Willie Miller

HiHi Bear

See he is spouting nonsense about binning sporting integrity!
He lost me back in 1982 World Cup when he screwed up against soviets/Russia
Btw thought he was a bluenose

Sporting integrity should be binned? Pretty sure it was when Aberdeen were relegated not once but twice and never went down.

Motherwell were also relegated and never went down. Scottish football likes sporting integrity as long as it’s not in Rangers favour it would seem.

Hes a fud. Best remembered for a daft moustache, chasing refs and keeping a far superior player from Liverpool out the Scotland side. And talking piffle

From the Evening Express -

When the coronavirus outbreak started I was all for the integrity of football and finishing the league. Yet the longer this crisis goes on, the tighter the window to finish the leagues becomes.

If the leagues can be finished that would be the ideal scenario but that is looking less likely if an end of June deadline is enforced by Uefa.

Ultimately integrity may have to be binned and pragmatism take over with hard decisions made. No one will be happy with these decisions but we are in tough times and tough calls need to be made.

Then you freeze the table and it will come down to what a club has done throughout the season before the shutdown.

Celtic look like they will have won the league title regardless.

Unfortunately for Hearts, they have had a poor season and are bottom of the Premiership while Dundee United have run away with their league in the second tier.

If the league has to be cut off at the point it was initially halted due to the coronavirus clubs will have to accept that and legal action would not be the way to go.

Clubs bottom of the league have had plenty of opportunities to get away from there this season.

Relegation would be difficult to take, but affected clubs must ultimately accept it and move on to look forward to when this virus is finally beaten.

Then plans can be put in place to resurrect that club going forward.

Every club is going to be affected financially by the shutdown and Aberdeen have confirmed they are no different.

Huge decisions need to be made within Scottish football soon and they must be guided by Uefa.

Football is in a holding situation at the moment.

There is a lot of hope out there that the season can be finished but in reality is that really going to happen?

Uefa are talking optimistically about finishing seasons by the end of June but I don’t think that will be practical.

Particularly with the way the coronavirus is spreading here and the measures that have been introduced by the United Kingdom and Scottish governments.

If Uefa issue a direct mandate that all leagues must finish by the end of June I don’t see that happening.

It is when that becomes impossible that tough decisions must be made.

The season cannot be made null and void, that should not be an option.

You would just have to take the current league position and make those tough calls on titles and relegation.

There could also be an argument for league reconstruction with no relegation and promotion is achieved. That could result in one league fewer than the current four division set-up and we increase the amount of teams in each league.

Dave Cormack has revealed the financial implications of the shutdown for Aberdeen.
Uefa must be strong and give directives to all European countries soon.

As as we go through April we will have a clearer picture of how this virus is being controlled and the medical advice on being able to move people around again. However the statements coming from the health authorities are that will take some time.

Uefa have to give guidelines of what to do this season and how that will impact next season.

I don’t see playing games behind closed doors as has been mooted down south going ahead.

There could be a window before the end of the year to finish the Scottish Cup. It would only be three games and should happen.

Hopefully we will have this virus under control by the end of the year.

Three cup games is easy to fit into next season’s calender. It would also bring revenue for clubs involved.

Assuming he's saying the poets should be named league winners?

Edit- Quote now posted- guy is a bufoon. How's your restaurant going you paedo-tache faced prick?

In summary - mhanky mhob champions, Hearts relegated (or league reconstruction), Dundee Hibs promoted, season can't be voided, and, if nothing else, we can still play the Scottish Cup to a completion

In summary - mhanky mhob champions, Hearts relegated (or league reconstruction), Dundee Hibs promoted, season can't be voided, and, if nothing else, we can still play the Scottish Cup to a completion
Another cheerleader by the looks of it, I take it he still works for the bbc ? If so that explains it

Drip, drip, drip - keep saying the same thing over and over again even although it is fundamentally wrong and eventually people will just accept it believing it to be true and anyone saying otherwise is treated as being stupid or unreasonable.
That is what is happening here - every single day some idiot repeating their claim that the season can't be voided and that they should be champions.
Eventually, and without the mhanky mhob themselves saying anything more on the subject, this will be accepted.

