Willem II game now available to purchase on Rangers TV £9.99

So after we find out we basically won't be in Ibrox all season a £240 annual subscription gets u this game but £521 (virtual) season ticket doesn't?

Aye no bother Rangers.

Very true but his point is very valid. Many have shelled out 600 quid plus for season tickets to watch matches in their house, giving season ticket holders a £9 quid game isn’t exactly asking much. Add in My Gers, strips etc and the rest and the club is taking the piss with this.
We are all entitled to an opinion and my one is different from yours

@Valley Bluenose if I sign in through my phone and buy this mate is it going to give me any problems when I go to watch any of our home games on live.rangers.co.uk on my laptop?

@Valley Bluenose if I sign in through my phone and buy this mate is it going to give me any problems when I go to watch any of our home games on live.Rangers.co.uk on my laptop?

No it should be ok as your RTV account is linked via your email. All devices you use are linked to that, just ensure you log out of all devices except the one that you are viewing from before ko.

VB will agree with this.

I don't expect a freebie, we all knew what we were signing up to when we renewed STs.

But £10/game twice in the space of a fortnight and potentially a third game to come is not a great way to entice fans to buy direct from RTV when they can get a month's subscription to Premier for less.

Did you look at the financial accounts last year? £10m funding gap.

This is the ticket revenue usually

The qualifiers last year went up in increments

Round 2 50k fans x 7.5 (average of £10 adults and child ticket £5) = £375k
Round 3 50k fans x 12.5 (average of £15 adults and child ticket £10) = £625k
Round 4 50k fans x 17.5 (average of £20 adults and child ticket £15) = £875k

Roughly about £1.5m before costs.

Even if we qualify the costs are going to rack up. Increases costs of travelling and logistics (see Aberdeen chairman about chartered flight 2x the price). We might need more players. More wages.

Well once we sell Morelos at minimum £15m, I hope the lot of it is reinvested in the squad.

Or maybe even a small part of it can be refunded to ST holders ...

From some of the replies on here. Get the feeling If we don’t make the groups stages And say have another draw in league they will be front and centre demanding ST money back the club should have been straight up front no money back if you don’t want to buy don’t buy as this I’m getting ripped of pish will last till we’re sat in Ibrox again......newsflash you all knew what the fook you were buying so I don’t get why people are whinning like mentally challengeds.

I knew what I was signing up to

What I didn’t expect the club to do was rip the piss even further by charging ST holders per qualifying match to watch it on RTV

Bisgrove stated giving us a stream for league games wasn’t enough to justify our ST price. He stated that the club were looking at other ways to compensate.

Well how about not ripping the arse out of ST holders further and giving us a couple of the games free of charge on RTV

So after we find out we basically won't be in Ibrox all season a £240 annual subscription gets u this game but £521 (virtual) season ticket doesn't?

Aye no bother Rangers.

This is precisely one of my biggest gripes.

It’s disgraceful if truth be told

Following on from this, if we progress on Thursday, will the club take payment from home CCCS ST holders? And if so, how much? £25 (iirc legia cost) or £9.99?

Which was my point from the start, it’s down to the club fleecing ST holders for more money

Fleecing?

You make it sound like the board are running a Ponzi scheme for personal gain.

They've had to be creative to increase our revenue streams, no-one put a gun to your head and forced you to pay it.

Following on from this, if we progress on Thursday, will the club take payment from home CCCS ST holders? And if so, how much? £25 (iirc legia cost) or £9.99?

Doubt they will take anything

maybe VST will get the game free of charge?

if not then you will asked to pay £9.99

Your constant complaining about this subject would suggest that that’s either untrue or your opinion has changed.

Id suggest you’d be in a small minority of those who genuinely thought RFC would also offer additional home matches with the VST.

The money was handed over for a season ticket on the understanding that you would be provided access for SPFL games until access was regained to the stadium, with no guarantee when that would be.

