Will we sign Chris brunt

Good finisher too. Not really sure why he disappeared off the scene after a fine performance in Moscow. Inconsistency is to be expected at his age, but would have been a much better option than Barker!
Yeah I’ve discussed Glenn a few times, very good finisher. As I’ve said before my mates brother plays for the 21s and used to rave about him. Hopefully kicks on.

No from me also. Brunt has only played 1 Championship and 1 League Cup match in 2019/20. I know it's been a short season but 2 matches only at the age of 35 tells a story, I think.

No chance

Dorrans was a harsh lesson for us ,we had him down as a fantastic signing ,although injured a lot he never ever lived up to expectations ...like others

No thanks. Tremendous servant to Albion for 13 years, but his best days are long gone at 35.
Apparently close to linking up with Michael O`Neill,and treading the West Brom to Stoke path like Berahino,Fletcher and the ***.

If FIFA brought in rolling substitutes for this season, get him tied up on a 1 hour contract, otherwise, naw.:rolleyes:

FBS

Chris Brunt was a good player and I’d always imagined he was a bear. But the important part of that is he “was a good player”. Not for me anymore maybe 6/7 years ago.

There's always a place for some experienced players in a squad, but I feel we have that covered.

I'd rather see a youngster given the chance to be cover at left back than sign someone like Brunt.

But that's just my preference, nothing more.

Put it this way. Would we be scared if the mentally challengeds signed Chris Brunt?

No - we’d piss ourselves laughing.

If we want to win the league we can’t keep stockpiling squad level players. We need quality this time. Not quantity.

I wouldn’t say he is pish though to be fair
He is certainly not as he has played at top level in England and is Northern Ireland international.
However he is 35yrs old!!! - such signings don't show much ambition.
It's a no from me.

Honestly thought this was an old thread from 2015 when I saw the title.

You’ve got to be kidding, surely?

He played 2 games in the 19/20 season and will be 36 this year. Absolutely nuts suggestion.

I fucking hope not. Was a tidy enough player in his younger days. But at 35 wouldn't be my first choice.

Thoughts , he is leaving West Brom and I think he would be worth a punt decent player

ReS33YN.gif

You know lock down is getting to you when I read this as James Blunt and thought what is he going to do, sing the opposition down?! Lol!

Aye nae bother
Are you his agent? Brunt is fucking pish. Feel free to tell your client I said that, he is utter muck, finished, and not good enough. PM me and I'll send you my number and I'll happily tell brunt that he is a crock of fuckin arse myself.

The word “Punt” gets thrown regularly about when transfer speculation pops up..
I think we’re beyond the stage of taking a punt. We need the real deal to hit the ground running.

Definitely not the player we need & nowhere near there the player he used to be.
Could of been a decent signing years ago but sadly for him, not now!

I wouldn't be shocked if we went for him, would be an upgrade on Halliday. Cracking player on his day, rarely has a bad game but is he a bit old?

ETA: As a poster above suggested Barry Douglass more likely option.

Back