MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters
Just seen highlights of their 4 nil win at the weekend, they played good stuff. Tough game ahead for our defence is they break away as fast against us.

They sound like the dutch equivalent of a Dundee Utd or motherwell. we have got to fancy ourselves, it not PSV or Ajax

Some people just do not learn.

equating willem 11 a very tidy dutch team with a fairly potent attacking trio to motherwell and dundee united.

No its not PSV or Ajax however this will be a very tough game especially as only over 1 leg and its in holland.

we will do well with the injury list we have to come through this tie.

Would describe 7th-13th as mid table. Willem were 10th and 13th the two years prior, so generally mid table is fair enough IMO. It’s a poor league as you said, Aberdeen beat a team in Holland a few years ago.

IMO this team aren’t near the level of a Maribor for example.
Fair points. I concede that.

100%. We only signed Kent last season after qualification for the EL Group Stages was confirmed.

This will be a really tough game tonight considering we are not at full strength by any means.
This I my only concern, but we should have enough quality on the park. My worry is the subs, we don’t have any due to the injuries. Itten and Jones (if fit) are the only ones I can see really getting minutes.

Shouldn't be underestimated and quite potent up front,boy they bought for £450k is quick and very tricky with the ball at his feet,not trying to be negative but not getting carried away either, i'm sitting on the fence with this one.

Willem II have an average age of 24 years old. Vast majority of their team only joined the club within the past year to two years. They have about five players out, two of which would be considered certain starters including their main defender and a Striker. The danger man is the Greek striker, Pavilidis scores a good few goals.

They are only into their season since the end of August. They will have defensive changes but the same midfield and attack maybe 4-3-3. I don't see that they would any better than Midiytilland of
Denmark or Maribor. We should win this one 2 v 0.

I get all the financial arugments, and of course theyre valid. But I just don't see us having the strength in depth nor winning mentality to fight a war on two fronts.

If you get the financial argument you’ll also understand that without EL group stage money, on top of the continuing strain Covid is putting on virtually every clubs finances, we could be forced to sell one or two of our top assets in January to balance the books, which in turn would affect our challenge for domestic honours.

I think Europe has become utterly crucial to our medium to long term health.

If you get the financial argument you’ll also understand that without EL group stage money, on top of the continuing strain Covid is putting on virtually every clubs finances, we could be forced to sell one or two of our top assets in January to balance the books, which in turn would affect our challenge for domestic honours.

I think Europe has become utterly crucial to our medium to long term health.

We'll probably sell Morelos anyway. Morelos fee will command probably multiple times what we'd make from being in a closed doors Europa league campaign.

Lets be candid, it's the poor relative of the Champions League.

I would have killed for some of the ties the mentally challengeds have had in their CL qualifiers. I believe we'll be capable of getting through via the Champions route. But we'll never do that without winning the league. And we're not going to overturn Celtic just on a level playing field. If we both get to the group stages, both then get to the knockout rounds....well, we might go further than them but they'll probably end up winning the league.

We need to use what opportunities we can to overhaul them domestically.

I’ve got an LG smart tv I’ve paid for the game on rtv

can I download an app and watch it on tv?

I’ve also got a firestick if that helps

Yeah mate pretty easy to do. Go on the app, open the video, hit the cast sign in the top right corner and connect to tv.

UEFA have listed our subs, but not starting eleven:

• McLaughlin (GK)

Ughelumba

Defoe

Itten

Patterson

Jones

Balogun

There’s an App - but not for Smart TVs. Smart TV are not recognised as compatible devices as its hit or miss as to whether they will work. The App will work on phones/tablets though and you might be able to cast it to the tv.

Others can advise on Firestick but usually it works via Silk browser on the Firestick.

Make absolutely certain you’ve logged out on one device before trying to login on another. Sometimes it fails to register.

For some reason RTV isn't working on my smart TV. I usually just go to browser > RTV > login. Tonight that's that's not working.

I'll either screen share from tablet or use my 4K HDMI lead and comment laptop to TV.

Sitting waiting in the car and I’m listening to Liam and Paddy coming all over each other on the radio. Utterly creaming themselves.

EisobGTWkAUdmy_

Got a funny feeling this is going to be an open game with plenty of goals.
I don’t have a clue what they will be like but going away from home and winning won’t be easy. My prediction is 2-2 then rangers take it in extra time

Greg Stewart obviously didn't impress last Thursday, not even made the bench since.

Bench shows how light we are in central midfield shambolic Gerrard hasn't addressed this yet

To be fair we are missing two certain starters in Jack and Aribo. However, the Manager has made it clear he wants at least one in for the engine room. Not really down to him if we can’t get the deal over the line. Might be money, might be finding the right player who wants to come. Who knows? We all expected Alfie to be gone by now. That’s maybe come back to bite us.

Last edited:
Back