Win the league on Sunday or on 21st March?

Sunday or 21st?

• Sunday

Votes: 397 58.3%
  • 21st

Votes: 283 41.6%

• Total voters
I don't see it happening on Sunday they are going up there to win as by coincidence they have a travelling supporter called Clancy reffing their game. Wouldn't surprise me either if Conner was a linesman.

If we win it on 21 March 2021 the date and scenes will be remembered in the same way that 2 May 1999 is remembered.

Last edited:
I can’t see the other side allowing us to win it at parkhead so I think they will get beat at the weekend

that being said - if I had 1 wish - it would be for us to win it at parkhead and for Alfie to score a last minute “offside “winner ....

the Kingston bridge may not be big enough !!!

The cherry on the cake would be the 21st with Alfie scoring the winner but I will celebrate like a demon if they slip up on Sunday

I voted Sunday but, thinking about it, I want to win at their hovel. It would end them and be the icing on the cake after all we've been through.

On the pitch. If I didn't already want that, the celebrations at full time last night would have settled it. We deserve to see our players celebrate the title.
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Nobody in their right mind should be cheering for Celtic to delay it for a fortnight though. I won't even be watching it.

If I could choose a situation for us to win on Sunday, it would be a last-minute, offside equaliser from Nicky Clark.

Like asking if you want a £1m in £20 notes or £10s?
I voted to win it at the piggery, just to sicken all of them to the very core. I hope Jimmy Bell gets a massive 55 flag in the kitbag for Gerrard to plant in their centre circle mid interview with Boyd.
What a season this has been tho. To win it there will put an end to this part of the Rangers journey. The perfect return to the top.

Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Nobody in their right mind should be cheering for Celtic to delay it for a fortnight though.

If I could choose a situation for us to win on Sunday, it would be a last-minute, offside equaliser from Nicky Clark.
Don't get me wrong I want the tims to lose on Sunday, but wouldn't be upset if the celebrations were delayed a couple weeks.

Sunday

I want to see if the commentators - especially the bbc - will call us the Champions on the 21st :p

Would rather be champions on Sunday.

I've got my champagne and my party snacks all ready to go now and I don't want to wait.

We'd always run the risk of Timmy beating us on the 21st (after what could be a very very tough Euro tie for us) and it would give them a bright spot in their season maybe. F*ck them.

Get this wrapped up at the weekend!

Let's be honest here if you are a Rangers supporter and you aren't celebrating every goal and every victory and every single positive moment from here on out then you are missing out big time.

Loved seeing lads setting off fireworks etc last night. We deserve this and we've waited so long.

It's time to stop fretting over the "prefect" scenario folks. We're there, this is it, our moment has come. Let's fully enjoy it!

Sunday gets it done and dusted and we go to their ground as champs.

Players and staff don't get to celebrate the moment on the pitch though.

21st means winning it at their ground in front of their players and staff.

But it means waiting another 2 weeks with the risk they somehow beat us and delay it by another 3 weeks.

Sunday or 21st?
I fear for the safety of our players if we win it at parkpaed, we have already seen the sustained and brutal attacks on their own shite this season and I have no faith in the police etc to prevent carnage. Win it ASAP please

Genuinely surprised at the amount of people who have voted Sunday. If we won it then, we wouldnt even win it on the pitch and see the players reaction, or hear Gerrard speak in the height of emotion, or see Tavs face as he finally wins the legue as our longest current serving player and captain.

Winning at the piggery is a bonus for me, but winning it on the pitch and remembering who scored the goals that secured 55 is far more important. Need i say anymore than Brian Laudrup and Tannadice?

Its won. We enjoy it whenever it happens.

I’d like the players to get a big day on Sunday (and Monday) at Auchenhowie enjoying the moment. Legendary status secured. Do the club tv and have a great 48 hours.

Then its down to business.

The Celtic game awaiting title could distract from that Slavia Prague 2nd leg.

Chances to go deep in European competition come around rarely. We have a gilt-edged chance of going Quarters and beyond here. We need to grab it and hope James Tavernier can be fit in April. The players you need to be hot to go all the way are getting hot when we need them to.

I’m guessing this will be a split decision as rubbing Celtics face in it is the most important to some. European Trophy is genuinely in our sights if we handle this next tie.

I'd rather we won it after the split than won it on Sunday.

I want to see more scenes like at the goal last night. Not some videos of players watching two teams of losers on a Tele.

On Sunday is my preference.

Then only play our key players for a short spell in the Celtic match.

