Win the Ibrox old firm games and it’s ours imo

Following on from the ops highly advanced and admirable wisdom and insight may I humbly add the viewpoint that if we gain the same or up to four points less that celtc between now and the seasons end that the same wholey satisfactory outcome will be attained.

Given our collapses from January onwords in the last two seasons I will only start to believe we will win the title if we are a number of points clear come April time.

Even should it go to 17 points after 2nd Jan its still only 8 points IF they win their games in hand. Firmly in the one game at a time camp here.
Pretty big gap still, I would fancy us in that position.

Last edited:
We are only just over a third of the way through the season, it is far far to soon to assume anything. They have games in hand, we did last year and banked on winning them, so we have to assume they will as well. There are 3 OF games, and lots more football to play before anything is handed out. It's nice that they are in a little bit of a spiral but to bank on it to continue would be foolish and it's not something I would like to come back and bite us on the backside.

Whoa whoa whoa down, way, way too far ahead!

Yes, a game at a time is the boring but correct mantra.

Nearer to hand though I can see Celtic starting their 3.00pm kick-off on Sunday not just 14 points behind us but actually doing so from 4th spot in the league if, as expected, Hibs and Aberdeen win their mid-week and Saturday fixtures.

We can't affect that of course but it would certainly add another bout of pressure into what would normally be a straightforward fixture for them at home to St. Johnstone.

Have people on this forum completely forgot about last season??

We got similar threads to.this on a regular basis with people getting way ahead of themselves.

We had all the Kerrydail posts taking the piss out of them before we've even lifted trophy.

We've been excellent this season and the performance levels from the players and the manager have been through the roof however, we've yet to prove we can do this over 38 games.

This season does have a different feel to it with an improved squad but as far as I'm concerned we're only 5 points clear with some tricky fixtures coming up.

The most important thing for me is we maintain or even stretch this lead between now and the mentally challenged game in January.

I'll wait to see which Rangers turn up after Xmas before I start to get excited.
They have a recent history of kicking us square in the nuts by the start of February.

Fine margins, we get more points than them between now and new year that puts us in a great position. We hit diffs in the next month and they click then it is truly game on. So many factors can come into play but if we keep doing what we are doing, there will only be one outcome.

Old Firm games are a lottery. What was killing us was drawn games against the supposedly lesser sides.
Not for me mark we have their number now

we will wipe the floor with them imo

they are an unfit shambles of a team

Have people on this forum completely forgot about last season??

We got similar threads to.this on a regular basis with people getting way ahead of themselves.

We had all the Kerrydail posts taking the piss out of them before we've even lifted trophy.

We've been excellent this season and the performance levels from the players and the manager have been through the roof however, we've yet to prove we can do this over 38 games.

This season does have a different feel to it with an improved squad but as far as I'm concerned we're only 5 points clear with some tricky fixtures coming up.

The most important thing for me is we maintain or even stretch this lead between now and the mentally challenged game in January.
Last season is another country

Given our collapses from January onwords in the last two seasons I will only start to believe we will win the title if we are a number of points clear come April time.
If we move out of February still 5 points ahead taking in games in hand, I’ll start to believe properly. Right now, I’m living game to game!

we will inevitably drop points, I don’t think it’ll be against Celtic though. Key is not to overreact when we do.

There were calls for Gerrard to go on here post Livi away....

That said, we look a different animal this season. The only team stopping us winning the league is ourselves.

We were never ahead at the Winter break. Level on points (2nd on GD) and then two points behind last season, albeit with a game in hand.

We've a few awkward away games coming up. Any complacency and we'll end up dropping points.

I’ve never seen so many panty wetters in the Rangers support, it’s a discussion board ffs, people are discussing various scenarios.

On only 2 occasions in 41 years has 1 team won all 4 . Burns lost all 4 during 8IAR and Big Eck last 4 in 2006. Even Brenda didn't win all 4 in his first 2 seasons.
I'm not expecting to win all 4, but win the next 1 is crucial.

Small targets all season, let the rest look after itself.

