Willem II game now available to purchase on Rangers TV £9.99

Dennistounbear

No but we knew that to be the case this season due to COVID yes?
Yes definitely mate I just think maybe a bit of goodwill for at least the qualifying rounds towards season ticket holders would be nice. Would still be able to sell to non season ticket holders.

Delboy Trotter

Most sensible fans will realise this I’m sure.

Others seem to think the club has an endless pot of gold and we should be throwing millions upon millions at transfers whilst fans get freebies to watch every game.

Freebies to watch every game?

I’ve paid over £500 to watch 19 home league matches on a stream. At the same time, non season ticket holders can pay probably less than half of that amount to watch the same games

Forgive me for thinking that the club are being a tad shady for not throwing in a few qualifying matches as a thanks

Delboy Trotter

European game are never free and are not included in the price of a season book..... or did I miss the small print where it said they are if so I take it back if not then why are you demanding free games to watch from the club?

By your logic, a full price ST is for attending games in person.

Given we’re only getting a stream, we shouldn’t have been charged full price ST? We should only have been charged the going rate for individual PPV matches ...

Modfella

No but we knew that to be the case this season due to COVID yes?
No we never, nobody knew.
We were all talking about getting into games possibly in Sept or even Jan back when this kicked off but I am now resigned to the fact that we won't be back this season at all.
All the posters are asking for is to show the same loyalty to the fans and we have shown the club.
We have shown enormous respect for the club.

Dennistounbear

Freebies to watch every game?

I’ve paid over £500 to watch 19 home league matches on a stream. At the same time, non season ticket holders can pay probably less than half of that amount to watch the same games

Forgive me for thinking that the club are being a tad shady for not throwing in a few qualifying matches as a thanks
Correct mate that was my point earlier a couple of qualifying games as a goodwill gesture to season ticket holders.

Delboy Trotter

We were all talking about getting into games possibly in Sept or even Jan back when this kicked off but I am now resigned to the fact that we won't be back this season at all.
All the posters are asking for is to show the same loyalty to the fans and we have shown the club.

Agreed.

The club have already told hospitality folk they can claim credit for next season or partial refunds.

Actually a bit pissed off that they haven’t offered the same to ST holders. The fact they appear to be giving us eff all else for our money is even more frustrating

TimzRFudz

Before I make a lady's front bottom of this, as a VST person do I purchase it through the normal RTV site linked to in the op, or so I go through the live.Rangers etc address?

Usual shambolic level of communication from the club. I’m not even going to start on the games for free debate.

sw26

For all the talk of freebies for ST holders, there’s also a middle ground of giving ST holders a token gesture discount compared to what non-STH would pay.

£2 or £3 off the price would hardly make a dent in the takings but at least it would be something as a gesture.

Modfella

Agreed.

The club have already told hospitality folk they can claim credit for next season or partial refunds.

Actually a bit pissed off that they haven’t offered the same to ST holders. The fact they appear to be giving us eff all else for our money is even more frustrating
I wasn't expecting anything back from what I have already paid, I never even went for the voucher for missing out on last seasons games.
But it's a bit much asking guys who have already forked out hundreds to dig deep again.
These are not normal times and we love the club so paid the ST money, Mygers and bought the kit, surely it's not asking for the moon for the club to reciprocate and offer something back for the loyalty the ST holders have shown?

rangeral

Before I make a lady's front bottom of this, as a VST person do I purchase it through the normal RTV site linked to in the op, or so I go through the live.Rangers etc address?

Usual shambolic level of communication from the club. I’m not even going to start on the games for free debate.

just click the link in op

supersonic

Official Ticketer
Well once we sell Morelos at minimum £15m, I hope the lot of it is reinvested in the squad.

Or maybe even a small part of it can be refunded to ST holders ...
Again, have you seen the financial accounts? Why would fans be refunded? We knew what we were signing up for. I'll pay for rtv as I am getting to watch the team in return. Its quite simple.