We don't need idiots like Scott Brown throwing elbows and rash challenges about on guys like Morelos just out of pure spite - and he will.

I personally don't understand this fixation we seem to have developed for winning at the piggery

It might make a bit more sense if fans were in attendance - although our allocation has been at a low number for quite some time for that clatty venue - even if we were allowed in

The GIRFUY factor to me is pretty much achieved by arriving as champions - with an almost equal humiliation level as winning on the day & celebrating at the final whistle - in front of a few club officials & a deviant press

Whenever we win this title - whatever the time, day or location - my celebrations will not be altered - so I want to see this happen ASAP

Trying to contrive a time & day - with the idea that it somehow scunners them more - makes no sense to me
They don't deserve that much thought imo

I can’t believe so many want it won on Sunday, I will be disappointed for the players if they don’t get to win it themselves on the day and especially if that day is on the 21st it would be the absolute fairytale ending to end this journey winning the title and to see the reaction of all the players on the day would be up there with one of the most iconic days in our history , and don’t even get me started on the celebrations we would have

I can’t believe so many want it won on Sunday, I will be disappointed for the players if they don’t get to win it themselves on the day and especially if that day is on the 21st it would be the absolute fairytale ending to end this journey winning the title and to see the reaction of all the players on the day would be up there with one of the most iconic days in our history , and don’t even get me started on the celebrations we would have

100%. Its weird to me that people want them to lose for us to get a title. No 55 celebrations of the pitch or anything. No euphoric moment as Alfie puts the ball into the net and we know its over. Just watching Dundee Utd try to hold on for a draw or a narrow win. Not for me. The leagues won and i want our moment.

Sunday for me, dont want the poets having any wee crumbs of comfort of holding us back from the celebrations, so even if God forbid they fluke a result against us nah that's just not going to happen cause we are the people.

No
The players can celebrate on the pitch on Saturday. A win means it can only be lost on goal difference and that is just not going to happen.
No chance this will happen. They will be visibly delighted but gerrard will tell them not to celebrate until it is official. It isnt official until it is mathematically impossible.

Whilst I agree winning it on the pitch especially there would be amazing however the bigger picture is we still have a lot to play for and momentum could be crucial.

Win against St Mirren and see what happens, if they drop anything on Sunday then the pressure is off for the 21st and the team can fully concentrate on the Slavia games.

Keep the momentum going and see where it takes us, whilst I understand the bloodlust of some to really rub their noses in it their season has been a disaster/catastrophe almost since the get go they are already suffering and it will (in all probability) continue.

Ideal scenario for me is we win this weekend they don't.

If we even go into the mentally challenged game still 18 points ahead, and lose it, we have another 4 weeks before we can clinch it, I want it ASAP.

Heart says win it at their midden, it’s the ultimate GIRUY to the manky hordes in their ‘10’ season. Head says win it ASAP and move on the the Europa and the Scottish cup.

I'd rather we won it after the split than won it on Sunday.

I want to see more scenes like at the goal last night. Not some videos of players watching two teams of losers on a Tele.
The Old Firm game is before the split

The players can celebrate on the pitch on Saturday. A win means it can only be lost on goal difference and that is just not going to happen.
Not sure why the goal difference keeps getting mentioned, not too relevant with so many games left.

On the pitch, I'm wanting to hear the final whistle and see all the players and coaches go mad. Also helps that they will witness it all also.

Get it over and done with ASAP just like any true champions. We've not won this league for 10 years & yet we are trying to pick and choose when we win it. Yes, it would be nice to do it at Parkhead, but let's just see if the opportunity arises & not aim for it.
I don't want to come across as a doom merchant, but the other side of the coin is if we don't get 4 points from our next 2 games (assuming the Tims beat Utd) then we will have to wait until almost mid April to tie this up. That is a long wait...

Sunday gets it done and dusted and we go to their ground as champs.

Players and staff don't get to celebrate the moment on the pitch though.

21st means winning it at their ground in front of their players and staff.

But it means waiting another 2 weeks with the risk they somehow beat us and delay it by another 3 weeks.

Sunday or 21st?
I voted 21st just cause i want to bury Terry Munro at Sharkheed but I like your logic

I would prefer the 21st just because i know we are winning this league and playing on the park and winning it at the scumdome is a no brainer

Cowards won’t win Sunday , as don’t want to face us losing at home for it to be official

I said a couple of weeks ago I never want them to win a game however I will contradict myself because I want to win it on the pitch at their dump.

Back