MOTM Poll Willem II v Rangers - 20:00 Thursday - RangersTV UK & Rest of the World

Your Man of the Match

• Total voters

DocStone

Administrator
Staff member
ePsckGN.png

This will be a big test but they play open football and if we press and overturn the ball we can damage them on the break. Squeaky bottom time tomorrow night , think it will be tight. The game and the bottom.

All focus should be on the winning the league. The big money lies in the Champions league.

Bonus if we win

For the first time I feel nervous about this early eufa tie,thinking about last sunday's result plus the injuries I hope I'm wrong,plus all this shite happening to Gerard and the SPFL,he must be thinking there's no way to get things done in Scotland

Fancy us to go through, but it will be really hard. We have done very well recently in Europe which gives me hope.

The one legged ties make things a bit of a lottery. Over 2 legs I have no doubt we win this tie, over one leg it's a 50/50. Think and hope we will have enough to get the job done. #LetsGo

Tough tie this, however with the team going to come at us and neutral officials we do our thing we should have too much for them.

So the games not on premier sports then? There goes my night in the boozer. Guess I’ll go buy the game on rtv now. I just assumed it’d be on TV. Oh well.

A little nervous about this one, if we don't go through then it should benefit us going for the league but the money will be a massive loss. We have generally played our best stuff in Europe over the last couple of years though, if we play well we should go through.

I take it isn’t on premier? Have that on my phone and be able to catch snippets, either that or I watch tomorrow on RTV

Willem11 have 5 first team players missing through injury, including their main striker and top scorer Wriedt.

Translated some of the comments from their Facebook page and it looks like a lot of their fans are worried about this.

We will be just fine tonight

We’re 8pm now? Glad I checked this thread. Thought we were 4pm.I THINK WE can and will do it, but will be close. 2-1. Morelos to score.

Willem11 have 5 first team players missing through injury, including their main striker and top scorer Wriedt.

Translated some of the comments from their Facebook page and it looks like a lot of their fans are worried about this.

Fell like I’ve heard that one before!

Confident about tonight. I'd be quite happy though if we rested a couple of starters. Maybe bring in Jones and Stewart, give Defoe another run out and Bassey for Barisic. For me, Motherwell is already a must win game on Sunday and we need our strongest players for that.

Confident about tonight. I'd be quite happy though if we rested a couple of starters. Maybe bring in Jones and Stewart, give Defoe another run out and Bassey for Barisic. For me, Motherwell is already a must win game on Sunday and we need our strongest players for that.
a bit arrogant to think we can make those changes and beat a top Dutch team? Especially when we have many injuries already to contend with.

We’re 4/5 to win tonight on SkyBet, they usually don’t offer the best either. Find that a mental price after last seasons performances in Europe.

We have to hope Alfie really wants to show his class at this level and can put in the type of performance that won us so many ties over the last two seasons.

a bit arrogant to think we can make those changes and beat a top Dutch team? Especially when we have many injuries already to contend with.
IF and its a big IF they are indeed down 5 of their best players, he may have a point. But at the same time Gerrard is missing several first picks as well. Going to be a good result to win.

Just saying I'm confident we can go and get a result but in my opinion, I'd rather not play a regular starter and potentially lose them for Sunday.

Willem II also finished fifth in the Eredivisie behind the normal top teams and have only just started their campaign so I feel we're in an overall stronger position.

Got a feeling we'll struggle with this one due to our lack of squad depth at the moment.

Hopefully their injury rumours are true.

Well we're missing Aribo, Jack, Barker, Roofe etc.

Id be wary of being over confident about an away game in Holland

IF and its a big IF they are indeed down 5 of their best players, he may have a point. But at the same time Gerrard is missing several first picks as well. Going to be a good result to win.
Agree, do we believe that. We’ve been fed that line before. We should still go as strong as we have available

Just saying I'm confident we can go and get a result but in my opinion, I'd rather not play a regular starter and potentially lose them for Sunday.

Willem II also finished fifth in the Eredivisie behind the normal top teams and have only just started their campaign so I feel we're in an overall stronger position.
We definitely have a good chance. Hope you are right to be so confident.

Every game for us right now is a one of cup tie, we can not afford to let up for a minute, we let hibs win too many of the tackles and challenges, that can't be allowed to happen in this game or any other game from now on.

Good to be on a football thread and off the Covid one today. Looking forward to the excitement building up to kick off.

I'm expecting a typical Dutch 4-3-3, easy on the eye and a little soft at the back.

The Teds' will have too much for Billy 2.

Back