Modfella

Again, have you seen the financial accounts? Why would fans be refunded? We knew what we were signing up for. I'll pay for rtv as I am getting to watch the team in return. Its quite simple.
We did not know what we signed up for this is bull.
No one knew, we had no idea.
This is being banded about like fact, it is not.
P.S I just paid £9.99 for the game from RTV.

Sh3230

Considering I'd normally be paying like 30 quid (plus travel etc) for the home leg I don't think giving a tenner to the club to watch the game is that bad tbh

Delboy Trotter

Well actually as another poster pointed out, we didn’t fully know what we were signing up for.

When renewing at no point was there talk of a full season behind closed doors, maybe half a season

I get that is outwith the clubs control through.

But back to my point, ST holders have paid more than double the cost of what non ST holders are paying for 19 home league games on a stream.

Bisgrove stated that’s not enough for compensating ST holders and more will be done. We’re still awaiting an update on this one btw ...

It’s not asking too much to give ST holders a few qualifiers for free.

After all, it’s not only the club that have monthly costs to look after ..

evo14

Official Ticketer
Hope it works this time. Last game kept saying I was logged in on too many devices and I had to get a refund for the game.

Ke55y

By your logic, a full price ST is for attending games in person.

Given we’re only getting a stream, we shouldn’t have been charged full price ST? We should only have been charged the going rate for individual PPV matches ...
Look unless you’ve been on the moon for the last year we all knew no fans in stadia was happening are you saying to the contrary that you paid for a season ticket expecting to attend games? And your asking my logic lol

Ke55y

Ask for your money back and give up your seat plenty bears waiting in the wings I’m sure the club will accomodate

Delboy Trotter

Look unless you’ve been on the moon for the last year we all knew no fans in stadia was happening are you saying to the contrary that you paid for a season ticket expecting to attend games? And your asking my logic lol

No. I paid knowing I wouldn’t get to every home game.

At no point was it ever expected we’d miss the full season. As I said, it’s not the clubs fault though.

All I’ve said is I think the club could have offered us a few qualifiers free of charge given how much we’ve stumped up for a vastly inferior product than we pay for every other season

BobbyShearer

No. I paid knowing I wouldn’t get to every home game.

At no point was it ever expected we’d miss the full season. As I said, it’s not the clubs fault though.

All I’ve said is I think the club could have offered us a few qualifiers free of charge given how much we’ve stumped up for a vastly inferior product than we pay for every other season

But it’s not all you’ve said.

You’ve continually bleated about getting ripped off and that it’s a disgrace.

“At no point was it ever expected we’d miss the full season”
No it wasn’t expected but there was a chance.

Honestly, that is the equivalent of going apeshit at your financial advisor because your stock has tanked off the face of the Earth. “But how was I meant to know”

Again, yes they could have offered but frankly, every single penny is a prisoner when you are running at losses and offering equity for loans.

You’re a bit pissed off and feeling taken for granted, we all are. But you don’t rip into your kids every 5 minutes for not appreciating you.

If you’ve made an emotional investment, you’ve done a good thing for your club.
If you’ve made a financial investment, you’ve done the wrong thing for you.

Delboy Trotter

But it’s not all you’ve said.

You’ve continually bleated about getting ripped off and that it’s a disgrace.

“At no point was it ever expected we’d miss the full season”
No it wasn’t expected but there was a chance.

Honestly, that is the equivalent of going apeshit at your financial advisor because your stock has tanked off the face of the Earth. “But how was I meant to know”

Again, yes they could have offered but frankly, every single penny is a prisoner when you are running at losses and offering equity for loans.

You’re a bit pissed off and feeling taken for granted, we all are. But you don’t rip into your kids every 5 minutes for not appreciating you.

If you’ve made an emotional investment, you’ve done a good thing for your club.
If you’ve made a financial investment, you’ve done the wrong thing for you.

