Willie Collum starting as he means to go on this season

Very true lol but you knew what I was meaning.
They are going for a 10 and quadruple treble from last season and if they win a 5 bagger this season.
Putting your head in the sand and denying they are a very good team who will strengthen means we need to do some amazing business in the transfer market to get the consistency needed to win a title.
Right now I don't think we are there as it stands.
You might and that's great but I don't right now

The last time I saw them play we beat them comfortably in their own middden with one of their biggest fans masquerading as a referee.

Yes we need to strengthen and we will but some of the sycophantic shite posted on this thread is an embarrassment and a fair whack of it posted by mentally challengeds.

Hamilton were well beaten as most of us expected let’s focus on us and what we do the Tim’s will win most weeks we have to better them

Heard this for last 4 years answer is they know how to win at any cost.
They have the better players and get results.
If they qualify for champions league they will spend and pull further away
The three games we played them last season in two of them we were the better team.

It's hard not to agree with this tbh. I said in this thread earlier, I watched up until their first goal. Going forward, they seem a lot more cohesive than us. They have guys who can pick up the ball, back from goal, turn and play it forward. They're a lot better at operating in tight spaces around the box than us.
I think we've got players in Aribo, Hagi (and looks like Zungu next week) who have it in their locker to do similar. Really need these guys to gel quickly.
Gel quickly means a game or two tops which isn’t great but it’s all we’re going to get I’m afraid

Apologies for the link to the tweet, but have a look at the blatant foul in the lead up to their goal, Hamilton player tripped and Collum waves play on as if it were the other way about.

Get used to it lads we’re in for a tough season. As Clancy said publicly, they know what’s at stake for their team.
Clutching at straws here there is no way that’s a foul. Please stop being paranoid you are in danger of Turing into one of them

The last time I saw them play we beat them comfortably in their own middden with one of their biggest fans masquerading as a referee.

Yes we need to strengthen and we will but some of the sycophantic shite posted on this thread is an embarrassment and a fair whack of it posted by mentally challengeds.
We can be brilliant in a one off game it's over 38 we can't get it done.
That's a fact.
Will it be different this season we all hope so but right now I don't think we have the players to win the league.
Not enough winners

In the bi
The three games we played them last season in two of them we were the better team.
In the games yes we can be very good
What about hearts or Kilmarnock etc
Over 38 games we struggle to get it done.
2 years in a row we bombed after winter break when the pressure was on.
To many serial losers in our team.

It's like the idiots saying who cares if they have easier start to season because we have to play everyone anyway.
No we fuckin don't because of the stupid split.
And think of the league as 3 rounds. So if they have easier teams at home in first round of games,that means they have the same easy round in the 3rd round of games. By the time the last round of games appear..the split comes along.

Exactly this !

And whilst they will be looking forward to a breeze against Hamilton at Porkheid in early spring, we will be looking at another trip to Shitoddrie.

Wish I could be bothered to research the fixtures over the last few seasons BUT

Random fixture allocation my arse, It's a massive carve up !

My thoughts too but many on here are becoming as obsessive as the Tims.
Its embarrassing some on here are starting to make us seem as obsessed and deluded as the Tim's were during the 90s crying it's a conspiracy. Forget about the refs and forget about them, let's so our talking by blowing away the opposition on the park by outplaying them. Stop with the whole they are out to get us nonsense.

Am I wrong though they batter teams from first whistle to the last relentless attacking it gets them results.
Our game yesterday had the same patterns of play as we have had the last two seasons.
Dominant in possession with no cutting edge.
Its a worrying sign.
The addition of more quality could reverse that and give us a chance
You have an unhealthy hardon for their style of play. I must have missed the fact we won yesterday, in the opening game of the strangest season ever, at a ground we have struggled at the last few years.

Edit. Read more of your posts. Oh lord.

Apologies for the link to the tweet, but have a look at the blatant foul in the lead up to their goal, Hamilton player tripped and Collum waves play on as if it were the other way about.

Get used to it lads we’re in for a tough season. As Clancy said publicly, they know what’s at stake for their team.

Surprise surprise , not even picked up by the commentary team.

You have an unhealthy hardon for their style of play. I must have missed the fact we won yesterday, in the opening game of the strangest season ever, at a ground we have struggled at the last few years.

Edit. Read more of your posts. Oh lord.
Don't tell me I'm a mentally challenged because I have a different opinion.
I said it was a good win but had a similar look to last 2 seasons.
Dominated the ball plenty possession not much cutting edge final third hardly worked their keeper.
We need more quality that's my opinion. right now I don't think we are good enough.
By October 5th I hope we are.
Options on the bench still to weak Gerrard using one sub proves that to me

Don't tell me I'm a mentally challenged because I have a different opinion.
I said it was a good win but had a similar look to last 2 seasons.
Dominated the ball plenty possession not much cutting edge final third hardly worked their keeper.
We need more quality that's my opinion. right now I don't think we are good enough.
By October 5th I hope we are.
Options on the bench still to weak Gerrard using one sub proves that to me
You are right in that their is an unhealthy obsession with people who want us to improve on a winning performance, instead of react to a bad one.

As for the mentally challengeds rag dolling teams.
You are wrong, I find myself having to watch them for want of a better way to put it.
Hamilton could have been 2 up.
Could easily have been 3-3. And celtic got the rub of the green.
We will beat teams like Hamilton by 5 goals at home.

Comparing us at Aberdeen and them at home to Hamilton offers limited insight into our respective strengths/weaknesses.