Our next games are:

Benfica
Falkirk
Liege
Ross County
Poznań

Winning v Benfica and Liege is key to December. Win those and we can really rest key players v Poznań to prepare for December and hopefully build towards Them first game of 2021. As long as we minimum maintain the current gap im confident we’ll outplay them again

Can we just calm down a bit ffs.

We're not even in December yet and people have the league won already.

People have very short memories. We collapsed last season after doing so well in the first half of the season.

Itll be the same ones that moaned like Fuuk when after December 31st had the league in the bag and it wisnae.

It's like trying to teach weans how to count.

I was on a high after yesterdays performance but reading this thread has now given me the fear,just get it done Rangers.......

even then it would be far too early to tell, we might have faith that would be the case, but until it's mathematically impossible to be caught i'll just remain cautiously optimistic.
The correct answer irrespective of what are resident "league over " posters say.

Even then I feel the yahoos will launch some kind of legal challenge to get it voided.

Not like we haven't fucked it after Christmas 2 years in a row now.
I feel this post above should be given more consideration.
Not sure what the squad has been doing over Christmas but the lethargic displays the previous 2 years has genuinely got to be a concern.
Would love to know what the f.uck happened

January is going to be a very tough month for us regardless of how good we've been, Celtic followed by both Aberdeen and Hibs away could see a big lead become much smaller if we let complacency creep in.

The team, management staff and supporters should be united in taking this season one game at a time, focus on our momentum and we could be in for a very special season.

January is going to be a very tough month for us regardless of how good we've been, Celtic followed by both Aberdeen and Hibs away could see a big lead become much smaller if we let complacency creep in.

The team, management staff and supporters should be united in taking this season one game at a time, focus on our momentum and we could be in for a very special season.
You've got it in one!!!

Small targets all season, let the rest look after itself.

Our next games are:

Benfica
Falkirk
Liege
Ross County
Poznań

Winning v Benfica and Liege is key to December. Win those and we can really rest key players v Poznań to prepare for December and hopefully build towards Them first game of 2021. As long as we minimum maintain the current gap im confident we’ll outplay them again

i personally don't think Gerrard will rest anyone in europe this season, its financially too important.

a win in the final game v Poznan is worth 570k and another 500k if we finish top, that is critical income

The goal difference is worth a point at the moment.
Its imperative we keep that going .
It really isn't as if they make up that point , as well as the others , they would win the league with a poorer goal difference. A better way to look at it is as half a point. Enough if we are on equal points. Not if they are a point ahead.

They have a really easy run of fixtures up until the Old Firm game. Don't really see many potential slip ups in their run, even with Lennon still in charge.

We have a far tougher run of fixtures than them.

If the points difference is the same as it is today when we play the next Old Firm and if we beat them, then it would be over. They aren't pulling that back but there's many hurdles to get over before we reach there.

Need to continue to take each game as it comes. The players look incredibly focused which is great to see.
This is my view too. Match them point for point until 02/01 and that game is effectively the decider.

As to 2nd Jan being “effectively a title decider”.... when Kevin Thomson scored the winner in March 2008, we thought the same.

It looked like there was no way back for them, even though they had two home OF games to come.

Not suggesting we’ll get to the Europa League final again and have to play about 49 games in a month....but we will almost certainly be in Europe post Xmas. They almost certainly won’t be. And with COVID lurking, you just never know what twists and turns and fixture issues there might be.

The league won’t be decided in January. They haven’t thrown in the towel, if they had they wouldn’t have got a point on Saturday. Expect they’ll win all their games prior to Ibrox and will almost certainly win a trophy next month aswell which might rally them a bit.

Let’s keep grounded and worry about the league again after getting a result on Thursday and navigating Falkirk in the cup

It really isn't as if they make up that point , as well as the others , they would win the league with a poorer goal difference. A better way to look at it is as half a point. Enough if we are on equal points. Not if they are a point ahead.
I am confused, but if you say so. Yes

People are getting ahead of their selves.

Titles aren’t won in December or January.
Not mathematically they aren't but they've always been pivotal months and if we navigate the next two months in a similar vein of form/results I am almost certain we will be champions. It's still an if though so not wanting to get too ahead of myself.

Back