Will Zuklowski make the breakthrough at Ibrox this season?

Based on the fact Patterson couldn't dislodge Tavernier you would think no!

Hopefully he turns out to be the Polish Patterson and we're flogging him to an EPL club for fortunes but personally I would never have signed him, when Patterson left promote Devine, he costs us nothing and It's pretty clear that £500k for another RB, when you have Devine sitting there, could be better used in other areas currently.

Maybe Devine isn’t quite ready to step up yet?

Patterson broke into the team though, so how can he play the Patterson role?

Or do you mean the Patterson role as Tav’s back up, which he already is?

He won't be taking Tav's place, that's for sure. But he hasn't been on the bench much either, so can only assume that's down to performances in training.

Really?
What if, in this new world of “rearing our own and selling for a profit” the lad Devine is seen as an opportunity?
What if Sands is seen as the second choice at right back?
When does throwing youth into a distressed situation ever work long term?

Sands is not a right back.

He needs to get a bit of a chance . It would be handy to rest Tav from time to time . Then it's up to him .

It's how papers work these days.

The Record had an article not so long ago giving us the benefit of the thoughts of Danny Crainie on the current Celtic team. :D

NB - Danny last played for Celtic 39 years ago. o_O

And was a total dud... Why ask his opinion?

Don’t want to curse it but for a players who doesn’t stop running and plays every minute Tav never gets injured, Even when he hd the appendix op he was back well ahead of expected

Thought I heard at the time of his signing he could play up front as a right winger. If not they should at least try him there since he was very quick all be it was against annan and looked dangerous

Needs to serve his time polishing Tav’s boots, making his tea etc. before he becomes the main man.

Wasn't he used as a winger occasionally at Gdansk?

Could be an option for us in that position as he apparently has a lot of pace.
Yeh, really liked the look of him against Annan. Hope to see more of him this season as he was just unlucky with the injury. Got a feeling he's gonna be a player for us.

Catch 22

If he makes the breakthrough it means Tav is injured or has lost form. Something we can't afford to happen.

It's tough to see a future at Ibrox for the guy beyond back up. Unless he's happy to play that role of course. In which case, it might well be worth giving him an outing or two in certain league fixtures, and the early rounds of the Cups, to keep his appetite.

Only seen him in the Annan game and a Glasgow Cup tie against Queens Park where Jai Quitongo torn him to shreds.

I would say unlikely unless there has been a big improvement.

Ah...fascinating article. Saw the clips going forward and assumed he was a Patterson clone but essentially he can't defend. He's a winger we are investing a couple of years turning into a wingback like Tav. Tavs 1-1 defending and positioning has improved dramatically so worth persevering...but not next year. Might be year after he breaks in.

Wasn't he used as a winger occasionally at Gdansk?

Could be an option for us in that position as he apparently has a lot of pace.

I thought I read that too mate.

His ball to Roofe at Annan had the quality of a winger, and I hope we start to see him fit & healthy & putting pressure on his captain, or even elsewhere.

Don’t want to curse it but for a players who doesn’t stop running and plays every minute Tav never gets injured, Even when he hd the appendix op he was back well ahead of expected
Same was said with Morelos.
A week later he was out for the season.

no but probably not intended to. If Patterson was a LB Barisic would have been sold last summer

Breakthrough depends on what you view that as I suppose.

I imagine we'll see more of him, possibly some cup games etc.
Will he dislodge Tav? Not just a no for this season, but a no forever based on what we've seen to date.

He won't be taking Tav's place, that's for sure. But he hasn't been on the bench much either, so can only assume that's down to performances in training.

He was injured playing for Poland's u21s, hence he wasn't available for the end of the season. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the most straightforward one.

He was injured playing for Poland's u21s, hence he wasn't available for the end of the season. Sometimes the simplest explanation is the most straightforward one.
Seen this a lot recently, and take you at your word.

However, don't remember seeing much said at the time - which is why so many will be wondering where he's been.

Ross Wilson is the Director of Football and should be shouldering the overall responsibility for our recruitment. He is remunerated sufficiently, he carries the can.

Some of the flak he cops from fans is 100% justified.
While some of it is 100% not.

Let’s hope he kicks on this season and we don’t have an injury list like last season.

Literally no one was talking about him until you do and then sidetrack the thread.
It's not sidetracking, it's a valid point. He's been written off by some already because he didn't make any first team appearances last season.

Just because the news of his injury wasn't heralded with a fanfare of trumpets this was deemed that he was a dud and some took this as the cue for a bit of Ross Wilson bashing.

Back