WIllie Johnston on John McMaster

A big time blast from the past , I was at this game in the main stand it happened right in front of me
You must have been sitting near me Steve, knew straight away it was a sending off. With hindsight and Neil Simpson it's a pity bud didn't end the kvnts carreer.

I remember that vividly, I was only 9. I think I was in the Centenary Stand.

Incidentally I have been looking for that clip over the years and could never find it so cheers for posting OP.

At the time I remember my auld man saying 'ach McMaster is a pape he deserves it'. And I wonder how I am so fcked in the heid nowadays.

Right in front of me (In West Enlosure that night)

same mate !

reference the return leg at sheepville we were again cheated with a last min pen for Aberdeen with strachan getting fouled at least 2 yards outside the box but diving inside and the effin ref giving the pen :(

It would have been the second leg, and dolly went through via a quite diabolical penalty decision given against Colin Jackson. The tackle (due to his atrocious first touch) was well outside the box.

I think the referee was George Smith.

As for the first leg and wee bud's behaviour? Nah, that's not how you're supposed to remember your childhood idol.
Penalty was definitely outside the box, Jackson on Strachan IIRC.those were the days that was our end, before being moved to the Beach end

Wee Wullie Johnston was crazier than a box of frogs but he was another one who suffered because of an unfair reputation. He got kicked to feck all over the shop with no protection from the officials but they were quick enough with the cards when he reacted.

I remember that vividly, I was only 9. I think I was in the Centenary Stand.

Incidentally I have been looking for that clip over the years and could never find it so cheers for posting OP.

At the time I remember my auld man saying 'ach McMaster is a pape he deserves it'. And I wonder how I am so fcked in the heid nowadays.

Centenary stand was gone by that game.

The Late night papers had the Scottish media scum claiming the kiss of life was given
Lying bastards
See bears, it's not a new thing with the media

I was 7 years old down the front of the west enclosure with a perfect view

still remember it like yesterday

chilling stamp

now as an adult and after watching the shite we have to endure from those bastards

well done bud

A McMaster deflection into his own net helped us win the League Cup Final in 1979. :)

2 minutes 10 seconds into the clip.

Completely misread the thread title, I thought Bud was giving us his take on the incident, I didn't think it was literally "on". :)

Back