Willie collum

Not convinced he would have gave the red himself to be honest, but had a decent game apart from being a bit lenient with repeated fouling by them.

He made an arse of it at their second. Brown kicked out. It was a foul. If u disagree. Later in the half he gave them a foul as one of our followed thru. He pooped it. Should of chopped of the goal.

Honest had a good day but i do question how the leggo eater escapes bookings when players on both sides are booked for 1 or 2 fouls he must have been punished about a dozen times.
WATP and always will be

Apart from not booking Brown he did alright

I dont think he is a great ref but he is the only one in Scotland that will (on occassion) give big decisions against celtic.

He let Scott Brown foul his way through the game like he does most games. I counted at least 5/6 fouls and never got booked. Same with dembele up front have away 4 fouls before being booked.

Every ref in the country is afraid to book brown. They seem afraid of him being in their faces

Also needs to remember the rules on gestures to opposition fans when scoring goals.

We all remember Halliday at Morton yet Rogic can cup his hands at the fans and no punishment.

Teflon Broon as usual. 2 fouls for Candeias with a booking yet about 8 for the mongo with no booking.

He was very good.

OF games are always going to have a number of fouls. He did well not to over-react to the nonsense ones early and then he stayed consistent throughout. The only vaguely contentious decisions were made by his assistants and I thought he did well to listen to the guys with the better views.

I sometimes think he anticipates decisions and sees what he thinks is going to happen but today he was pretty calm, waited for the action to happen and then gave himself time before pulling out the cards.

I thought he had a decent game today.
Generally let the game flow (apart from a few incidents), and wasn't afraid to call fouls and book players from either side.

It may well be the first game that many young Gers fans have seen us get a fair share against Celtc.

Infuriatingly, it may also be the last time for a while we get such even-handed treatment against them.
What an opportunity thus wasted.

Not usually one for praising them however thought collum had a decent game by usual standards and allowed football to be played.

I can't agree.

Ref didn't book septic players for obvious fouls in significant places at significant times, (Brown was best example of this).

Ref didn't play advantage when we had good possession, instead, he stopped the game and gave us free kicks, I think he was trying to kill the momentum of the game and prevent it getting heated.

Ref cannot take any credit for Red Card, (his assistant instructed him to issue the red card).

It looks to me like, Brown has some sort of diplomatic immunity, he runs around doing what he wants and making fouls off the ball to break-up the play, (ie. deliberately obstructing players who are trying to play a one-two).

You can be sure, the players would have been visited by, the match commander, (Police Commander at the game), and warned not to insight the crowd by acting in an aggressive and or violent manner etc.

Peter Liewell, in his position at the sfa will have some sort of influence over the ref department and refs who want to be appointed to the big games, won't want to upset him.

The ref being, ''the best of a bad lot'', doesn't make him a good ref.

He’s not a brilliant ref, not by a long way. But by an equally long way he’s the best in Scotland, and in part that’s because he’s prepared to make big decisions against them. He might not be brilliant but I believe he’s honest.

Really the only bone of contention with him today was his refusal to book Brown for any or all of his 6 fouls.

29101894_1600522369982813_3989544084158021632_n.jpg

He is the best of a very bad lot, but gave us nothing today. The sending off was nothing to do with him , assistant's call. Why isn't Brown booked for persistent fouling? There is no way one of our players gets away with that number of fouls. Picture above is shocking.

Apart from not booking Rogic for his provocative celebration and then brown for celebrating with his arms outstretched looking right into the main stand when Dembele scored he was very good. Best OF refereeing performance in years

Don't think the picture above with Rogic could have been punished to be honest as was the follow through from his shot for the goal with Bates jumping in.

Would be interesting to see at the end of the season the number of fouls to card count for all players in the SPL.

The only mistake he made was letting Brown away with far too many fouls, but he got the big calls right and was in no way whatsoever to blame for us losing.

Back