Whilst there may be a discussion to be had on what the club could have further provided as a goodwill gesture given the current financial constraints, you nor anyone else has been “ripped off”.

Do folk not realise Rangers are in the pandemic too? If we don't make it to the Europa there's a huge chunk out our budget, it's hardly surprising they're trying to maximize income from the qualifiers.

Your constant complaining about this subject would suggest that that’s either untrue or your opinion has changed.

Id suggest you’d be in a small minority of those who genuinely thought RFC would also offer additional home matches with the VST.

The money was handed over for a season ticket on the understanding that you would be provided access for SPFL games until access was regained to the stadium, with no guarantee when that would be.

Whilst there may be a discussion to be had on what the club could have further provided as a goodwill gesture given the current financial constraints, you nor anyone else has been “ripped off”.

I haven’t changed my mind on this at all

I said pre season I felt fans should receive some form of credit for next season if we couldn’t get access to all games. Hospitality folk are being given credit or partial refunds.

Given that each qualifying round it costs the club a 5 figure sum, I think they could have afforded to give ST holders each round free of charge as a thanks. Thanks for paying full price whilst we punt every home game For £10 PPV to non season ticket holders.

Thanks for sticking by the club and coughing up full whack knowing we’d possibly not get into Ibrox this season.

It’s not asking a lot really. Potentially 3 qualifiers costing the club no more than 300k broadcasting rights. I’m sure the club could have given something back to ST holders.

Do folk not realise Rangers are in the pandemic too? If we don't make it to the Europa there's a huge chunk out our budget, it's hardly surprising they're trying to maximize income from the qualifiers.

We have a player in our squad who had a bid worth 16m euros/pounds.

If we’re that desperate to maximise income, he’d have been sold and may possibly still be sold.

I guess some folk would nod along in agreement with the club regardless of how much they look to take the piss

Most sensible fans will realise this I’m sure.

Others seem to think the club has an endless pot of gold and we should be throwing millions upon millions at transfers whilst fans get freebies to watch every game.

@Valley Bluenose if I sign in through my phone and buy this mate is it going to give me any problems when I go to watch any of our home games on live.Rangers.co.uk on my laptop?
No it should be ok as your RTV account is linked via your email. All devices you use are linked to that, just ensure you log out of all devices except the one that you are viewing from before ko.

VB will agree with this.

@Valley Bluenose will indeed agree with this.:))

It shouldn’t be a problem at all. But......:rolleyes: Make sure you fully log out of RangersTV on your phone after buying the match. I’d go as far as deleting cookies/cache on the phone after buying the match. To try an avoid the dreaded ‘Account Blocked’ message. If it comes to the worst and you get it then then go down the Password Reset/Forgotten Password route and it should resolve itself.

What I didn’t expect the club to do was rip the piss even further by charging ST holders per qualifying match to watch it on RTV

Bisgrove stated giving us a stream for league games wasn’t enough to justify our ST price. He stated that the club were looking at other ways to compensate.

Well how about not ripping the arse out of ST holders further and giving us a couple of the games free of charge on RTV
European game are never free and are not included in the price of a season book..... or did I miss the small print where it said they are if so I take it back if not then why are you demanding free games to watch from the club?

No but we knew that to be the case this season due to COVID yes?
Yes definitely mate I just think maybe a bit of goodwill for at least the qualifying rounds towards season ticket holders would be nice. Would still be able to sell to non season ticket holders.

Most sensible fans will realise this I’m sure.

Others seem to think the club has an endless pot of gold and we should be throwing millions upon millions at transfers whilst fans get freebies to watch every game.

Freebies to watch every game?

I’ve paid over £500 to watch 19 home league matches on a stream. At the same time, non season ticket holders can pay probably less than half of that amount to watch the same games

Forgive me for thinking that the club are being a tad shady for not throwing in a few qualifying matches as a thanks

European game are never free and are not included in the price of a season book..... or did I miss the small print where it said they are if so I take it back if not then why are you demanding free games to watch from the club?

