Wilshere linked with MLS

Jack Wilshere is considering a move to the MLS as he looks to rebuild his career after leaving West Ham.

A number of clubs at home and abroad have shown interest in the former Arsenal and England star, whose contract with West Ham was cancelled last month.

But the 28-year-old is understood to favour a move to the United States.

Would have been interesting to have him at the club even for a little bit to see how it went, was always going to be a gamble.

Can’t blame him for wanting to go the states though with the attraction of the wages and lifestyle in a not bad league he could look good in.

Best of luck to him.

Suspect we had an informal chat and he was looking for too much, so if there was any interest it will have cooled.

I reckon we were never interested.

Agent probably using our name to drum up interest.

If he has any ambition to win things under a famous, promising young manager playing in Europe and possibly winning titles and a crack at the Champions League then he'll consider us. If he wants a cushy number to top up his bank balance living a life of luxury with zero ambition then he'll choose the States. Let's see if he's a shitebag or a Warrior. I strongly suspect the former.

If he was serious about resurrecting his career, getting a bigger move and maybe caps, then Rangers would've been the perfect platform. The MLS is a retirement league with money to burn.

If he was serious about resurrecting his career, getting a bigger move and maybe caps, then Rangers would've been the perfect platform. The MLS is a retirement league with money to burn.
He's a near 30 year old crock who's achieved fųck all in football. This is his last chance at something big. I think we all know he'll be content with his lot so far and will push for a big last payday in the American sunshine and beaches smoking his lungs out. I for one will be astonished if he chooses ambition over mediocrity.

Was he ever a serious target for us? I thought it was just posters on here trolling given his injury record and our luck with injured signings.

Surely this was a non-starter? Especially after we signed Zunga

If I had chocolate ankles the SPHell would be at the bottom of your list for leagues to move too.
The majority of the league would actively enjoy targeting him to "do him in"

Was always a bit of a luxury player for us. Would he track back, would he put a shift in when we really need it??

That's before we even think about his injury history and the fact he would need 2-3 months to get up to speed. What would the chances be he would stay injury free long enough to even get up to speed.

Think it's for the best that we don't rock the boat when you are going so well ... not the time for that.

As I understand, money is not the driving force behind Jack Wilshire’s next club. He shares an agent with both Gerrard and Defoe, so we will definitely have been considered. Apparently he was interested in playing for both Rangers and Steven Gerrard but not so much living in Glasgow. With interested for countries such as Spain, Italy and now the States I think he will undoubtedly move overseas. But given our midfields performances lately and Bongani Zungu coming in, do we need him?

Alt of people think wilshere would come on small wages or pay as you play.
He'll be looking for decent wages, and he'll get them somewhere.

The thought of him joining us, never sat well with me.

The thugs in Scottish football would never allow him to play, the state of most of the pitches would have been a test for him and the money we would have to spend on him would have been mental.

I'm absolutely not underestimating his ability as a player, just the environment in Scottish football, doesn't bare good for him, on paper.

I think if he was coming here it would have happened by now.

Tbh I always seen him as a bonus signing so not really that bothered.

Happy with what we have in midfield.

I'm not sure how we could bring him in to the team, bearing in mind he would need to build up match fitness. We need to win every game. We need to be on it, all the time.

He is a supremely talented player, when he bossed the midfield against us at 16 years of age i thought he would be a Gazza level player, but things haven't went to plan.

If it was a summer signing with a pre season behind him and friendlies to get up to speed then it would be a no brainer if the wages were at an acceptable level and he passed a medical, but mid season it would be hard to bed him in.

Suspect we had an informal chat and he was looking for too much, so if there was any interest it will have cooled.
Not a bad move really
Good lifestyle, one of the better players in the league, good money.

If he wants one last big payday the MLS will be the obvious option.

If he wants some medals to show to his grandkids then he should come to Rangers

The Rangers Machine is running well, with the likes of Aribo, Roofe, Itten and Zungu yet to play much. As they say, never change a running system ...

In the EPL there are always enough desperate managers willing to gamble on a known name. With Wilshere I’m guessing he’s no where near over his injury problems otherwise he would have rocked up in a lower EPL team by now. It’s a pretty small world the EPL and there will be no secrets only desperation to avoid relegation at all costs.

Back