Willie Collum starting as he means to go on this season

they gub teams they should be gubbing, we don’t.

Until this changes we will win fcuk all.
They beat Hamilton with a last minute winner at the piggery last season (after a blatant foul).

We've scored about 30 goals against Hamilton over the last few seasons.

Its a new season, we were miles off form, save your misery for when/if it happens this season.

just like last season and the season before that, we have never been in form for a season for nearly 10 years.
You are slagging off Hamilton for getting gubbed by Celtic and yet making excuses for us getting beat at home with them. You take turd polishing to extreme levels.
We want to beat Celtic and win this league we need around 3/4 quality first team signings and to actually pump the shit teams like Celtic always seem to do.

They look a look a lot quicker going forward than we do, never mind the help they get from refs.
Were we particularly slow when we went forward and scored yesterday?

We broke with pace a few times but the final ball/finish was lacking.

I’d also add that when they get 1 they keep going for more goals

We seem to get 1 then resort to pissing about instead of going to kill a game off which is a big factor in why last season we lost a fair few points from winning positions
That isn’t what happened yesterday at all

Defensively they are pish. Hamilton had 2 really good chances to score with headers, glancing one being a bit harder, the other from about 6 yards should have been on target not over bar, that was at 1-0.

TBH, not so sure on their goal, looks like a coming together, thought the other Hamilton player was slow to react and close down.

Lego should have been booked for pulling the lad down and the 2 yellows to Hamilton I seen were pretty much stick ons, the tackle on ping-pong was a belter

From watching some of their game a few observations

They get a lot more bodies into the box than we do and are happy to launch crosses. We seem reluctant to put many into the box and instead try to pass our way into the net

Edouard looks sharp and is scoring where as Morelos still looks a yard short of being match fit and isn’t scoring yet

Their full backs sneak in at the back post for a cross which is something ours don’t. Barisic and Tav rarely charge in at the back post to get on the end of a cross.

That said, 11 v 11 were more than capable of beating them. However, they seem to carve diddy teams open far easier than we do and IMO a large part of that is due to them not playing with 2 defensive midfielders at home like we do

Morelos isn't scoring yet? We've played 1 game and the only goal was set up by terrific play by Morelos who also had a very good game.

Blatant foul in the lead up to their first goal. Accies actually looked decent going forward at times and were well in it first half. They were absolutely not sitting in, so impossible to compare with the sheep.

Poor defending from their left back meant game over.

For the record, in case the Uber staunch are keeping score, I went to Hamilton Grammar, so keep an eye on Accies scores. 1-4 was my limit.

Absolutely not a foul what so ever on the Hamilton player , pathetic man , folk like you slag that lot
Across the city for this sorta pish , never a foul in its life either way.

Were we particularly slow when we went forward and scored yesterday?

We broke with pace a few times but the final ball/finish was lacking.

Goal aside, I can’t recall us creating another decent chance until Aribo in the 92nd minute whilst against 10 men.

That in itself is the issue we have against teams that sit in. We can’t break them down. We are incapable of mixing our game up by getting bodies into the box and firing crosses in. Instead it’s pass, pass, pass, across the way, back, across the way, back.

Morelos isn't scoring yet? We've played 1 game and the only goal was set up by terrific play by Morelos who also had a very good game.

He also featured in all of our pre season games at some point and barely managed a shot on target let alone a goal.

They pumped St Johnstone 7-0 at home in the first game last season. St Johnstone then went on to finish in a solid mid table position. Playing at home they are beating an appalling Hamilton side who've weakened significantly from last season and are almost certs to go down. We've shown an ability to more than compete against them one on one, and will do so again this season.

This result tells you nothing about the relative standing of us and them at the end of the season. If we can't produce similar results against dross like Hamilton home and away, then we don't deserve to win a league title.

From watching some of their game a few observations

They get a lot more bodies into the box than we do and are happy to launch crosses. We seem reluctant to put many into the box and instead try to pass our way into the net

Edouard looks sharp and is scoring where as Morelos still looks a yard short of being match fit and isn’t scoring yet

Their full backs sneak in at the back post for a cross which is something ours don’t. Barisic and Tav rarely charge in at the back post to get on the end of a cross.

That said, 11 v 11 were more than capable of beating them. However, they seem to carve diddy teams open far easier than we do and IMO a large part of that is due to them not playing with 2 defensive midfielders at home like we do
One thing also is set pieces ... attacking they look dangerous but defensively Hamilton have had a few free headers in the box that should have been punished

Are you at it? The guy is running out to try and block a cross and he’s blocked/tripped.
Desperate and a bit of a riddy to post a thread about this to be honest.

Scraping the bottom of the barrel.

