Willing volunteers tradesmen for Ibrox

and when the contracts come around again no one will get it as rangers effectively have free labour?
its a good idea and its been mooted a few times down the years and for one reason or another it never gets going
When the contracts come around again .Maybe we could take a lesson from this and give consideration to Rangers minded companies .
I have noticed a big uptake in advertising lately from companies one of them I am working with their form work right now and used it on the bridge .
I won't name them as the rhats will boycot them

I'm a construction project manager with 5-day SMSTS qualification. Happy to get involved with planning, programming, RAMS, material procurement or site supervision.

Brilliant idea
Give me a hint mate who are you with or name a previous job .Construction is a very small world

Live to far away to help with the manual side of things, however I may be able to get some electrical engineers / designers if we need any major rework done to the eclectics. To get them through planning

I'd also donate for any consumables that we need (paint/brushes etc) - but not the 10 o'clock rolls 'n' square!

This idea if properly managed can grow arms and legs - truly The Peoples club!

As a one off gesture , if cash flow was so bad I'd have no problem with the idea and would gladly give my time for free . BUT ,,, if I thought for one second this would put men out of work who already have contracts , I'm sorry but I couldn't back this idea however well meaning the gesture is ment.

I'm a time served Plater/welder.No longer in the game but still do odd jobs for people.Any steelwork refurb, handrails etc. Would love to help out.

Our bus has several tradesmen travelling on a saturday......count us all in!

I'm a spark.....could provide 3 others
could provide 3 x plumbers
1 x joiner
1 x gas guy

All of our bus alone

Enough of that p!sh volunteering mates there may be too many:D
I'm a spark/communications engineer/IP comms
Also do tannoy and at a push bog cleaner
In fact I will do anything that is required.
#loverangers

It's a very good idea.

It would also address a genuine concern of mine, that Rangers should only ever employ Rangers fans.

I have no cares whatsoever what a persons sex, religious beliefs, ethnicity or sexual orientation might be, but being a Rangers fan would be a requirement of working for Rangers if I was in charge.

How about a miserable auld git to do FA but drink tea and moan like hell, stoating about criticising the present day tradesman and keeping folk off their work telling them about life as an apprentice in his day?

If my company was to set up a subsidiary arm which was staffed only by registered volunteers, I could write all the necessary risk assessments to gain an insurance policy for them to work at our stadium within their qualified field. Painters, electricians, plumbers, heating engineers etc could carry out work for the club to save them huge sums, whilst being protected by suitable insurance and within H&S protocol.

How many tradesmen do you would be interested in offering up their spare time to such an initiative?

What a great idea, i only wish i was young again, as i would be the first to put my name forward.If it was to help and bring out club back to the top again.
I think the idea should be put forward to the club if there was enough interest from the fans, as it would be another big step forward towards our future progression.

Im sure theres a facility management company providing the maintenance/repair etc at Ibrox using their own contractors, can’t remember who it is. I’d imagine they would be really hard to deal with. Great idea though.

Edit: ECG Facilites

Correct ECG from Blantrye have the FM contract or atleast did have, used to work there and the Directors and all Celtic so may not be the most open to this idea.

Correct ECG from Blantrye have the FM contract or atleast did have, used to work there and the Directors and all Celtic so may not be the most open to this idea.

Nothing to stop Rangers descoping stuff from the FM contract if it was a sustained effort.

Catering Engineer checking in, have been in Auchenhowie a few times on dishwashers/oven etc through subcontracted work by ECG for my company. Fully gas qualified on ComCat appliances and would love to lend a hand if needed!

My ex. used to be involved in community charities in bedfordshire over 25 years ago and implemented a similar scheme restoring / maintaining property owned & donated to charity
Ended up in a big dispute with the local council though - despite official inspections, clearances & approvals on the final work carried out by building standards & health & safety authotities - all work was eventually rejected because the individual tradesmen involved couldn't always produce approved qualification certificates / paperwork related to their trade

Now of course there's no reason to suppose this will be relevant to us & I'd expect anything of this nature to be carefully covered in advance preparation & planning - I'm just relating a problem I was aware of should it become an issue

Great idea having people who actually care for and love the club working behind the scenes to keep the place spic and span .

I want to volunteer for " chief gofor " .
( But not making tea or going for breakfasts etc )

It would be a novelty for guys at the start but would wear off quicker than you think.
There are loads of issues, health and safety, insurances.
Work needs done monday to friday.
The roof thats being done will have approx 10 roof sheeters on it, plus supervision.
Cranes / scaffold needed.
Good intentions but a non starter.

If my company was to set up a subsidiary arm which was staffed only by registered volunteers, I could write all the necessary risk assessments to gain an insurance policy for them to work at our stadium within their qualified field. Painters, electricians, plumbers, heating engineers etc could carry out work for the club to save them huge sums, whilst being protected by suitable insurance and within H&S protocol.

How many tradesmen do you would be interested in offering up their spare time to such an initiative?
Evening Midlandbear......any update?

Great idea, club should definetely take you up on your offer. I know they like to keep the work internally/usual contractors but this could only benefit them, especially if the insurance side is covered and a reputable company was organising it.

I have a few contacts within the club and board I could put you in touch with if you can't get through to anyone then send me a message.

I assume you don’t mean this seriously. In which case why don’t you just tell me what you think?
Wait until you try and put it together and you will quickly realise you will need more than effort, you will need the luck with you to make it work
I'm 100% behind you but you better stop being offended by innocent remarks because you will face a barrage of problems including insurance, health and safety, possible building control, certificates for plumbing, gas, electrical and all sorts of other red tape.
Not to mention the company who has the maintenance contract, Unions wanting their input
Trust me you will want all the luck and feelgood factors you can muster

Back