Will we sign Chris brunt

we don't need any more squad players, or guys who will run out of steam if they are asked to play more often than not as we saw with Davis. We need certain starters to lift the standard week in week out.

Much as i liked Brunt in his prime ... the answer must be no

I'm all for a mixture of youth and experience in the midfield but as for this suggestion, it should have
happened about 5 years ago if it was ever going to happen.

In the nicest way possible: He's old, he's not very good and has just been released by West Brom.

No thanks.

Shame as in his peak for The Wednesday he was pure class and he's one of us. Too old now though sadly.... fantastic creative player in his prime

You can have a couple of elder statesmen around the team but ideally they

a) need to have been top players so even past their peak they're coming down from a higher starting point and are still better than most of the squad
b) add something in terms of providing experiences no-one else in the squad has
c) aren't just squad filler
d) need to be exceptional role models for younger players

I don't think Brunt meets any of my criteria, so not for me

We have Shagger, Davis and Defoe as the squad Elder Statesmen. Adding a 4th would be excessive imo.

It would take an exceptionally better player than Brunt to make me change my mind on that. We need guys either hitting their peaks or younger players eager to breakthrough and make a mark in the game.

People saying 'he's pish' are at it. He is too old however, and winding down his career, so as much as I loved him, no place for him at Rangers.

If it wasnt for Brunt's leanings, this just wouldn't be a conversation on here at all.

That's not to say it's wrong to suggest, hist wouldn't happen otherwise.

Brunt has had a few injuries & to gamble on working a 35 year old like that at fullback is a total non starter, we would pan a signing like this otherwise imo

Back