By your logic, a full price ST is for attending games in person.

Given we’re only getting a stream, we shouldn’t have been charged full price ST? We should only have been charged the going rate for individual PPV matches ...

No but we knew that to be the case this season due to COVID yes?
No we never, nobody knew.
We were all talking about getting into games possibly in Sept or even Jan back when this kicked off but I am now resigned to the fact that we won't be back this season at all.
All the posters are asking for is to show the same loyalty to the fans and we have shown the club.
We have shown enormous respect for the club.

Freebies to watch every game?

I’ve paid over £500 to watch 19 home league matches on a stream. At the same time, non season ticket holders can pay probably less than half of that amount to watch the same games

Forgive me for thinking that the club are being a tad shady for not throwing in a few qualifying matches as a thanks
Correct mate that was my point earlier a couple of qualifying games as a goodwill gesture to season ticket holders.

No we never, nobody knew.
We were all talking about getting into games possibly in Sept or even Jan back when this kicked off but I am now resigned to the fact that we won't be back this season at all.
All the posters are asking for is to show the same loyalty to the fans and we have shown the club.
We have shown enormous respect for the club.

Agreed.

The club have already told hospitality folk they can claim credit for next season or partial refunds.

Actually a bit pissed off that they haven’t offered the same to ST holders. The fact they appear to be giving us eff all else for our money is even more frustrating

Before I make a lady's front bottom of this, as a VST person do I purchase it through the normal RTV site linked to in the op, or so I go through the live.rangers etc address?

Usual shambolic level of communication from the club. I’m not even going to start on the games for free debate.

For all the talk of freebies for ST holders, there’s also a middle ground of giving ST holders a token gesture discount compared to what non-STH would pay.

£2 or £3 off the price would hardly make a dent in the takings but at least it would be something as a gesture.

Agreed.

The club have already told hospitality folk they can claim credit for next season or partial refunds.

Actually a bit pissed off that they haven’t offered the same to ST holders. The fact they appear to be giving us eff all else for our money is even more frustrating
I wasn't expecting anything back from what I have already paid, I never even went for the voucher for missing out on last seasons games.
But it's a bit much asking guys who have already forked out hundreds to dig deep again.
These are not normal times and we love the club so paid the ST money, Mygers and bought the kit, surely it's not asking for the moon for the club to reciprocate and offer something back for the loyalty the ST holders have shown?

Before I make a lady's front bottom of this, as a VST person do I purchase it through the normal RTV site linked to in the op, or so I go through the live.Rangers etc address?

Usual shambolic level of communication from the club. I’m not even going to start on the games for free debate.

just click the link in op

Well once we sell Morelos at minimum £15m, I hope the lot of it is reinvested in the squad.

Or maybe even a small part of it can be refunded to ST holders ...
Again, have you seen the financial accounts? Why would fans be refunded? We knew what we were signing up for. I'll pay for rtv as I am getting to watch the team in return. Its quite simple.

Again, have you seen the financial accounts? Why would fans be refunded? We knew what we were signing up for. I'll pay for rtv as I am getting to watch the team in return. Its quite simple.
We did not know what we signed up for this is bull.
No one knew, we had no idea.
This is being banded about like fact, it is not.
P.S I just paid £9.99 for the game from RTV.

Considering I'd normally be paying like 30 quid (plus travel etc) for the home leg I don't think giving a tenner to the club to watch the game is that bad tbh

Well actually as another poster pointed out, we didn’t fully know what we were signing up for.

When renewing at no point was there talk of a full season behind closed doors, maybe half a season

I get that is outwith the clubs control through.

But back to my point, ST holders have paid more than double the cost of what non ST holders are paying for 19 home league games on a stream.

Bisgrove stated that’s not enough for compensating ST holders and more will be done. We’re still awaiting an update on this one btw ...

It’s not asking too much to give ST holders a few qualifiers for free.

After all, it’s not only the club that have monthly costs to look after ..

Back