Looks like the people are working behind the scenes and doing deals to get what they want.
How long will it be till all the european money due to rangers and celtic is spread evenly across all the clubs in scotland for the sake of the game. That is what is coming next, it hurts us more than Celtic.
Hollicom working overtime this week ?

Sporting Integrity is long gone in mutton land when their shite team finished bottom and were not relegated due to Falkirk not having a 10k seater stadium at the time.

Lo and behold they welcomed Inverness to ground share with them when they came up despite not meeting the same criteria........

I’m actually confident our board will fight any decision to award a league title that hasn’t been won.
And I’m confident they will fight any proposal to increase the number of teams in the SPL.
I’ve said before I’m pretty certain you have to give a decent period of notice of intent to push through any such changes.
Lawyers on standby.

Willie Miller was probably one of the best referees to have come out of Scotland during the 70's AND 80'S , He should have went full time once his playing days were over .

Yes Willie, lets get rid of integrity!!
Maybe mr Miller never had any in the first place.

I’m actually confident our board will fight any decision to award a league title that hasn’t been won.
And I’m confident they will fight any proposal to increase the number of teams in the SPL.
I’ve said before I’m pretty certain you have to give a decent period of notice of intent to push through any such changes.
Lawyers on standby.
Can't act in an ad-hoc manner, liewells own words in 2008. If all these league reconstruction changes happen it's the proof once and for all it was to 'give' celtc a title they hadn't yet won. Most corrupt league in the world.

They admitted only a few days ago that they were in serious financial difficulties.
He’s been wheeled out with his “ voice of reason “ long statement.
I said at the time I have no sympathy for a club who sing about the Ibrox disaster and Ian Durrant with such pleasure.
They also would rather have thousands of empty seats than sell them to us or Celtic and lose out on a small fortune.
Tough shit.

he would know all about legal battles , he lost everyone as every company he had was made bankrupt ..... 5 times i think

The season cannot be made null and void, that should not be an option.

Er ... why is that ?
In the most recent, closest precedent to this crisis that spans the entire globe (World War 2), that's exactly what happened in the 1939-40 season.

The seaon can either be stopped and no winners nor losers decided upon, or it could even be made "null & void".

There is NO reason why either of those options couldn't be taken.
Why is that it "should not" be an option ?

What's the reason for that "should not" ???

So far as I know, the main European country in WW2 that continued with top level football league titles, etc, in the face of global turmoil, was Nazi Germany.
Are THEY to be what we "should" be following ??

Last edited:
Three cup games is easy to fit into next season’s calendar for clubs not in Europe that should read and who the feck wrote it with spelling mistakes

Three cup games is easy to fit into next season’s calendar for clubs not in Europe that should read and who the feck wrote it with spelling mistakes
From the online version of the Evening Express and noted as "by Willie Miller" so all his own work. Spelling mistakes and all.

Has anyone explained why null and void cannot be allowed to happen yet? Or is just a line being repeated by all and sundry in the media

Miller is a hypocrite.
I really wish these people/ ex players who have no right whatsoever to preach their agenda would just gtf. The day I pay heed to the likes of Miller , Sutton and Brazil I’ll give up.
I’m sure Miller wouldn’t be spouting off if Aberdeen were where Hearts are sitting.

Original reason was that sponsors, TV Companies, Season Ticket holders could all claim a refund on money paid - it was pointed out that this would be the case whether it was null and void, incomplete, or played behind closed doors.
Now they just repeat the line that it can't happen and it goes unquestioned - drip, drip, drip

I’ve read a lot of garbage from Scottish pundits over the years, the majority of what’s been written to be honest, but that’s up there with the worst of it.

Last edited:
More absolute bile....
Had enough of these fckn rhats being dragged out and their necks being wrung until they regurgitate the party line..

Back