Willie Miller

Drip, drip, drip - keep saying the same thing over and over again even although it is fundamentally wrong and eventually people will just accept it believing it to be true and anyone saying otherwise is treated as being stupid or unreasonable.
That is what is happening here - every single day some idiot repeating their claim that the season can't be voided and that they should be champions.
Eventually, and without the mhanky mhob themselves saying anything more on the subject, this will be accepted.
Lawell has the papers and is going round paying one Lackie and another put his agenda forward

So, it's Willie Miller today!

"Celtic look like they will have won the league title regardless." - have Celtic won the title Willie? Not "look like they will", have they won it?

"Unfortunately for Hearts, they have had a poor season and are bottom of the Premiership......Clubs bottom of the league have had plenty of opportunities to get away from there this season." - have Hearts been relegated Willie? The answer is no. Are there enough games left in this season's fixture list for Hearts to escape relegation? The answer is yes. But some want to just pick a team to demote from the league.

"Relegation would be difficult to take, but affected clubs must ultimately accept it and move on" - so just suck it up then? Willie Miller has decided!

Choosing a champion and choosing who to remove from the league is just not on. Though Willie has told clubs the legal route is not the way to go.

How anyone can argue that gifting a league title to a club that have not won the league, or relegating a club who have not been relegated, is fair is beyond me.

See he is spouting nonsense about binning sporting integrity!
He lost me back in 1982 World Cup when he screwed up against soviets/Russia
Btw thought he was a bluenose

Is he actually a bluenose? All their heroes are to be honest.

Even those who have even just been half decent like Calderwood or McInnes!

If this pragmatism is the new sporting integrity, and the team ahead at time of suspension is awarded the league title, does the only team still in Europe get the CL spot?
Somehow I think we we revert to sporting integrity again, funny that.

Changed days eh, I remember when Sporting Integrity was very rigid and rammned down our throats repeatedly. Now it seems Sporting Integrity is a fluffy cuddly bendy toy, hypocritical fcukers the lot of them

Another cheerleader by the looks of it, I take it he still works for the bbc ? If so that explains it

Got it in one! He’s effectively another BBC Scotland pro agenda employee who knows exactly what to say and is never going to risk jeopardising his 30 pieces of silver. The building at Pacific quay is a rats nest and needs some long overdue pest control measures.

'Deciding' the title with matches outstanding would mean that it had not been won, just awarded by some sleight of hand.
If as seems almost certain the season cannot be completed, even if there then was ultimately some corrupt move to hand them the title they clearly will not have won it.
Bang goes their 9/10 dream.

He is a prod from Brigton and his brother was a staunch bluenose. However Willie’s leanings were towards Celtic as were his mates. BB member as well. He was always playing football never went to watch much. He was quite a nice guy at school.
However he’s talking c**p.

Miller is a hypocrite.
I really wish these people/ ex players who have no right whatsoever to preach their agenda would just gtf. The day I pay heed to the likes of Miller , Sutton and Brazil I’ll give up.
I’m sure Miller wouldn’t be spouting off if Aberdeen were where Hearts are sitting.
Or, indeed, in ours.

The man is a blouse was always arguing with the ref trying to get player sent of wouldn't let him commentate the sheep dog trial

Sporting integrity when Rangers are under discussion - you bet ya.

Sporting integrity when any other club under discussion - who cares

It really is that simple. These 2 words have been used to crucify us over the past 12 years in various situations. It’s time we made sure that it’s a level playing field.

Would Miller concede the league if he was in our position? Aye, so he would...

All those who wanted "sporting integrity" to prevail to make sure Rangers got demoted to the bottom division now want to hand a league title to the mentally challengeds with 9 games to go.

Who would have thunk it.

From the Evening Express -

When the coronavirus outbreak started I was all for the integrity of football and finishing the league. Yet the longer this crisis goes on, the tighter the window to finish the leagues becomes.

If the leagues can be finished that would be the ideal scenario but that is looking less likely if an end of June deadline is enforced by Uefa.

Ultimately integrity may have to be binned and pragmatism take over with hard decisions made. No one will be happy with these decisions but we are in tough times and tough calls need to be made.

Then you freeze the table and it will come down to what a club has done throughout the season before the shutdown.

Celtic look like they will have won the league title regardless.

Unfortunately for Hearts, they have had a poor season and are bottom of the Premiership while Dundee United have run away with their league in the second tier.

If the league has to be cut off at the point it was initially halted due to the coronavirus clubs will have to accept that and legal action would not be the way to go.

Clubs bottom of the league have had plenty of opportunities to get away from there this season.

Relegation would be difficult to take, but affected clubs must ultimately accept it and move on to look forward to when this virus is finally beaten.

Then plans can be put in place to resurrect that club going forward.

Every club is going to be affected financially by the shutdown and Aberdeen have confirmed they are no different.

Huge decisions need to be made within Scottish football soon and they must be guided by Uefa.

Football is in a holding situation at the moment.

There is a lot of hope out there that the season can be finished but in reality is that really going to happen?

Uefa are talking optimistically about finishing seasons by the end of June but I don’t think that will be practical.

Particularly with the way the coronavirus is spreading here and the measures that have been introduced by the United Kingdom and Scottish governments.

If Uefa issue a direct mandate that all leagues must finish by the end of June I don’t see that happening.

It is when that becomes impossible that tough decisions must be made.

The season cannot be made null and void, that should not be an option.

You would just have to take the current league position and make those tough calls on titles and relegation.

There could also be an argument for league reconstruction with no relegation and promotion is achieved. That could result in one league fewer than the current four division set-up and we increase the amount of teams in each league.

Dave Cormack has revealed the financial implications of the shutdown for Aberdeen.
Uefa must be strong and give directives to all European countries soon.

As as we go through April we will have a clearer picture of how this virus is being controlled and the medical advice on being able to move people around again. However the statements coming from the health authorities are that will take some time.

Uefa have to give guidelines of what to do this season and how that will impact next season.

I don’t see playing games behind closed doors as has been mooted down south going ahead.

There could be a window before the end of the year to finish the Scottish Cup. It would only be three games and should happen.

Hopefully we will have this virus under control by the end of the year.

Three cup games is easy to fit into next season’s calender. It would also bring revenue for clubs involved.
RNvxSRJ.gif

Back