MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters

Wade Wilson

Willem11 have 5 first team players missing through injury, including their main striker and top scorer Wriedt.

Translated some of the comments from their Facebook page and it looks like a lot of their fans are worried about this.

We will be just fine tonight

Well we're missing Aribo, Jack, Barker, Roofe etc.

Id be wary of being over confident about an away game in Holland

Tailwind

IF and its a big IF they are indeed down 5 of their best players, he may have a point. But at the same time Gerrard is missing several first picks as well. Going to be a good result to win.
Agree, do we believe that. We’ve been fed that line before. We should still go as strong as we have available

Tailwind

Just saying I'm confident we can go and get a result but in my opinion, I'd rather not play a regular starter and potentially lose them for Sunday.

Willem II also finished fifth in the Eredivisie behind the normal top teams and have only just started their campaign so I feel we're in an overall stronger position.
We definitely have a good chance. Hope you are right to be so confident.

nemessis

Every game for us right now is a one of cup tie, we can not afford to let up for a minute, we let hibs win too many of the tackles and challenges, that can't be allowed to happen in this game or any other game from now on.

andrewmont1

Good to be on a football thread and off the Covid one today. Looking forward to the excitement building up to kick off.

Steve Snedden

I'm expecting a typical Dutch 4-3-3, easy on the eye and a little soft at the back.

The Teds' will have too much for Billy 2.

Let’s Go

Willem11 have 5 first team players missing through injury, including their main striker and top scorer Wriedt.

Translated some of the comments from their Facebook page and it looks like a lot of their fans are worried about this.

We will be just fine tonight

yep - we have heard that before ... livi not playing striker as he’s sold and keeper making debut

the_joker8

Official Ticketer
SG nailed it 100% when he said that if we play anywhere near line we have in Europe then we will go through

thus Game will mirror Midjityland away last season although the danish are better ... we will cut them to shreds at the back .... 3-1 Rangers

erskine bear

To win by 2 away, at a decent Dutch outfit? I’d like more bang for my buck.
A mid table Dutch outfit in reality, we’ve beaten better in Europe. Told you mate, I’m always confident (within reason). Especially when they are essentially missing half their team (allegedly)

We have nothing to fear here, guarantee they will be shitting themselves.

dynamo_rosco

I'd like us to be bold in our team selection tonight.

McGregor

Tav Goldson Helander Barisic

Davis Kamara

Morelos Hagi Kent

Itten​

dynamo_rosco

Can’t see morelos playing in a three behind a striker.
We probably won’t but I don’t see any reason why not. He often gravitates to the right. He tracks back. Link up play is good. Has an eye for a pass.

I’d obviously prefer him up front but I think he’d do well there in the circumstances.

Ticketybloo

Battle Fever is Well and Truly ON. Won't be an easy game but it should be an open honest game with the opposition trying to win the game by playing fast attacking football instead of trying to by Cheating and Kicking Lumps out of Us. Going for a tight 2-1 to the Sons of William. C'mon the Rangers!!!!!!!!!!

GovanFront4

SG nailed it 100% when he said that if we play anywhere near line we have in Europe then we will go through

thus Game will mirror Midjityland away last season although the danish are better ... we will cut them to shreds at the back .... 3-1 Rangers

I don't think we appreciated just how good a result that was against them.

Fancy us tonight, but will be really hard. Fancy us 2-1, no way can we be as bad at the back as we were at the weekend.

Stanley

It could be a close game. Willem will be no pushovers. SG is likely to have the team geared up to minimise the defence mistakes that cost us against the hivs. It’s all about how well we take our chances.

erskine bear

I don't think we appreciated just how good a result that was against them.

Fancy us tonight, but will be really hard. Fancy us 2-1, no way can we be as bad at the back as we were at the weekend.
I commented a few weeks ago saying they were a very good side and some posters had a bit of a dig. Yet they cruised to the league title ahead of a last 16 EL team.

Didn’t get it tbh, wonder if those posters still feel the same with them one home game away from the CL groups.

Kowloon72

You’d rather go out that go through in extra time ?

I would be willing to risk going out by throwing numbers forward in order to go for the win and avoid extra time, yeah. If that meant we got hit on the break it would still have been a risk worth taking IMO.

Kowloon72

I commented a few weeks ago saying they were a very good side and some posters had a bit of a dig. Yet they cruised to the league title ahead of a last 16 EL team.

Didn’t get it tbh, wonder if those posters still feel the same with them one home game away from the CL groups.
I don't watch anything outside us and I really wasn't impressed with them. Never got the hype at the time. Thought they looked like cloggers and were lucky the first leg didn't finish 0-5.

change consent