We've just taken 3 points from one of our most difficult games of the season.
His points still stand. They have goals throughout their team, it's why they're able to constantly win games even when they play poorly, because they have players all over the pitch at any one time who can grab a goal out of nowhere. We seem to be doing everything to ignore adding goals to our team when we're signing players like Zungu to go with midfielders already at the club like Jack, Kamara and Davis. We still lack a reliable goal scorer in either of the "10's" and we're overly reliant on our strikers to score which is a big part of why we fell apart after the winter break because Alfie couldn't hit a barn door. Absolutely none of that has changed and it will cost us the league because we'll have enough games where we only have 1 player on the pitch who can score at any sort of regular pace and he might be sold.

His points still stand. They have goals throughout their team, it's why they're able to constantly win games even when they play poorly, because they have players all over the pitch at any one time who can grab a goal out of nowhere. We seem to be doing everything to ignore adding goals to our team when we're signing players like Zungu to go with midfielders already at the club like Jack, Kamara and Davis. We still lack a reliable goal scorer in either of the "10's" and we're overly reliant on our strikers to score which is a big part of why we fell apart after the winter break because Alfie couldn't hit a barn door. Absolutely none of that has changed and it will cost us the league because we'll have enough games where we only have 1 player on the pitch who can score at any sort of regular pace and he might be sold.

A lot of (negative) conclusions drawn from analysing 90 minutes into the season. It's particularly odd given that we comfortably took care of one of our most difficult games.

A lot of (negative) conclusions drawn from analysing 90 minutes into the season. It's particularly odd given that we comfortably took care of one of our most difficult games.
I'm happy we won but there's negativity because we created very little and it felt like a replay of the last two years, play that game 10 times and we likely draw a good few of those, we got lucky that they had one moment their defence completely spread apart and Kent took his chance. It might take a while but eventually it's going to come back to hurt us if more isn't done to add goals to the side and it doesn't look like that's happening

My mate said sky are actually using Celtic songs, Celtic boys in green in particular as the crowd noise ?
Wtaf

Trying to be as open minded as i can here but i don't see much of a foul?

A coming together

Certainly not blatant.
I tend to agree with you but I have asked myself the question, if this was up the other end and led to a Hamilton goal would have it stood? Not a chance !!!!

contrast this game, with the way St Mirren line up next Saturday at Ibrox.

Hamilton look open and are in no way sitting in, St Mirren will play a block of 10 sitting in the the final third, it will stifle us and a moment of magic aside we will struggle.

we look quick going forward in Europe because teams don’t sit in, we have to learn how to deal with this

Tough, tough match we have next weekend. We struggled to break them down last season &
they have improved their defence with new signings.

After a midweek trip to Germany, it'll be a difficult 90 minutes.

I'll accept 1.0, no injuries & no reds right now.

Exactly this !

And whilst they will be looking forward to a breeze against Hamilton at Porkheid in early spring, we will be looking at another trip to Shitoddrie.

Wish I could be bothered to research the fixtures over the last few seasons BUT

Random fixture allocation my arse, It's a massive carve up !

But surely then the onus is on us to keep the pressure (or be top) by the split which means we've got an easy gig Vs their harder ones away at pittodrie?

There are some things which don't help typically and they seem to get favourable things like the opening game etc but we look into the fixtures too much sometimes.

It's like the idiots saying who cares if they have easier start to season because we have to play everyone anyway.
No we fuckin don't because of the stupid split.
And think of the league as 3 rounds. So if they have easier teams at home in first round of games,that means they have the same easy round in the 3rd round of games. By the time the last round of games appear..the split comes along.
We had the "easier" fixtures last year as it swaps around who you play at home in round 1 every season.

We got beat at home to Hamilton and completely collapsed in our very easy round 3 fixtures.

These excuses and paranoid fantasies are embarrassing. We should be above that.

Even if the refs didn't help, did anyone seriously think Hamilton would get a result. This is a team that barely keep themselves in the division each year.

Not trying to be staunch here but I do not watch any Scottish Football other than our games. The standard is fucking atrocious and there is literally nothing of interest. There are no stand out players for any team that excite and make you think I will watch just to see this guy play. I certainly don't watch their games, I will watch the highlights if they get beat but not 90 minutes of Walker and Crocker salivating over Celtic and trying to sell off Celtic players to the highest bidder. I bet Crocker was touting Edouard throughout the game.

We hardly worked Lewis in their goal that's the pattern of play from last season dominate possession with some lovely football but no real cutting edge struggling to break down 2 banks of 4 or 5 at times.
At least we have stopped getting wide and hitting in endless amounts of crosses that are easy to defend

My mate said sky are actually using Celtic songs, Celtic boys in green in particular as the crowd noise ?
Wtaf
They done the same in English games, songs from the support of the teams. I'm sure I read it's the same crowd noise you get on Fifa.

Checked their score just now. Interesting that the match stats state 4 fouls for them. 5 fouls for accies. 2 bookings for accies.
Going to be a long season for us.
Six fouls and hamilton had three yellows scum got theirs near the end on the ninth foul. Found it strange why Bbc txt had no names and fouls

They done the same in English games, songs from the support of the teams. I'm sure I read it's the same crowd noise you get on Fifa.
Did they use any of our songs for pittodrie?
Would’ve been good to hear the billy boys :cool:

I must be one of the few on here that thinks that Collum is a decent ref as in a pretty fair ref, who isn't scared to give strong decisions against them. There's a lot more worse than him.

Back