MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Edge and Chrome are virtually identical under the hood these days so that is odd. Standard advice is to clear cache/cookies and try again. There is a huge issue getting the 'system' to recognise logouts. I logged out this morning - and was shown as such - but for the next hour or so every time I tried to login again I got the 'too many connections' message.
VB,
A wee tech question for you and I'd appreciate it have you have a suggestion.
I've been watching RTV very successfully on my MacBook Air using chrome, so all good (thanks for some previous advice).
However I'd like to share my screen with my non smart TV. Bought a cable, HDMI X USB but unsure how to send the machine display to the TV.

VB,
A wee tech question for you and I'd appreciate it have you have a suggestion.
I've been watching RTV very successfully on my MacBook Air using chrome, so all good (thanks for some previous advice).
However I'd like to share my screen with my non smart TV. Bought a cable, HDMI X USB but unsure how to send the machine display to the TV.

Not sure its HDMI to USB you need mate. Might be mini Display Port. This article covers them all though:

If we lose we can focus on the league but the financial implications could be quite restricting. I'm sure we've got enough to get by them but expect a close game.

I'm not sure about this one. They're no pushovers.

I hope the defence is up for it again after the Hibs' game but Willem II tend to play a more open, attacking type of football compared to most Scottish teams so I think that might suit us.

Will be tough tonight and the poor result at the weekend enhances my pessimism although we should have won comfortably.
However in europe we have been very good away from home the last couple of years and matched better teams than willem II so we hopefully have enough to win.

I'm concerned that without the two leg format we will struggle tonight. Typically we can go and play a tight game, aim for a score draw then get them back to Ibrox. One off, away from home is a massive disadvantage, fans or no fans.

But, if we go out, full focus on the league.

Scottish Premiership
Winners£3.35m
Runners-up£2.3m
Europa League
Group stage qualification£2.67m
Per win£522,000
Per draw£174,000
Group winners£917,000
Group runners-up£458,000
Knockout qualification
Last 32£458,000
Last 16£1,009,000

not sure if anyone has posted this but for anyone who doesn't think Europe is worth it and we should just not bother. Group qualification gets us more than finishing 2nd in Scotland would

We have had easier matches. The one off game IMO gives them a slight advantage especially if we bring Sundays performance tonight. Over 2 legs we would win this but it could go either way with one goal in it.

Scottish Premiership
Winners£3.35m
Runners-up£2.3m
Europa League
Per win£522,000
Per draw£174,000
Group winners£917,000
Group runners-up£458,000
Knockout qualification
Last 32£458,000
Last 16£1,009,000

not sure if anyone has posted this but for anyone who doesn't think Europe is worth it and we should just not bother. Group qualification gets us more than finishing 2nd in Scotland would

That's what I thought as well, money wise we simply need qualification for the group stages.

What happens after that is a bonus because I do know where people come from when they say we need to focus on the league.

Scottish Premiership
Winners£3.35m
Runners-up£2.3m
Europa League
Per win£522,000
Per draw£174,000
Group winners£917,000
Group runners-up£458,000
Knockout qualification
Last 32£458,000
Last 16£1,009,000

The challenge is staying in Europe and maintaining a Title challenge. Our squad is already stretched.

I know nothing about Willem II ,
No reason to doubt us in Europe but im nervous about this one.

i think its the Dutch team factor
i'm sure someone said that they usually finish further down the league and only got the Europa spot as they stopped the league

That's what I thought as well, money wise we simply need qualification for the group stages.

What happens after that is a bonus because I do know where people come from when they say we need to focus on the league.

100%. We only signed Kent last season after qualification for the EL Group Stages was confirmed.

This will be a really tough game tonight considering we are not at full strength by any means.

Rangers are 1.4 to qualify on betfair - seems short to me.

8/1 to win on pens. Willem II are 11/1 to win from spotkicks.

Amazing - how can you be so certain?

Seen it all before.

This is a team that can go beat Braga away then capitulate in the Cup at tynecastle a few days later.

