Win or loose today, GVB is the man..

GVB2022

.. to take us forward next season 100% in my opinion.

I really hope we win today but if we don’t then I for one will not be calling for Gio to go. And, I really, really hope that we no such threads come 5pm.

- Aside for some silly results in the league we challenged all the way. Could easily have gone our way.

- League cup - SG left, no manager in place.

- Europa League - ran them so close, cruel way to just miss out.

- A result today would be fantastic but also totally understandable after Thursday and number of games, plus injuries if we loose.

Let’s back GVB and the team all the way. He needs a close season to rebuild and go again.

Go on boys. WATP.

We were a hairs breadth away from him being looked at for a lot of major jobs around Europe, and to be honest I think a lot of them will still be interested if they need a manager any time soon.

There’s no question he is the right man for us.

I was on the fence with him due to some of the league results and basically for throwing away the league by sticking with McGregor. After the Celtic 3-0 game I thought he was out of his depth as well but I've definitely changed my opinion now. He's shown he learns from his mistakes, is very tactically astute, especially in Europe and IMO it's exciting to see what sort of stamp he'll put on the team next season with his own signings.

We need to win today, none of this lose talk. :))

I am in the minority I guess but he still needs to convince me (well, he doesn't but for my own personal opinion he does). We'll see how he gets on next season as that will be all his own work and could make a massive difference. Got a big job ahead of him as he'll be having to surely change a lot of the playing staff so we'll see his leadership and tactical awareness come right out. He should have a lot more to work with in availability as half the bloomin' team has been injured since he came at some point.

I just hope Ross Wilson can start doing his job properly next season so Gio can have the best possible chance of bringing the title home and achieving CL qualification. I wouldn’t say I’m entirely sold yet, but Gio has certainly begun to win me over….

We will scud the league next season, no doubt in my mind.
Based on what though? I think we need to be realistic, with the amount of players we’re going to need to bring in, to hit the ground running to win the league is going to be a big ask in my opinion. If we had won it this year I’d be more confident of retaining it, but after throwing it away I’m not so sure.

Based on what though? I think we need to be realistic, with the amount of players we’re going to need to bring in, to hit the ground running to win the league is going to be a big ask in my opinion. If we had won it this year I’d be more confident of retaining it, but after throwing it away I’m not so sure.
Anges second seasons have always went tits up wherever he’s been at.
We have great youth coming thru, a few additions and some hunger and it’s coming home.

Had 3 bites of the cherry at the scum in the league and yet to win. Managed to scrape past them in the cup which is only ever a small consolation prize. Our terrible record in finals might well see us fail again today, though.

Did well to take us to the UEL final but couldn’t get a performance from most of the players in the final.

Pros and cons. Needs a full season and the chance to build his own squad but jury still out for me. Plus, our recruitment needs to vastly improve over our business recently. Otherwise he’ll be toast no matter how good he is.

Never doubted him, but he’ll need to be backed to the tune of about 20M this summer.

Think it depends on who goes and who his replacements will be for next season.

The transfer speculation throughout the summer will be rife and a pile of pish from the red top media.

I'm sure we will take the league title back next season, with a few players out and a few in.

Those cunts are over rated anyway.

We were a hairs breadth away from him being looked at for a lot of major jobs around Europe, and to be honest I think a lot of them will still be interested if they need a manager any time soon.

There’s no question he is the right man for us.
This is a right good point @dublinbear , any interest won’t have disappeared because of a penalty loss. We must back him and make him want to stay, because if we don’t back him, you couldn’t blame him for walking should an offer come

The only thing that will let Gio and next season down is our Summer recruitment. I hope we don't buy squad filler and take chances on injury ridden players.

We'll have VAR next season for a start, so you can deduct about 10 points from Celtic's points total right away.

Back