Willie Collum Getting Some Praise.

I agree. I just think he at least gives things against them.

He has a catalogue of errors though.

Yeah I don't think he is in the Clancy mould, just think he's too rash.

The one time I do back him up though is the penalty he gave us at the Piggery in the 3-1 game and the myth that he wasn't even looking at it...despite their being a picture of him staring right at the incident.

He delivers a good pre dinner grace prayer at referee functions.
Oh Lord heap blessings on the soup, heap blessings on the stovies.
Heap blessings on the tims and Jews, the Muslims and jehovies.
Heap blessings on all gathered here, on absent friends and strangers.
And if there's any blessings left please heap them on the Rangers.

There's your Xmas Dinner grace Bears ;0)

I

I can remember the last line and that was in the late 50's, Amen

It seems that if you're considered a promising ref by UEFA then you're a made man. He has more than a decade of dreadful performances behind him and he has never been demoted or anything.
This exactly. He's been consistently dreadful yet still gets the European games, international games etc.

Seems to be very difficult to find your way back out of the good books.

You know it’s a Collum match without even looking as you’ll hear that fucking whistle go time
And time again.

Trust me. Listen closely. It’s constant

I think he is far too rash. Watch out any time he gives a foul, he always sprints over as if it's about to kick off, when there isn't even a hint of it.
Jack's redcard on Stevie May 2 year ago, the red was out before he'd even blew for a foul that wasn't a foul.

It seems that if you're considered a promising ref by UEFA then you're a made man. He has more than a decade of dreadful performances behind him and he has never been demoted or anything.
So long as it doesn't hurt a big team

Haven't seen the penalty incident mentioned in the OP, but surely VAR has had a worse disaster if it was a clear penalty but not given?

It's there to reverse bad decisions, so either it actually wasn't a penalty or the VAR ref has made the worse mistake as he gets to see it umpteen times on a screen.

PS Collum is still useless.

Agree he’s pish, just like ref standards in Scotland in general, but still a big up from me for daring to give the sheep their vital penalty in extra time in their last draw against the scum.

I don't mind collum in that he has made plenty decisions against Celtic. He isn't scared of them.

But he has a lot of howlers involving us.
He might not be an open cheat like so many of the other SFA referees. However, exactly like the other SFA refs he's shit and not capable of doing the simplest task of the game. Wonder if Scotland's refs just get a slot in UEFA games because UEFA have to give them a space.

Collum is as good a referee as we have in Scotland. Think these threads don't help the situation. We need to improve referees performance in Scotland, constantly slagging of hte ones that try to get it right isn't going to achieve that.

Collum isn't a cheat and does his best. Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be.

Was about to post that! I gave that grace at a works leaving dinner, didn’t go down too well with some!

Also a liar as well as a cheat, highlighted by his nonsense about Roofe pushing the Hamilton defender first, when denying a blatantly obvious penalty earlier this season.

Collum is as good a referee as we have in Scotland. Think these threads don't help the situation. We need to improve referees performance in Scotland, constantly slagging of hte ones that try to get it right isn't going to achieve that.

Collum isn't a cheat and does his best. Don't think he is as bad as he is made out to be.
I agree with this.

Haven't seen the penalty incident mentioned in the OP, but surely VAR has had a worse disaster if it was a clear penalty but not given?

It's there to reverse bad decisions, so either it actually wasn't a penalty or the VAR ref has made the worse mistake as he gets to see it umpteen times on a screen.

PS Collum is still useless.
Was surprised a Scottish ref gets a cl game.
I remember reading that we couldn’t do var as we have no experience.

Think the only person that likes Collum is his boyfriend
gn3.png

I think he is far too rash. Watch out any time he gives a foul, he always sprints over as if it's about to kick off, when there isn't even a hint of it.
Same with cards, he sprints over to brandish cards instead of giving himself a few seconds to consider the situation. I just think he’s poor all told

Was in the Nou Camp watching Barcelona v Olympiakos and much to my disappointment I saw that the refereeing team was Scottish with Colum in the middle.
With Barca coasting right on half time Pique knocks the ball into the Olympiakos net with his arm... as he had already been booked Colum was technically correct to send him off but it all felt so pointless and unnecessary, basically devoid of common sense.
For the rest of the game he got absolute pelters and I decided it was the better part of valour to speak with a plummy English accent.

Was in the Nou Camp watching Barcelona v Olympiakos and much to my disappointment I saw that the refereeing team was Scottish with Colum in the middle.
With Barca coasting right on half time Pique knocks the ball into the Olympiakos net with his arm... as he had already been booked Colum was technically correct to send him off but it all felt so pointless and unnecessary, basically devoid of common sense.
For the rest of the game he got absolute pelters and I decided it was the better part of valour to speak with a plummy English accent.
That sums him up. An idiot. His mistakes are always huge ones.

I don't mind collum in that he has made plenty decisions against Celtic. He isn't scared of them.

But he has a lot of howlers involving us.
I dont think their is a club he hasnt made howlers against. Willie needs to take a few more seconds thinking time to take stock before blowing the whistle. His own worst enemy.

Back