Willem II game now available to purchase on Rangers TV £9.99

Quite surprised the bookies have us overwhelming favourites, some have Willem almost 3/1.

Considering this is away from home for me it is not much better than a 50/50 game. Hopefully I’m overestimating their threat.

Im not saying the club shouldn’t sell PPV.

I’m saying they should be sold at a fee in proportion to what ST holders are paying

If they made PPV £30 per match nobody would buy, so the Club would get no additional income. It’s really that simple.

I honestly think it’s too early to judge the Club on this yet. They may offer League Cup and Scottish Cup matches to VST viewers. They may offer discounts on season tickets to those renewing next season. Other clubs have stated they will give a reduction next season equivalent to games missed this season. I don’t see us doing that but I’d expect something.
Patience is a virtue - endless ‘ranting’ not so much.;)

100% agree it’s all noise to keep the precious seat for next term and will be front and centre demanding cash back with no ducks given about financial implications to the club. If I were the club anyone who wants there Season ticket refund should give up there seat and be told to join the waiting list. Harsh but fair imo
You are off on a tangent.
Who said anything about demanding money back from the club?
It was never discussed in this thread but you appear desperate for bears to lose or hand in their season tickets.
Take it you are on the waiting list?

Well the club set the PPV amount

Charge £28 minimum for PPV I doubt many would pay that

I don’t disagree. Hence why I’ve said all along there should be some form of goodwill shown to ST holders who have paid an average of around £30 per home live stream

Still a shambles of a website, and months after the initial nonsense with it the fucking logout button still doesn't work. Amateur hour as ever.

So is this on actual RTV or do I still watch via live.Rangers.co.uk like a normal league game?

Apologies if already covered.
I’ve got a VST but I just used the link in the OP mate. Had to sign in (top right corner). Then go to purchases or whatever the tab is at the top. Then you can buy the game.

It won’t let me log out though. Which is concerning me as I bought it on a different device to the one I’ll be watching it on. That bug has been in place for months. They just don’t give a %^*& at times. I bet if it was the button to confirm purchases it would’ve been fixed by now...

I’ve got a VST but I just used the link in the OP mate. Had to sign in (top right corner). Then go to purchases or whatever the tab is at the top. Then you can buy the game.

It won’t let me log out though. Which is concerning me as I bought it on a different device to the one I’ll be watching it on. That bug has been in place for months. They just don’t give a %^*& at times. I bet if it was the button to confirm purchases it would’ve been fixed by now...
I just bought it but when I log back in it's still showing as 'Buy a Match Pass'.

Yes logging out is pain

I just double click it and then refresh that way you will know if you have logged out

Yes logging out is pain

I just double click it and then refresh that way you will know if you have logged out
Have tried everything mate, even closing the tab etc. When I navigate back I’m still logged in. I don’t want to clear cookies or cache as I’m logged into some work stuff that is a pain in the tits to get back into again.

The point is this should’ve been fixed ages ago. I genuinely cannot think of another website I use or have used where I couldn’t log out.Typical shonky stuff from Rangers. We should be used to it by now sadly.

Have tried everything mate, even closing the tab etc. When I navigate back I’m still logged in. I don’t want to clear cookies or cache as I’m logged into some work stuff that is a pain in the tits to get back into again.

The point is this should’ve been fixed ages ago. I genuinely cannot think of another website I use or have used where I couldn’t log out.Typical shonky stuff from Rangers. We should be used to it by now sadly.

yeah it should have

Maybe they want to hold us captive :eek:

I agree, I'm all for giving the club money but ST holders should be given these games.
Let’s hope someone gets that point across.
We are all paying a lot of money as season ticket holders and getting to see the league home games which others pick up for £10 a game I understand. It’s not sitting very comfortable with me but I’m prepared to wait to see when we can get back to our seats.

Don't mind paying it on top of season ticket as the money goes to the club rather than Premier.

For what its worth, a motherwell season ticket holder at work told me they are getting their Euro games on their VST with no extra to pay.

Don't mind paying it on top of season ticket as the money goes to the club rather than Premier.

For what its worth, a motherwell season ticket holder at work told me they are getting their Euro games on their VST with no extra to pay.

