Win next 2 league matches. We sit top with identical record to 29th Oct 2011

nelster

Official FF Paparazzi

We won at Pittodrie to have a 11 wins 2 draws record and we danced about the stands celebrating (here we go) 4 in a row only for Celtic to fall even further behind on the drive home.

Celtic fans wanting Lennon chased.

It will be a hugely painful thought for most of us recalling that season, it may even be a timely reminder of how quickly football changes.

Its definitely a reminder to me of what was stolen from us all in the year that followed.

But there will be something very satisfying seeing a Rangers team clear at the top with 11 wins and 2 draws to start the season if the players can continue on as they are.

With Allan and Davo still there 9 years later wanting to settle the score.

Onwards, Rangers, nearly back full circle after 9 years, keep going, we are all with you.

My memory was being in Cyprus on holiday and popping into a bar and seeing they were 3-0 down. Up the road for a shower and change and out to watch our game only to learn they fought back and then watched as we fucked it in injury time iirc.
A potentially great wee night turned on its head. For me thats when the momentum turned

My memory was being in Cyprus on holiday and popping into a bar and seeing they were 3-0 down. Up the road for a shower and change and out to watch our game only to learn they fought back and then watched as we fucked it in injury time iirc.
A potentially great wee night turned on its head. For me thats when the momentum turned
One of those times where hitting the like button doesn't seem appropriate. I agree, they seemed dead and buried at halftime and later on we were in cruise control then both matches suddenly turned on their head. Was all downhill from then on.

For sure!
Gave them a huge lift!
Downhill from then on

Great post. Some horrible memories.
Losing Naismith was a disaster for us, he was our talisman at that time.
The rest is a history forced upon us by corrupt governing bodies who enabled the crooks to rape and pillage our club.
It's taken a while to get to this point, but I like the way it's playing out with Stevie G at the helm. There will be no slacking and no complacency at Rangers. Keep it going, we could be in for the greatest season in our history.

Always thought it started to collapse when they came back to draw at Kilmarnock before we drew at home to St Mirren. Didn't realise they had another poor result before kicking on and going that unbeaten run.
The Killie game was a few weeks later. They came back in the lunchtime game and we drew with St Mirren and lost a last minute. Lost at Killie the week after 1-0 on the day Gary Speed died I’m sure.

We started well in the league that year, results wise.
We also got knocked straight out champ league by Malmo then straight out the Europa by Maribor.
Followed by 1st division Falkirk putting us out the league Cup.

My maths might be off as I'm doing this in my head, but if we keep up our current goal scoring and conceding records, we will finish the season with around 90 goals and conceding 10 or 11. That is a record any team in our history would be chuffed with.

It was after the November international break our form fell off a cliff.

Incredible looking at the table there when you think a mere 2 months later they beat us at the piggery to go top of the league.

Agreed, we lost an injury time equaliser to St Boo after Lafferty carelessly lost possession trying to kill time in their corner.

Can still to this day recall walking home thinking what might have been - at one time it seemed another 3pt swing in our favour but in the end both of us drew however our result felt the worst. The wheels quickly fell of the wagon after that and by New Year we were a shambles.

Let's set the record straight.
Fight and never fear.
We are here for them.
We never left.
Be there for us.

No Surrender.

Did Celtic not go on a huge winning run after this game ? Horrendous season for many reasons

The point I'm taking from that table is that the poets don't drop as many points as that anymore

That was grim that season, the Naismith injury really wrecked our season, he was at the absolute peak of his career at that point.

I know there was horrendous circumstances that season but that is a good reminder not to get too complacent. Interestingly I think last season would have been one of our best records after 19 games. If we can match it I’d be happy with that.

Next two league games are massive for us

We can beat the mentally challengeds and they know we are a good footballing team and we controlled the game on Saturday without being at our fluent best

The test will be 11 behind the ball defending by Livi on Sunday and next Sunday v Killie on a shit pitch with a well organised Killie team who have won their last 3 league games

Players have the ability and they need to go out and get the 6 points

It’s down to the right winning mentality and getting the wins we need

The Killie game was a few weeks later. They came back in the lunchtime game and we drew with St Mirren and lost a last minute. Lost at Killie the week after 1-0 on the day Gary Speed died I’m sure.
Also drew 0-0 at home to St Johnstone the week before Killie game, bad times from then, but the good times are returning now WATP

he was gone if they lost to killie though the comeback saved him quitting
St Mirrens equaliser later that day saved him.
The comeback to draw at Killie wouldn't have mattered if we just held out another 2 minutes.

Nowt to do with the immediate topic but looking at that table there wasn't a single plastic pitch in the top league.

After drawing with Hearts we had a great run, was convinced we would walk the league in the first couple of months. Shows how quickly it can all change.

Found this on YouTube a couple of weeks ago, starts off well but quickly becomes a hard watch. So much you forget over time!

Naismith injury was the beginning of the end of our season , also should have got aluko in much sooner than we did

Always thought it started to collapse when they came back to draw at Kilmarnock before we drew at home to St Mirren. Didn't realise they had another poor result before kicking on and going that unbeaten run.
I was driving down to Newcastle that day and stopped at Berwick. They were 3-0 down and I was delighted. Switched radio on later to find they had clawed it back. I'm convinced had they lost that day Lennon would have been sacked.

Sadly no and with McCoist as Manager and Craig Whyte in the background ripping out our heart our destiny was set.

I was driving down to Newcastle that day and stopped at Berwick. They were 3-0 down and I was delighted. Switched radio on later to find they had clawed it back. I'm convinced had they lost that day Lennon would have been sacked.

Sadly no and with McCoist as Manager and Craig Whyte in the background ripping out our heart our destiny was set.

Left the house to go to Ibrox and it was still 3-2. Parked up next to the Wee Rangers Club and saw folk celebrating at the fact it finished 3-3. I felt a strange sense of aye that's great they've dropped points but that's quite an achievement to come back from 3 down.

Then we would play out a garbage draw against St Mirren who I thought were worth the 3 points. Real sense of disappointment coming out of Ibrox that day, even tho no ground had been gained or lost.

Back