Win the Ibrox old firm games and it’s ours imo

That’s the way I’ve been thinking about it. I just can’t see us dropping enough points for them to catch us up with 2 wins under our belt.

The team look a different animal this year.

If we win all our games up to and including Jan 2nd we would be 17 points ahead. They'd have 3 games in hand.

If.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves though. Keep the form, the attitude and standards and we will not be far away at the end of the season. No silly points lost please.

I'm not even thinking like that. I just want us to continually focus our attention on beating whoever we are playing. Long way to go.

We’re not even into December yet folks, so there’s a very long way to go.
Our report card thus far in this season would say ‘exemplary’, and we’ve been a joy to watch. But please let’s not get carried away. These are uncertain times, and so many factors could play a hand in who wins the league this season. We are in a fantastic position. Let’s hope our management team and playing squad can stay healthy and focussed to see the job through.

It's looking good right now but it is unrealistic to expect us to keep up this kind of form for a full season.

We ain't even half way through the season yet.

Our fixtures are harder than there's from now to Feb.
I genuinely think we look so confident and comfortable with an arrogance about us that I really can't see why not.

The first time we draw its going to feel like the world caving in around us

The only thing we can’t afford to lose is complacency.

I’m going to book my covid vaccine though, just incase

Here we go, the usual build up of where we are and what happens IF this or that happens.
Forget all this prediction nonsense.
Thankfully our management and team seem to be focused on the now.

We are getting way ahead of ourselves here, the outpourings of celebrations on social media in general are insane, It’s November.

It is looking good just now but the filth have a run of 8 games at home in the next couple of months, we have to be guarded and take it one game at a time.

It is one thing to be happy and contented with the way things are going just now but it is crazy the way some people are looking so far ahead. Football, and sport in general, should have taught us to take nothing for granted. It's only a couple of weeks ago we threw away a two goal lead against ten men.

Think if the split goes our way it could help us , hopefully killie ,livi end up in bottom 6 so no visits to those god awful plastic pitches but lets not get carried away however beating them in january is a big physiological boost and puts them under pressure ,its the old cliche we just need to take it one game at a time and hope we dont get injuries or covid cases

We just need to keep focussed for the rest of this year. For all their troubles, if you look at their 5 league fixtures before the 2nd Jan at Ibrox, there is a good chance they will take 15 points.

As long as we don't give them a glimmer of hope before then, we should be able to give them a hammer blow on the 2nd Jan.

It's a marathon not a sprint. If we continue with our calm, disciplined and professional approach to every game we won't be far away in May.

Even should it go to 17 points after 2nd Jan its still only 8 points IF they win their games in hand. Firmly in the one game at a time camp here.

Lets see how we are going after Christmas, that has been a disaster last few years. Next OF game is huge. Think we just don't need to loose them & concentrate on the game to game situation.

I'm taking each game as it comes, be it a hard fought 1-0 or an easy 4-0. As long as we look after ourselves and not get distracted by outside influences then we will succeed.

Potentially if both sides won every game up till Jan 2nd and we win that game we are 17 points ahead with a huge goal difference advantage over them.

Even with the games in hand they have I can't honestly see them turning that around the pressure on Lennon would be massive even if he did survive in the job that long which he probably won't given the absolute hatred online against him at the minute.

Once Sparta and Milan beat them that's 3 wins in 11 games and Lennon is out and they have to find a new manager and backroom team on the cheap in the middle of the season while chasing a huge deficit in the league. They might even be forced into bringing in a temporary manager till the end of the season.

As we've seen in recent years years getting rid of a manager mid season while behind in the league rarely works out favourably.

We’ve got 4 away games plus Motherwell and Hibs at Ibrox to navigate before even thinking about the mentally challengeds.

Even a draw in one of those games and they will be viewing it as only a 3 point gap.

We are in outstanding form but there are 69 points still to contest over a 6 month period. A long long way to go.

Lets not get carried away here. There is a long long way to go and have quite a few away games coming up this month before we play them. One game at a time.

Not worth thinking about IMO. Long long way to go. Thinking about winning the league just now just sets you up for an implosion come first set-back. One game at a time for me.

Just chalking up all the games until then as 3 points?

Only 3 weeks since we huffed and puffed to a 1-0 at Killie and were less than convincing at home v Livingston.

I agree assuming our form is the same I just don't see them beating us 3 times, quite the opposite actually.

That said chickens and eggs ,hatched or something like that.

Not taking anything for granted at this stage of the season. There are still 23 games to be played and albeit we have the points showing we were 11 ahead, celtic will more than likely cut into that lead.

The players look confident this season and have made an incredible start but a very long way to go before we can even think about being champions, IMO.

This.

Realistically we can only consider ourselves 5 points clear. Celtic managed to throw that away with 3 games left in 2005.
Games in hand are zero points unless you eventually win them, there’s so much pressure on them to win those games, I think they will fold.

If we emerge 17 points clear after the New Year fixture, it really would be a calamitous collapse to let it slip from there, even if they had 3 games in hand.

However, like everyone else, I’ll start the party only when it’s mathematically impossible. We’ve all learned the lesson of over confidence from last year’s events, including the team and management team.

The team are playing superbly and winning games by playing some fabulous football but surely we need to continue the one game at a time mentality

We have a very tough schedule of games coming up in Dec and Jan in the league so I’d prefer to see where we are after this set of fixtures are complete

I’m sure the management team will be saying the exact same to the players

We just need to keep winning and that’s not easy but hopefully we can keep our form up

This is not a normal season with Covid in the background so I will not be getting carried away in November

Can we just calm down a bit ffs.

We're not even in December yet and people have the league won already.

People have very short memories. We collapsed last season after doing so well in the first half of the season.
Its mental. I know what we post on here has no bearing on it, but it's giving me the fear.

Nothing wrong with being confident, but some are just being silly.

Back