William “Sandy” Puller Jardine

Dalgety Bear

We lost this great man 4 years ago today. I met him a couple of times in the Blue Room. An absolute gentleman who had time for everyone.

I started attending games just as he left for Hearts. I remember watching him play for Hearts but unfortunately not for us.

Will Sandy go down as our best ever full back?

We lost this great man 4 years ago today. I met him a couple of times in the Blue Room. An absolute gentleman who had time for everyone.

I started attending games just as he left for Hearts. I remember watching him play for Hearts but unfortunately not for us.

Played a sort of sweeper role for Hearts. Absolutely superb. Made Levein into a half decent player, covered all his mistakes and brought him on.

He was a truly world class right back.

A world class player in his day, a great ambassador for the club and, by all accounts, a gentlemen.

A true Ranger.

Never to be forgotten - it is our obligation as older Bears that we pass on to younger Bears memories of the great man that was Sandy Jardine.

DbidXmtWsAE93jJ.jpg

Played a sort of sweeper role for Hearts. Absolutely superb. Made Levein into a half decent player, covered all his mistakes and brought him on.

Just outstanding. I consider myself fortunate to see play him in his final days for us. He was still magnificent for Hearts and ended up player of the year, if I'm not wrong, at the age of 40.
Crazy to think that he could've still done a job for us in the early Souness years.

I knew him through work and Golf and he was a moaning faced shite and loved going in the huff so he didn’t have to talk to anyone.
He was a world class footballer that I was lucky enough to be old enough to have watched and even luckier to get to know him well.

I can’t find it now, but there was a lovely tribute video on Facebook the other day, with a slow version of Sandy in Royal Blue played softly on the piano. I couldn’t comment on that or this as I was totally choked. Would be nice if someone knows the one I’m on about and could post it!

Legend. We'll never see a right back at us witb his ability.

Never knew his middle name was Pullar. Parents should have thought that through!

Back