They got their first EL qualifier as a freebie. They didn’t get the Coleraine match on MotherwellTV for virtual season ticket holders. Their game tomorrow against Hapoel Be’er Sheva is PPV, same as ours. Same price as well.

Last edited:

along with Celtic and Aberdeen the home European games were made available to their VST

This has me worried. Just bought the game on my tablet, but I want to watch the match on my laptop and connect it with HDMI cable to my TV.

Should I power the tablet off, it does that still not log me out? Can you just watch one one device?

See above @rangeral. I don’t think they were/are except their first match.

Celtic had 2 home both were made available to VST
Aberdeen had 1 home and was made to VST

Yes I checked

Like Motherwell tomorrow Aberdeen are streaming the match on Red TV

Pay-Per-View available for Sporting CP match priced at £12.99
Season Ticket Holders & AberDNA Premium/Standard members entitled to discounted price of £9.99
Codes will be sent to Season Ticket Holders & AberDNA Premium/Standard members to enable discount

I wonder if there had been a agreement if home then VST are allowed free access.

Will be interesting next week should we get through tomorrow night

This has me worried. Just bought the game on my tablet, but I want to watch the match on my laptop and connect it with HDMI cable to my TV.

Should I power the tablet off, it does that still not log me out? Can you just watch one one device?

If you are having trouble logging out - a regular occurrence sadly - close the tab and close your browser. Clear cache/cookies then open the browser again and go to the RangersTV website, Hopefully this time it will say Login at the top right hand corner - signifying you’ve been logged out.

If you have to leave the browser open in order to clear cache/cookies then simply navigate to a page other than RangersTV before doing so.

Celtic had 2 home both were made available to VST
Aberdeen had 1 home and was made to VST

Yes I checked

Like Motherwell tomorrow Aberdeen are streaming the match on Red TV

Pay-Per-View available for Sporting CP match priced at £12.99
Season Ticket Holders & AberDNA Premium/Standard members entitled to discounted price of £9.99
Codes will be sent to Season Ticket Holders & AberDNA Premium/Standard members to enable discount

I wonder if there had been a agreement if home then VST are allowed free access.

Will be interesting next week should we get through tomorrow night

No idea on the Dhims or Sheep mate but I know Motherwell season ticket holders only got the first match free (as they were promised at season ticket renewal time - first League Cup match OR first EL qualifier). Neither of the next two have been free. Whether that’s to do with home/away I have no idea.

No idea on the Dhims or Sheep mate but I know Motherwell season ticket holders only got the first match free (as they were promised at season ticket renewal time - first League Cup match OR first EL qualifier). Neither of the next two have been free. Whether that’s to do with home/away I have no idea.

Maybe it is to do with the if been at home

Would have been interesting to see if we all had been home tomorrow

If you are having trouble logging out - a regular occurrence sadly - close the tab and close your browser. Clear cache/cookies then open the browser again and go to the RangersTV website, Hopefully this time it will say Login at the top right hand corner - signifying you’ve been logged out.

If you have to leave the browser open in order to clear cache/cookies then simply navigate to a page other than RangersTV before doing so.

Thanks, looks like I am logged out now.
Phew!

Really? You don't remember me hounding Murray and Bain two decades ago? I want nothing but financial stability. But what are we getting for the money if not actual football matches?
If the situation were normalised we'd be paying for the home leg of this tie and it would be a lot more than £9.99.

Just don’t renew then mate. Nobody forces any supporter. I agree it’s poor though especially when no fans are going to be getting their seasons tickets money’s worth any time soon.

The club would do well to consider in only 8 months time they will again be asking for season ticket renewals. People might do a season of goodwill but two years will be difficult for many.

..problem for @Valley Bluenose

Bought many games before the willem game but now encountering this...

Logging in ok on my LG tv as usual

scrolling to “buy match pass” which is fine

click on “buy now” which leads me to a page called “Join the action” which wants me to register to create an account.....which I already have, I have logged in ok does that not suggest that I have already registered?

No way forward for me when this happens. I am stuck and unable to complete the purchase.

Hope you can help.

Last edited:
I totally understand that the club needs our cash to remain competitive but there has to come a point where some goodwill is offered the other way. Will be very interesting to see how the game is priced next week if we progress tomorrow night. My suspicion is that we will all be asked to put our hands in our pockets again.