At least make it a thread about an incident thats worth talking about

They look a look a lot quicker going forward than we do, never mind the help they get from refs.

I watched up until the first goal. Middle to front they have players who are very direct, turn in tight spaces and play it forward. We need to achieve something similar with our front line

Goal aside, I can’t recall us creating another decent chance until Aribo in the 92nd minute whilst against 10 men.

That in itself is the issue we have against teams that sit in. We can’t break them down. We are incapable of mixing our game up by getting bodies into the box and firing crosses in. Instead it’s pass, pass, pass, across the way, back, across the way, back.
You reckon firing crosses in towards Scott McKenna and Ash Taylor would’ve been a useful tactic? I don’t.

We were wasteful in the final third but there were more than a couple of occasions where we should have made the most of a numerical advantage after a quick break.

He also featured in all of our pre season games at some point and barely managed a shot on target let alone a goal.

Pre season games mean absolutely nothing other than getting minutes into the players legs. As I said Morelos was very good yesterday and there should be no concerns at all about his contribution other than another club might make an offer thats too good to refuse.

Said it yesterday, goal difference will be huge this year, we need to be scudding teams at home, starting with St Boo next week.

Gentlemen please calm down.

It's been a good start to the season. A win at pittodrie and I'd like to think no one even considered hamilton pulling off a result today.

Long long way to go.

I watched up until the first goal. Middle to front they have players who are very direct, turn in tight spaces and play it forward. We need to achieve something similar with our front line

We need a player who will run directly at defences or even an old school striker, if even to force the opposition to concede edge of the penalty area fouls. Playing across the pitch is time consuming and useless against teams who sit-in.

You reckon firing crosses in towards Scott McKenna and Ash Taylor would’ve been a useful tactic? I don’t.

We were wasteful in the final third but there were more than a couple of occasions where we should have made the most of a numerical advantage after a quick break.

Not every cross has to be hung up in the air.

If we also got more than Morelos into the box, we’d have more chance of getting on the end of a cross

Not every cross has to be hung up in the air.

If we also got more than Morelos into the box, we’d have more chance of getting on the end of a cross
“Just get it in the boax” plays right into Aberdeen’s hands. Thankfully our management team were aware of this.

Their pace and relentless play going forward is like night and day compared to us.

We are still a way off no matter what folk are saying

There playing Hamilton at home
Let’s see how good they are next Sunday

Checked their score just now. Interesting that the match stats state 4 fouls for them. 5 fouls for accies. 2 bookings for accies.
Going to be a long season for us.
Checked again. 9 fouls for them. 7 for accies.
1 booking them, 3 bookings accies.

Do the referees just rack up early bookings against that mob so they can send a player off when required, or is it a case that that mob don't foul as bad as any other club?

Apologies for the link to the tweet, but have a look at the blatant foul in the lead up to their goal, Hamilton player tripped and Collum waves play on as if it were the other way about.

Get used to it lads we’re in for a tough season. As Clancy said publicly, they know what’s at stake for their team.
To be fair, a Tim player was fouled in the lead up also earlier in the passage.

We need to sit back and let them come out,they'd look stupid just sitting there flicking the ball about. Need to draw them out

It has been our issue since SG arrived and worryingly it was on show yesterday (as well as 1st 45 against Civentry last week). SG continually mentions our inability to beat the low block but from what I witnessed yesterday we do not appear to have found an answer, our play yesterday was the exact same as previous season, full of slow sideway passes going nowhere.

Jesus Christ.

Get off your knees ffs they're beating a bunch of kids in Hamilton jerseys at home ffs.

Pathetic cucks.

Their pace and relentless play going forward starting from the middle is like night and day compared to us.

We are still a way off no matter what folk are saying
there is a massive difference in the teams we played tho. the sheep done %^*& all but sit back and defend. hamilton have actually tried to get forward and attack and left massive space in behind dozens of times. i agree tho we still dont look up to scratch yet but to compare that lots game today with ours away at one of our toughest opposition is wrong

See that f@@king statement!!! Just not if it’s Rangers. :rolleyes:
It's like the idiots saying who cares if they have easier start to season because we have to play everyone anyway.
No we fuckin don't because of the stupid split.
And think of the league as 3 rounds. So if they have easier teams at home in first round of games,that means they have the same easy round in the 3rd round of games. By the time the last round of games appear..the split comes along.

there is a massive difference in the teams we played tho. the sheep done %^*& all but sit back and defend. hamilton have actually tried to get forward and attack and left massive space in behind dozens of times. i agree tho we still dont look up to scratch yet but to compare that lots game today with ours away at one of our toughest opposition is wrong
I just mean in general. It’s not an isolated incident. Our issue is an immobile midfield holding us down. Gerrard needs to address it

Back