too old.

We need players that will win us the league. A fair amount of posters seem to go on about sell on value and while in a business sense it’s a good way to go, winning trophies and by being a success on the pitch, the sell on value will take care of itself.

If we sign Chris Brunt, we lack the ambition to stop them walking away with the league. Maybe if an emergency arises and we need a LB then OK, but not as a summer signing where we need quality signings and players who are both up for the challenge and can match enthusiasm with ability. Aye Chris Brunt has loads of caps for NI and would love to play for Rangers but so did David Healy and Gareth McAuley. They were decent but we're past the stage of signing decent players. We need winners.

Must be ancient now, decent backup for LB tho
I highly doubt it, far too old and not the standard we need. Unless he is deemed good enough to be bornas back up, he can sure cross a ball though.
That’s what I was thinking decent lef

Thats what I was thinking good left back cover and has a great delivery
Just as a left back cover in that area wasn’t the greatest to be fair Andy Halliday has a big heart but wasn’t really that great in that position

He wasn’t even a left back, and even if he was

a 35/36 year old full back, I’d rather not thanks.

I said decent left back cover , playing a bit further back would maybe help him
And I know he wasn’t a left back but he is a left sided player

Ah Chris Brunt. I remember he used to be a good player. Oasis had just released What's the Story and OJ was on trial for murder

He gradually moved to left back as he got older and played LB for NI. I don’t think the OP was suggesting we sign him aged 36 to play left forward. Regardless, he’s not good enough.

Great player for club and country years ago. Gutted that he missed the euros through injury. But no chance we would sign him. Yes I’d have taken him 5 years ago but not now.

Too old unfortunately.
Anyone else think we could turn Glen Middleton into a left back?
Decent amount of skill, fast as fuk, an aggressive wee fuker, and has a great engine on him.
Has the makings of a great modern day left back, imho.. before I also get slaughtered :)

Too old unfortunately.
Anyone else think we could turn Glen Middleton into a left back?
Decent amount of skill, fast as fuk, an aggressive wee fuker, and has a great engine on him.
Has the makings of a great modern day left back, imho.. before I also get slaughtered :)
Nah, if he was to be converted it would be to centre forward where he has played a couple of times.

If Tavernier can get back to his old self then I wouldn’t touch the defence apart from a back up left back.

What I’d maybe do if I was in the managers shoes is have a word with Tav. I’d find out if the captaincy is maybe too much for him. Let him get back to his old self and not worry about the rest of the team if he feels it’s a burden.
(This isn’t a go at him. I really like the skipper and you can see how much it means to him to be playing and captaining the team.)

Nah, if he was to be converted it would be to centre forward where he has played a couple of times.

Good finisher too. Not really sure why he disappeared off the scene after a fine performance in Moscow. Inconsistency is to be expected at his age, but would have been a much better option than Barker!

Back