If this is the case and (as looks more and more likely) we get to attend zero or very close to zero games this season, I don't see how the club can really justify asking for the same again next year. Don't doubt the vast majority will fork out again but that won't be a barometer of how happy fans are to keep doing so, given that demand for STs is likely to be high and if you 'opt out' you are going to have a struggle on your hands to get a ticket back in the near future.

Purchased tonight with Paypal. If you go to RTV Account on top right of screen youll then see confirmation of purchase of Willem ll game. My screen also now shows Buy Match Pass. Be alright on the night. RTV was flawless for Red Imps game in comparison with Premier which was shambolic,

..problem for @Valley Bluenose

Bought many games before the willem game but now encountering this...

Logging in ok on my LG tv as usual

scrolling to “buy match pass” which is fine

click on “buy now” which leads me to a page called “Join the action” which wants me to register to create an account.....which I already have, I have logged in ok does that not suggest that I have already registered?

No way forward for me when this happens. I am stuck and unable to complete the purchase.

Hope you can help.

Sounds to me like you may be on the VST viewers website live.Rangers.co.uk. Try on the regular RangersTV website below. Login via the button on the top right, then go to the Subscribe and Buy tab and purchase the match. Make sure you’ve logged out on the live website first though, that’s important.

To view tomorrow, again login on the RangersTV website and go to the Live tab (top left) to find the match and click on Live Video.

Last edited:
Purchased tonight with Paypal. If you go to RTV Account on top right of screen youll then see confirmation of purchase of Willem ll game. My screen also now shows Buy Match Pass. Be alright on the night. RTV was flawless for Red Imps game in comparison with Premier which was shambolic,

On the “join the action” page that I am getting stuck on the link is https://rangerspayments.streamamg, there is no “rtv account” to click on.

There is also no payment for the game on my bank account. Weird.

Really? You don't remember me hounding Murray and Bain two decades ago? I want nothing but financial stability. But what are we getting for the money if not actual football matches?

What did you expect when you signed up knowing games were going to be behind closed doors with no real way of knowing how long for?

On the “join the action” page that I am getting stuck on the link is https://rangerspayments.streamamg, there is no “rtv account” to click on.

There is also no payment for the game on my bank account. Weird.

sorry to jump in @Valley Bluenose, this exact thing happened to me so hopefully this helps. I went onto RangersTV and logged in, then subscribe & buy and purchased that way. This fixed the problem.

Exactly this. Some people on here coming across like spoilt kids on this thread.
ST holders shouldn't be paying the same price as non ST holders for this game. People can dress that up anyway they want to but it's wrong. I'm paying just shy of £500 many paying more to sit and watch the season in the living room (also MyGers). Fair enough not an issue is what it is.
But non ST holders to have the same experience as me this season are getting home league games at £9.99 lot less per game than ST holders. Again fair enough had to be priced right to attract pay as you go fans.
But for games outwith your ST to have fans that have spent 100s and are genuinely contributing massively to keeping the club viable paying the same as non ST is taking the piss. What exactly is the benefits of a ST this season over game by game? They've got to give ST some benefits over Non ST imo.

ST holders shouldn't be paying the same price as non ST holders for this game. People can dress that up anyway they want to but it's wrong. I'm paying just shy of £500 many paying more to sit and watch the season in the living room (also MyGers). Fair enough not an issue is what it is.
But non ST holders to have the same experience as me this season are getting home league games at £9.99 lot less per game than ST holders. Again fair enough had to be priced right to attract pay as you go fans.
But for games outwith your ST to have fans that have spent 100s and are genuinely contributing massively to keeping the club viable paying the same as non ST is taking the piss. What exactly is the benefits of a ST this season over game by game? They've got to give ST some benefits over Non ST imo.

You’re spot on but don’t expect a genuine reply from those that fail to criticise the club at all

“Aye but the lights need kept on” etc, conveniently ignoring that we rejected 16m for Morelos.

Here’s a thought, if Morelos is punted for 16m+, maybe the club could keep a few hundred grand aside and refund ST holders for the qualifiers we’ve formed out for. Gesture of goodwill of course

Back