Wim Jansen Dead

One of Scottish footballs all time greats, arguably our greatest manager passed away a few months ago, we played the next night.

Even they wouldn’t ask for games off in this case.

There is no wriggle room for the vile club, even though we’ve seen what steps they have stooped to before in 2008.

RIP Wim
Sadly my first thought too.
RIP to a good football man.

Sad news rip Wim, even though he broke my heart in 97/98 he seemed like a really decent man in his time in Scotland

I’m sure you’re correct he was an 80’s 90’s man. Different era. Remember he broke Gazza’s
cheekbone in 1993.
I can remember that with Gazza, but wasn’t sure if it was Wouters or someone else. Not very staunch of you Jan, looks like we know why Dick chased him away (Gazza) first season lmao.

I liked Wim Jansen he was a terrific footballer that I admired.
I will forgive him his season across the city, and I am sorry to hear of his death after a tragic illness.
However your comment although a tad acerbic hits a very deserving target and in no way detracts from the sentiment afforded to Wim's passing.
IMHO.

Agreed.

A terrific football man and the fact he managed a horrible club for a short period shouldn’t detract from the genuine condolences being offered here to his family by decent fans.

Having lost my father to dementia, I honestly wouldn’t wish that on anyone. Rest easy, Wim :(

Think this thread shows that the big bad Rangers fans hate all things Celtic is misguided. If you act with dignity and respectful you will get respect back.

R.I.P Mr Jansen. Terrible disease

RIP to the big man.

He went to Celtic, saw what a horrible cesspit the place is and bailed after a season. A man of integrity right away.

Touch of class and a well-chosen photo from Gio on Instagram:

Always sad when a good football man dies, even one who helped the scummy bastards stop our ten.

Thanks to Wim I was gutted that day and was unfortunately in town with two mates from the dark side. I finished my beer, shook their hands and told them to enjoy the rest of their night.

Seemed like a decent bloke. God bless mr Jansen. Rest easy.

Back