Win the league on Sunday or on 21st March?

Sunday or 21st?

• Sunday

Votes: 397 58.3%
  • 21st

Votes: 283 41.6%

• Total voters
Be a better celebration on the 21st obviously and ideally you want to win it yourself rather than someone dropping points, but I just want it won ASAP - So Sunday.

As soon as possible for me.

I would've said, that winning the title at the Shit-pit, but with no fans, it's not that big a deal IMO

I want to see our players punch the air at full time knowing it's official. Why anyone wouldn't prefer that mystifies me.

I think a lot of folk are thinking in their heads this question is being asked at the start of the season. In that event obviously we'd all say whatever way it doesn't matter. It isn't though it's the 4th of March and we will win it soon. Why not with our guys on the pitch?

Genuinely surprised at the amount of people who have voted Sunday. If we won it then, we wouldnt even win it on the pitch and see the players reaction, or hear Gerrard speak in the height of emotion, or see Tavs face as he finally wins the legue as our longest current serving player and captain.

Winning at the piggery is a bonus for me, but winning it on the pitch and remembering who scored the goals that secured 55 is far more important. Need i say anymore than Brian Laudrup and Tannadice?

Me too.
It's as if people are still scared we might not win the league B-D

It's done and dusted.

How could you not want to win it on the park at the home of your biggest rivals?

A baffling poll but each to their own of course.

If we win 8-0 on Saturday will you allow yourself to relax?

If we do win, I'll be sticking some cash on a Utd win/draw (or maybe just lay them on the exchange).

I think I am just gonna party like %^*& on Saturday, Sunday (if they drop points) and then next Sunday too if we beat them.

May need more fireworks though.

I said the following on another thread last week, more appropriate here.

I wouldn't' mind If we win the title before our game v Timbo as there is still our undefeated record to play for at the Meccano Set.

However, I also wouldn't be averse to the players unveiling 55 T shirts emblazoned with 'The Indomitables' there in post match celebrations. A wee counter to their so called 'Invincibles' I.e. as Indomitable means one who can't and will not be dominated no matter what has transpired the last 10 years.

I'd rather see the players win it on the pitch after their efforts this season. Plus winning 55 at Parkhead, stopping their tainted ten bid in the process? Poetic justice, in my book. It's the sort of thing that'll emotionally scar a generation of tims.

That being said, hardly going to be gutted if we win on Saturday and they drop points on Sunday to hand us the title.B-)

Sunday, get it tied up ASAP

Then get a guard of honour at the piggery - that's what popcorn teeth said they would do, right?

I'd take the league today if we could get it. I want it done and dusted as quickly as possible. The sooner we get to gloat over these f*ckers, the better. If we hadn't lost that equaliser against Hamilton with a second to go, we could have done it on the pitch on Saturday, but right now, I'll happily take Sunday, if they drop any points. I personally don't think they will, as I would be really surprised if they would throw it, just to avoid us winning it at their patch. We have been in a similar situation, when they were rocking up to Ibrox carrying wooden coffins, expecting to turn us over and win the league, only for us to come out fighting and denying the opportunity.

I'll take either but I'd rather the players won it when on the pitch.

It would be iconic winning 55 at their ground in their most important season. It would really rub salt in their wounds.

Going there as champions before the split would be excellent to though so I wouldn't complain.

As long as it's not option 3.

Me too.
It's as if people are still scared we might not win the league B-D

It's done and dusted.

How could you not want to win it on the park at the home of your biggest rivals?

A baffling poll but each to their own of course.

Exactly. If we win against St Mirren the leagues over in all but name anyway. So a free shot at repeating the 1999 celebrations is a no brainer.

Honestly think folk just want to sound staunch here B-)

Win it ASAP even though the Sunday will be a double celebration cos its my sons birthday tht day too. #nopatience #waitedtoolongenoughloyal ;)

Winning it on the pitch at their shite hole 100% for me. Wont be the same for the players being crowned champions in the house with their slippers on.

To be honest I want to win it with us winning on the day not the mentally challengeds getting beat

Why would anyone want to give the mentally challengeds even a slight change of a little bit of joy this season?

win it this weekend then we can humiliate them by beating them at the piggery with an under strength reserve team saving all our top players for the europa cup.they would never live it down yaaaassss!!!!

I think we’ll win on Sat and they’ll draw on Sun.
But if it was to be won at the San Saville then that would be justice.

Sunday gets it done and dusted and we go to their ground as champs.

Players and staff don't get to celebrate the moment on the pitch though.

21st means winning it at their ground in front of their players and staff.

But it means waiting another 2 weeks with the risk they somehow beat us and delay it by another 3 weeks.

Sunday or 21st?

Are you not intrigued to find out if ra shellick will form a guard of honour for The Champions.?

Normally I'd say as soon as possible but to clinch it against them, even if we were only to draw with them, would just be the sweetest thing.

Celtic's attitude on Sunday will be interesting.

If it was the other way around, it wouldn't bother me them coming to Ibrox and potentially winning the league. I'd see it as an opportunity to put down a marker by beating them and delaying them winning the league.

But I really don't think Brown, Griffiths, etc have that appetite. I think they're more likely to throw Sunday than risk us going to their own patch and lifting the league.

After much consideration Id like to win it this weekend and then have a clear run at Europe with no pressure on domestic games. It would allow the changing of players to rest and recover between the European ties which could be crucial. Especially if we get into the next round.

Not fussed , its in the bag , although getting the final point in the tramps backyard would be icing on the cake.

I want it won asap.

And if we win it Sunday, then Allan McGregor taking our free-kicks, Penalties, and Corners at their sty will be a bigger "girfuy" than anything their scumbags players ever did ;)

Back