Wim Jansen suffering with Dementia

An absolute curse of a thing, basically dying twice. I don't believe he'd be aware too much (?) but it's the family who have to really suffer.
Took advantage of us ballsing up 10IAR, but is it fair to say the least loathsome of all scum managers? (successful ones at least??)
Aye I’d say so. I don’t remember him being as poisonous as their usual lot. I imagine he just saw it as a job at the time. Given he won their first league title in yonks why did he leave after one season?

This could eventually change the game forever. Of course correlation is not causation but it seems to happen to a disproportionate amount of players from that era..

No difference in eras as far as I’m aware. Ball is travelling faster now a days ……

Awful disease. Lost my own old man to Alzheimer’s.

All the best to him and his family.

Hopefully a cure can be found in the future.

Sorry to hear that , played in one of the best international lineups of all time. Always came across as a gent from what I remember.

Wouldn't wish this disease on anyone, i remember Wim as a good player in the famous Dutch side of the 70s and of course as a manager of ..them, but regardless of that best wishes to him and his family.

All the best Wim -my dad is currently suffering with this gone from dementia to delirium stuck in the RAH in paisley - don’t think he will make it out of there - horrible disease. My over riding memory will be that he was at the that fateful New Years game in 71 never went back to Ibrox until 25 years later when I gave him the wifes season ticket said he could never face it. He said he tried to go back in but when he got to the stadium he turned round and went back home.

That’s a shame sorry to hear that.

Part of the Feyenoord team that won the European cup. As insufferable they are with one imagine how bad they would be with 2 European cups.
Did you know that they won it with eleven lads from within a 30 mile radius of the piggery? I'm sure it's been mentioned to me once or twice.

Sad news to hear. He broke my heart with our 10iar but he always came across as a gentleman. Wish him and his family all the best, such a horrific disease.

Horrible disease, heartbreaking to watch a loved one deteriorate. All the best to Wim and his family.

Sad to hear this about Wim Jansen

Dementia is a terrible disease.

All the best to him and his family.

I never knew until a wee while ago he was an ex Holland international. Always thought he was just a journeyman player/manager.

All the best to him and his family regardless. Days like today puts an awful lot into perspective.

Back