Not giving us a few qualifiers free of charge is a disgrace IMO. I won’t change my mind on that

I also felt it was shocking that after ST holders fronted up, the club then release details for non ST holders to pay £10 per home game without even as much as an acknowledgement that it’s well short of what ST holders are paying.

The club take ST holders for granted and the “we never take it for granted” spiel we get from Robertson every time we’re asked to cough up, is nothing more than a sound bite.

No point debating any further as neither of our stances will change

Blutoe

Not giving us a few qualifiers free of charge is a disgrace IMO. I won’t change my mind on that

I also felt it was shocking that after ST holders fronted up, the club then release details for non ST holders to pay £10 per home game without even as much as an acknowledgement that it’s well short of what ST holders are paying.

The club take ST holders for granted and the “we never take it for granted” spiel we get from Robertson every time we’re asked to cough up, is nothing more than a sound bite.

So you’d like to deny all other supporters the opportunity to watch the games to make you feel special. Ok

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer

Just don’t renew then mate. Nobody forces any supporter. I agree it’s poor though especially when no fans are going to be getting their seasons tickets money’s worth any time soon.

bar72bear

Official Ticketer
I think in this instance it wouldn’t have done the club much harm to give season ticket holders the game for free or at the very least cheaper than non season tickets . Depending how this season goes the board might be well leaving some goodwill in the bank

Ke55y

No. They should have been charged the equivalent as to what I was charged with my ST
In that scenario should the club then do a ballot for next seasons books based on everyone who wanted 1. You like the rest of us paid extra to secure your seat going forward correct?. Your saying those unlucky enough not to secure a seat should pay full whack anyway. I see the extra cash as me securing my seat for next year.

Shiv

Good for you mate so have I. Would you not agree as maybe a goodwill gesture we got the qualifying rounds free as season ticket holders in these circumstances?
It would be nice to have a goodwill gesture yeah. But I can see exactly where the club are coming from, we would usually have 4 qualifying round home games where all the tickets are sold as extra to the season ticket. That’s a lot of lost revenue before you even get to the group stages

Elaine

Official Ticketer
I’m not buying it this week major issues last week saying I was blocked missed 1st 25 min of the game, it was a shambles.

Dave570

No but you would normally get to watch every league game in the stadium. Fans are getting squeezed for every single penny these days and not a lot in return for it. MyGers essentially pointless while stadiums shut. Online streams for ST holders when we all know you can watch for buttons via IPTV or about a quarter the price of your season ticket via Rangers TV and a VPN
Rangers will be paying for the rights to show the game. Premium tv won't be giving it away for nothing.

Neilston Unionist

The club have made money off us with ST income, MyGers despite there being very very few benefits this season to it.

We’ve made a fair amount from merchandise.

The costs to broadcast these games are 5 figures. If it’s about covering cost of broadcasting, then charge us the lowest possible which would break us even with the cost we pay to broadcast.

Imps, Willem and possibly Galatasaray - no one is telling me they couldn’t give these games to ST holders for free. They could have but have chosen not to and I imagine this will apply to the Galatasaray game as well, infact that’ll probably end up being £15 a head.

The fans have done their part. The players and management haven’t and a slight hit on their income would cover the cost of broadcasting these games for free to ST holders.

This is just a case of the club looking to rip the piss out of ST holders even further.

Mate, to be frank, the Club would likely go out of business if folk didn’t renew their season ticket. Any games we get to go to this season are a bonus. Otherwise, I’m not going to sit and scream about what the Club should and shouldn’t be giving me because I’ve bought a season ticket. The Club are already losing out on European home ticket sales for the foreseeable and still actually signing players so I’m firmly in the camp of give the Club a break even if you feel it’s a small amount.

Anyone who renewed this year should of been well aware of the circumstances.

Dave570

I live abroad and pay monthly RTV, but I really feel for you guy's paying for a season ticket and not getting in. Nobody saw this coming. I can only say " God bless you all" and hope this is over soon.

change consent