I don't think a prolonged European run is going to do us any favours this season domestically. I get all the financial arugments, and of course theyre valid. But I just don't see us having the strength in depth nor winning mentality to fight a war on two fronts.

If we are to win the league this year, and thats what we all care about far more than last 32 Europa league games, then we're going to need some stars to allign for us. When the mentally challengeds get knocked out of CL qualifiers, thats already one highlight of the season box we can tick off as being very good for us.

If they get into the CL's paucious poorer cousin and we're just focusing on the weekends....well thats the sort of advantage we'll need to win the league.

Away game in Holland is always a hard ask but hopefully we can get through tonight.
2-1 for me. Let's go Rangers.

They sound like the dutch equivalent of a Dundee Utd or motherwell. we have got to fancy ourselves, it not PSV or Ajax

Not overly bothered about the opposition tbh, they are not a Ajax, PSV, Feyenoord or even Alkmaar. Decent side, good attacking options but we should be more than strong enough.

We've seen off much better and I'm not writing them off.

3-1 Rangers.

A mid table Dutch outfit in reality, we’ve beaten better in Europe. Told you mate, I’m always confident (within reason). Especially when they are essentially missing half their team (allegedly)

We have nothing to fear here, guarantee they will be shitting themselves.
Fell like mid table does them a disservice. 3 points off one of the big boys last season iirc. More chasing champs league spots or Europe at least than mid table mediocrity. Granted the Dutch league up isn’t as strong as the big 5 but....

would you describe 6th in England as mid table?

Seen it all before.

This is a team that can go beat Braga away then capitulate in the Cup at tynecastle a few days later.

I don't think a prolonged European run is going to do us any favours this season domestically. I get all the financial arugments, and of course theyre valid. But I just don't see us having the strength in depth nor winning mentality to fight a war on two fronts.

If we are to win the league this year, and thats what we all care about far more than last 32 Europa league games, then we're going to need some stars to allign for us. When the mentally challengeds get knocked out of CL qualifiers, thats already one highlight of the season box we can tick off as being very good for us.

If they get into the CL's paucious poorer cousin and we're just focusing on the weekends....well thats the sort of advantage we'll need to win the league.

I don't think the plan is to go all the way though.
Last season we did very well until the winter stop even while playing several European games. I am also not sure fatigue was the issue given that our problems started right after a pause in football.

Last season we did very well until the winter stop even while playing several European games. I am also not sure fatigue was the issue given that our problems started right after a pause in football.

Not to mention only 3 qualifying games this season vs 8 in the previous 2 seasons.

I have to say I’m not in the least bit concerned about this tie they are an okay side with some decent options however if we play the way we do in Europe we will win this tie with some to spare.

3-1 rangers

Whether Europe adversely affected us last season...it cant be proved or disproved.

Although ultimately it boils down to common logic that you're better prepared for a weekend game if you haven't travelled to the other side of Europe for a game 3 days prior.
It's also logical that your players are less likely to be injured. Would roofe be fit now if we hadnt played him in Gibraltar? Probably.

We spoke on this at the weekend, so i'm already aware you disagree with me.

There needs to be a time, imminently, when this Rangers team steps up and becomes Champions. We need things to work in our favour to do that now. Whether anyone cares to admit it or not, over 38 games Celtic are likely to come out on top. Unless they have hiderances that we don't. Europa league campaigns etc. Cause lets be honest, the Champions League is where we really want to be. The Europa league has generated some great memories but its not where we really need to be....and behind closed doors, aswell, it looses some of its lustre.

Nervous for this 1 tonight not had any nerves before any game last season in Europe as we perform well normally but of late our away form is horrendous

Fell like mid table does them a disservice. 3 points off one of the big boys last season iirc. More chasing champs league spots or Europe at least than mid table mediocrity. Granted the Dutch league up isn’t as strong as the big 5 but....

would you describe 6th in England as mid table?
Would describe 7th-13th as mid table. Willem were 10th and 13th the two years prior, so generally mid table is fair enough IMO. It’s a poor league as you said, Aberdeen beat a team in Holland a few years ago.

IMO this team aren’t near the level of a Maribor for example.

Back